Cookeville @ Warren Co.

FrOnTrOlLbRo_31

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Jan 22 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826341134[/snapback]

With this game at Warren County, I think they have a decent chance, but Cookeville is molding into a pretty good team, but if you cant disrupt the flow/timing of their offense, it goes a long way in getting a win

Cookeville did a good job on controlling the ball against Oakland. Warren Co. needs to keep the ball in their hands the longest and keep the turnover margin down. I will have to say Warren Co. broke the Siegel press very well the other night and with a couple of made layups the score would have been closer. Alas, we need a district win and I would love to see it against Cookeville. I hope to see a large crowd tomorrow night.

Go Pioneers!!!

QUOTE(Mr. Heisman @ Jan 22 2007 - 04:18 PM) 826341380[/snapback]

Cookeville always has had tough games at warren co. I believe this will be a sloppy game. The team who makes the least amount of TO will win. Could go either way.

I agree, This will be our only chance at a district win, and if they will get our big man (Wiesel) more involved in the offense it would improve our chances of winning this game. Wiesel will have a huge advantage inside and will get Cookeville in foul trouble if nothing else. The only problem is ,we don't look inside!!! Seems like everyone's afraid to make the pass inside and he is busting his butt to get open. I don't have a dog in the hunt, I'm just stating what almost everyone in the stands would like to see this team do more of, Wiesel IS OUR MOST DOMINANT PLATER!!!! We will need to shoot foul shots to win this game.

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Jan 22 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826341459[/snapback]

I agree, This will be our only chance at a district win, and if they will get our big man (Wiesel) more involved in the offense it would improve our chances of winning this game. Wiesel will have a huge advantage inside and will get Cookeville in foul trouble if nothing else. The only problem is ,we don't look inside!!! Seems like everyone's afraid to make the pass inside and he is busting his butt to get open. I don't have a dog in the hunt, I'm just stating what almost everyone in the stands would like to see this team do more of, Wiesel IS OUR MOST DOMINANT PLATER!!!! We will need to shoot foul shots to win this game.

Go Pioneers!!!!

I agree about Weitzel. EVERYONE underestimates him here. If the other players will get him the ball in a situation where he can be successful, he will dominate. He has trouble converting when he's moving, but if he can post up, get the ball with his back to the basket and make a move, he will score or be fouled EVERY time. Warren County has a history of not using a big man and then he goes on to succeed at another level (Troy Carter, Jeremy Woodside, Josh Nunley). I hope this doesn't happen with Weitzel.