Brentwood in 2007

mvs_bwood

I have to say that brentwood and indy are the two teams in the region that are reloaded with talent, but i will give the edge to brentwood because indy is still looking for a head coach and this could cause some problems in the flow of things when the seasons come it should be showdown betwean indy and brentwood this year for the region title. i don't see any other teams having as much talent as these two.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(lostfan @ Jan 29 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826350533[/snapback]

I have to say that brentwood and indy are the two teams in the region that are reloaded with talent, but i will give the edge to brentwood because indy is still looking for a head coach and this could cause some problems in the flow of things when the seasons come it should be showdown betwean indy and brentwood this year for the region title. i don't see any other teams having as much talent as these two.

I can hardly wait to see what the Franklin Reb faithful have to say in response to this post!

And we cannot leave out the other "wood" just up the road! I am sure they will chime in as well!

Talent ebbs and flows, coaching comes and goes. Williamson County, because of its growth, has had a steady supply of talented football players. I remember when Franklin had average to below average records because of coaching- not talent. The same could be easily said of Centennial. Good coaching draws out the talent and makes it better.

Brentwood has had good talent over the years. John Ash couldn't draw it out and develop it. Jack Daniels and Ron Crawford did. Good coaching can draw it out and develop players who, at the very least, played at the top of their ability.

To me, that is the biggest challenge for the Bruins: how much REAL talent they have versus good talent that plays to the top?

Personally, if I had a son who was a QB, I'd run to BHS. They need a good one, and have a track record that is enviable- every QB since the mid 90's has gotten a college scholarship offer (Whittemore, Henshaw, Everson, Welch, McCurdy, and Hayes).

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826351539[/snapback]

Talent ebbs and flows, coaching comes and goes. Williamson County, because of its growth, has had a steady supply of talented football players. I remember when Franklin had average to below average records because of coaching- not talent. The same could be easily said of Centennial. Good coaching draws out the talent and makes it better.

Brentwood has had good talent over the years. John Ash couldn't draw it out and develop it. Jack Daniels and Ron Crawford did. Good coaching can draw it out and develop players who, at the very least, played at the top of their ability.

To me, that is the biggest challenge for the Bruins: how much REAL talent they have versus good talent that plays to the top?

Personally, if I had a son who was a QB, I'd run to BHS. They need a good one, and have a track record that is enviable- every QB since the mid 90's has gotten a college scholarship offer (Whittemore, Henshaw, Everson, Welch, McCurdy, and Hayes).

And who did Hayes get offers from?

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826351539[/snapback]

This sounds like recruiting statement. Coach Crawford asking this to be published about the need of QB to transfer to Brentwood?

If Brentwood doesn’t have a QB, then how will they complete effectively in 2007 against other Region 6 teams?

Brentwood offense will be the ground attack for 2007?

As recruiting co-ordinator for the Bruins, I have sole power over how and where I send my message. I just state the facts, a little opinion, and let the prospects decide for themselves. If that doesn't work; well I have a bunch of Italian Friends who do contract work, if you catch my drift.

Matt is being looked at by a number of DIII schools. No football scholly of course, but there are academic grants and scholarships that make it easier to play football. Similar to how the Ivy's work.

For those of us who saw the Bruins go through games with 3 passes attempted, to the Jack Ball era (where in one game ZERO run attempts was the stat), to the most recent addition where the running game was dominant, it is an offense built around the abilities of the QB. Matt was a very good wide receiver asked to play QB. McCurdy was a running back/LB asked to play QB.

They really could use a true QB.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 1 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826354345[/snapback]

As recruiting co-ordinator for the Bruins, I have sole power over how and where I send my message. I just state the facts, a little opinion, and let the prospects decide for themselves. If that doesn't work; well I have a bunch of Italian Friends who do contract work, if you catch my drift.

Matt is being looked at by a number of DIII schools. No football scholly of course, but there are academic grants and scholarships that make it easier to play football. Similar to how the Ivy's work.

For those of us who saw the Bruins go through games with 3 passes attempted, to the Jack Ball era (where in one game ZERO run attempts was the stat), to the most recent addition where the running game was dominant, it is an offense built around the abilities of the QB. Matt was a very good wide receiver asked to play QB. McCurdy was a running back/LB asked to play QB.

They really could use a true QB.

McCurdy was a heck of a ball player though, did he wind up going anywhere?