Lawrence Co upsets Shelbyville

persistant

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(persistant @ Jan 18 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826336304[/snapback]

Can it happen?

Shelbyville has been killing folks here of late, but yes it can happen. IF LCHS can sink the three and take care of the ball then yes a upset would be in the works. I really think you are looking at the one and two seeds in the district tourney here and I expect a Great game.

HOOPS TO YA!!!

kw

The absolute answer to this question is 'yes, it CAN happen,' AND it will happen if the Lady Cats play to their full potential. Overall, Lawrence County can beat anyone in this district. It will simply come down to the team that shows up at Shelbyville tomorrow night. kwright, I agree that taking care of the ball is the absolute key to this game. Hopefully, our ball handling and protection after gaining rebounds has continued to improve, and our defense will continue to be another key factor. If these young ladies play with the intensity and heart I know they possess, you will most definitely be looking at the #1 & #2 teams in 8AAA. Good luck, Lady Cats!

QUOTE(chs4life @ Jan 18 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826336407[/snapback]

Forget about it. It will not happen.

It can happen. If Lincoln Co would have guarded Alex from the inside instead of overplaying her and had hit their shots, they could have beaten them. I have said many times and I will say again, Shelbyville isn't as good as some may think. They are not the best team in the state. They are a top10 team, but not beyond getting beat by some of the better teams on their schedule. Rough up Alex and she will not have a good game. Boxing out is key!

I definetly think it could happen.Shelbyville has been on a role lately but they are due for a loss.I truely don't think they will go undefeated this year in district.I think they will get beat by Lawrence Co tomorrow night or Franklin Co next Tuesday.Lawrence County has to hit there shots tomorrow night but their post defense will be the key.

my prediction-Lawrence Co pulls it off by 4