Springfield @ Clarksville

ut18vols

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt there but i heard the refs werent the best. ONE THING YOU CANT DO is blame a loss on a ref cerrtainly a 20 pt. loss. The refs may of been bad but not bad enough for 20 pt. Clarksville has shown there dominace over Springfield and pretty much over the whole district. Spingfield may get another shot at them and maybe them the can get the upset but until then Clarksville is numero uno in district 10

Lambchops.... I'm going to have to talk to the head of this site and make sure that you never post another message again... I mean come on.. you dont lose by 20 plus and blame it on the refs.. you can tell that you have never been around sports and do not have a clue with whats going on. you need to continue what you were doing weather that be helping your mom clean the dishes or cooking dinner but you do not need to post anything else regarding springfield and clarksville..well for that matter basketball in general.. your hurting the game!!

QUOTE(ut18vols @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826344201[/snapback]

I wasnt there but i heard the refs werent the best. ONE THING YOU CANT DO is blame a loss on a ref cerrtainly a 20 pt. loss. The refs may of been bad but not bad enough for 20 pt. Clarksville has shown there dominace over Springfield and pretty much over the whole district. Spingfield may get another shot at them and maybe them the can get the upset but until then Clarksville is numero uno in district 10

I agree, you can't sugarcoat a 20-pt. loss and blame it on the officials and I'm a Springfield fan. I also saw the highlights and they were enough for me.

I thought the officiating was terrible both ways. I cant say Clarksville got more breaks than springfield or vice versa. It was just a terrible effort on the refs part but to blame them and say thats why Clarksville won is absurb. Lets give credit where its due. Clarksville is the clear number one in this district. Tournament time is another season and then someone else gets an opportunity to be a clear number one. Last year Clarksville was the number one team in regular season but springfield was the top team in district tournament then CHS took over as the top region team with Lavergne. Thats just how it is.

I think the season will end on a interesting note as well as the district tournament. I hope all the teams play well and keep playing hard. Everybody's been competiting at thier best regardless of the refs...

QUOTE(TnBball @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826345261[/snapback]

I thought the officiating was terrible both ways. I cant say Clarksville got more breaks than springfield or vice versa. It was just a terrible effort on the refs part but to blame them and say thats why Clarksville won is absurb. Lets give credit where its due. Clarksville is the clear number one in this district. Tournament time is another season and then someone else gets an opportunity to be a clear number one. Last year Clarksville was the number one team in regular season but springfield was the top team in district tournament then CHS took over as the top region team with Lavergne. Thats just how it is.

I think the season will end on a interesting note as well as the district tournament. I hope all the teams play well and keep playing hard. Everybody's been competiting at thier best regardless of the refs...

Who if anyone has the best chance to give Clarksville a run for their money in the district?

QUOTE(watcher16 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:34 PM) 826344850[/snapback]

Lambchops.... I'm going to have to talk to the head of this site and make sure that you never post another message again... I mean come on.. you dont lose by 20 plus and blame it on the refs.. you can tell that you have never been around sports and do not have a clue with whats going on. you need to continue what you were doing weather that be helping your mom clean the dishes or cooking dinner but you do not need to post anything else regarding springfield and clarksville..well for that matter basketball in general.. your hurting the game!!

Once you learn the difference between using weather and whether you can come back and talk to me. Until then stay off the computer and take an English class.

i would say that Clarksville is head and shoulders above the pack, but the rest of the district seems to be very competitive, with maybe Springfield, Henry Co, NorthEast the 2nd group followed closely by Dickson, Rossview, NW, Kenwood. Although Clarksville has seperated themselves in the regular season thus far, anything can happen at tourney time.

QUOTE(bellgo @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826344925[/snapback]

I agree, you can't sugarcoat a 20-pt. loss and blame it on the officials and I'm a Springfield fan. I also saw the highlights and they were enough for me.

Bellgo I respect your and UTVols opinions on this, but highlights is not enough. If you were not at the game, you cannot get the real feel of how everything played out. I agree that 20 pints is a large amount, but I do not care how good you are or how well you play you cannot beat the refs or the clock guy who ran twenty seconds off during the fourth quarter after the whistle was blown. The refs had a about a two, maybe three minute time span where they let the boys play and Springfield cut the lead from 14 to 6. Springfield can run with anyone in the District and they will prove that come tournament time.