LAVERGNE

Primetime14

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nununu @ Jan 25 2007 - 07:36 AM) 826345022[/snapback]

I wouldn't have put that in the paper either. The coach is losing his team, its an uphill battle from here.

Lets not forget that Gallatin is very good this year also...That's not all Lavergne's fault, sometimes the other teams just better.

QUOTE(asiatic2412 @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826339704[/snapback]

It all comes down to coaching, and LaVergne does not have a good one. I'm not bashing, but he needs to be an assistant for a few more years. He seems to have no knowledge of what is going on during the game and how to adjust to other teams. I've been to every game and I still see how his starting 5 are worn out by the fourth qtr. It's been said before, he needs to utilize his bench. There are some players down there. I will mention #15 again, he is a scorer. Everytime he is on the floor, for the 2 minutes per game, he puts up points. Rodriguez is a decent point guard who should be given more minutes to give Watkins a break. This season of so much promise is disentegrating before their eyes. I guess Mr. Coach figures that he has a bunch of juniors and they will be better next year. He better get on the stick or he may not have a team next season.

sounds like to me you have a kid riding the bench.... if you as a parent or a fan do not attend every practice to see how your child/relative is performing or to see that they are loafing in practice all the time then you don't have room to talk. Unless your there with the player second-by-second and step-4-step I wouldn't be blaming any coach on any team. Maybe the problem is you. Hey, maybe if your that fed up, go to college, get a teaching certificate, and coach a ballteam. Then you can call the plays.

BTW, I have no ties to LaVergne I just get fed up when a fan sits up in the stands munching on a twinkie and thinks that they can always solve the problem.

QUOTE(nununu @ Jan 25 2007 - 07:36 AM) 826345022[/snapback]

I wouldn't have put that in the paper either. The coach is losing his team, its an uphill battle from here.

So your saying that Crowder shouldn't have put it in the paper when Whites Creek slapped ya'll by 18? You need to worry about YOUR side of the county line. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. Lavergne has underachieved for years. There has always been a lack of discipline. Maybe it is time to correct it? I don't know the guy, but to say he is losing his team when your school has a similar history is downright funny. Glass houses pal. Enjoy the rest of wrestling season.

LHS went to the sub-state last year, got screwed on consecutive blown calls and the resulting technical...that's all the kept them out of the state tourney where they would have played Siegel in the 1st round who they already swept that season.

2 blown back to back calls from going to the state. With a center that was a year removed from playing church-league ball.

If that is underachieving, more teams need to underachieve like that.

I can also remember them coming in 6th place with four starters back, including one that signed with Tech. I also remember the next year after that they were the 2nd seed and lost AT HOME in the 1st round of the district to a bad Mount Juliet team. Selective memory on your part.

Oh yeah, that was in 2001-02 and 2002-03.

QUOTE(bigchief @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826345198[/snapback]

I can also remember them coming in 6th place with four starters back, including one that signed with Tech. I also remember the next year after that they were the 2nd seed and lost AT HOME in the 1st round of the district to a bad Mount Juliet team. Selective memory on your part.

Oh yeah, that was in 2001-02 and 2002-03.

did most of this "underachievement" occur during the barry wortman regime?

Well I've been quiet this season but enough is enough. First the o2-o3 season when MJ but us in the first round thier best player got eligible at christmas then district tournement they were rolloing with an excellent coach Kutlip. Second this years team over achieved early and is in the middle of a slump. if you remember last year we came back from christmas and lost 6 of 9 then went on to win 10 of the next 11 the same story last yeareveryone was blaming coachingduring the slump then it turns around everyone is happy. whom ever is posting needs to just face the fact that the kids are not getting it done right now. The first 15 games the same kids were playing the same amount of minutes and we were 13-2. So lets do this instead of blaming coaching lets be positive and paitent because like the last two years the Rines will turn it on when you least expect it. (04-05 upset siegel the won 9 in a row before losing in region semi, 05-06 shot 70% agaist Beech after losing 6 of 9 then go on to win next 10 of 11 before losing in the sub-state game)

QUOTE(bigchief @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826345190[/snapback]

So your saying that Crowder shouldn't have put it in the paper when Whites Creek slapped ya'll by 18? You need to worry about YOUR side of the county line. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war. Lavergne has underachieved for years. There has always been a lack of discipline. Maybe it is time to correct it? I don't know the guy, but to say he is losing his team when your school has a similar history is downright funny. Glass houses pal. Enjoy the rest of wrestling season.

Hey chief I'm riding the wave of success. When Creek slapped us, it was darn near national news. It's late in the season, this team will head in one of two directions south, or southeast.