District 10 A ... Who will win it all?

nator1203

Nashville Christian, East Literature, and Heritage are standing at 7-2 in the district. Currently, Heritage has the tie breakers since they have beat East Lit. and Nashville Christian. All three teams play each other one more time, and there are no easy wins from bottom to top in this district. Let's hear some opinions on who will be the #1 seed in the tourney and why they will be there. Should be very exciting the rest of the way, good luck to everyone.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jojo12 @ Jan 22 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826341359[/snapback]

I doubt it. They don't have a very good point guard. Nor depth.

I agree about the depth part..but i think they have one of the better point guards in the league. in my opinion only one is better. he is a good player and makes his players better around him.

QUOTE(nator1203 @ Jan 22 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826341455[/snapback]

I agree about the depth part..but i think they have one of the better point guards in the league. in my opinion only one is better. he is a good player and makes his players better around him.

I feel as their point guard is the best player at his position in the league but as for the depth...they have up to 7 or 8 players who can play and from what I have heard some of their freshmen can step in and not win games but not lose them either. It should be an interesting district tournament though.

Does anyone know why Jo Byrns has been removed from the district 10A standings on the Tennessean Web site (They are not in the rankings on either the NCS or East Lit home page)? They are still in Coach T's district 10A rankings. They are not listed in any district on the their home page on the Tennessean web site. Also, an article today in the Nashville City Paper about the NCS v. East Lit game says the first place team in the district gets a bye in the district tournament, and automatically makes the Region tournament. With Jo Byrns, there are 8 teams; without, only 7, so a bye would make sense. Have they been removed from the district or are they somehow ineligible?

No team has a bye. There are 8 teams. Jo Byrns is in 10A. Montessori was in the district last year giving us 9 teams, but closed up. Not sure if that is why the paper thinks there is a bye. Carlilse and Company are fine. More than likely, 1st place team will play Clarksville Academy at home for the first round.

By the way, the paper also screwed up and said Nashville Christian is all alone in 1st place. They are actually all alone in 2nd place. Heritage has two losses also and beat NCS head to head. They play again Friday.

1-Heritage

2-NCS

3-East Lit

4-Houston Co.

That is the way I thought it should be, and the way that the Tennessean showed it last week. I do not know why their web site changed.

Did WHH play Jo Byrns last night? Coach T does not have that as a game, but the Tennessean does. Is your record district actually 8-2, same as NCS (except for tie breaker, of course)? Tennessean and Coach T both say 7-2 for WHH (Tennessean missing a McEwen score, Coach T no Jo Byrns)

QUOTE(schrisp5 @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826343797[/snapback]

That is the way I thought it should be, and the way that the Tennessean showed it last week. I do not know why their web site changed.

Did WHH play Jo Byrns last night? Coach T does not have that as a game, but the Tennessean does. Is your record district actually 8-2, same as NCS (except for tie breaker, of course)? Tennessean and Coach T both say 7-2 for WHH (Tennessean missing a McEwen score, Coach T no Jo Byrns)

Heritage beat jo byrns last night 46-37 so that puts them at 8-2 in the district.