Bradley Wins!

timcol

Rigger, I think that your first comment about the subjectivity of stalling calls makes the formal definition almost irrelevant. It's an opinion rendered by a referee…so for posters to say that Gilbert “missed a call” or “was inaccurate” is on the loony side.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the primary purpose of the stalling call is to engage fans in the action. It gives fans something to yell beginning 20 seconds into the match (he’s stalling ref…come on ref, make him wrestle, etc.) and it does offer fans something to gripe about when the match is over.

Congratulations to the Bears on this huge win. The probable rematch should be a doozy.

He missed a few calls on every match both ways if that means it was a good called match than thats good for me. I'm not whining over the results they would not change. Also you can try and stall and still get pinned in the first. When you do nothing but stay layed out on your stomach instead of making a attempt to come up than yes you are stalling, just because a much better wrestler pinned you does not mean you were not stalling. Again though that is the way in which matches are won or lost you shave points and doesn't matter if anybody like the way in which it was done the same can be said at 160 against Creagan, he tried not to get pinned and done a good job at it. In 1999 we missed a shot at a rematch against BC because we got pinned more against Clarksville. If one guy shaves that one point we win the match, but Clarksville got what they needed. Thats the way in which wrestling is done. I love Gilbert to death talked to him right before the match and I'm sure he would tell all of us backseat refs if we don't like the way he called the matches than get out there ourselves. So again you pointed out there were no calls for Soddy stalling and I said that there were calls that went both ways. In no way am I jumping on Danny he is to me the best ref in TN and I was glad to have him doing the match last night. Doug

QUOTE(wrestler813 @ Jan 19 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826337853[/snapback]

rigger, what do you mean, that doesn't make any sense at all ? Go back over to region 8 and stay out of everyones business.

Come on now! It takes a bigger piece of bait than that to get me to bite flamer813!

Really U have not made sense on any topic.

Jumping topic to topic to trash folks is a bit childish. Make a point and answer a question!!!!

PLEASE.......................................

BTW-U and Rosie O are cut from the same cloth!

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Jan 19 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826338183[/snapback]

Come on now! It takes a bigger piece of bait than that to get me to bite flamer813!

Really U have not made sense on any topic.

Jumping topic to topic to trash folks is a bit childish. Make a point and answer a question!!!!

PLEASE.......................................

BTW-U and Rosie O are cut from the same cloth!

rigger isn't it past your bedtime

• 4 weeks later...