CALLING ALL LEWIS COUNTY FANS!

1ad

lewis county fans we need you to come out friday night and support the guys as we take on giles county who we havent beaten in probably 4 or 5 years and this could be the year. giles is undefeated in the district and lewis is in 3rd at that moment. this win would be a great boost for our team and our school in general. the girls game starts at 6 and the boys will follow.

I cant believe that there hasnt been a thread started about this game yet. A few weeks ago this game was being talked about excitedly and now there is just one post on it. I dunno if the support on here for Lewis County and Giles is down that much, or what...

It should be a good game, and I feel that Lewis County is capable of beating Giles, but it will take a very mistake free game to do it. I would expect the crowd to be in it pretty good if its a close game, and hopefully the players can feed off it as they did against Hickman County.

QUOTE(1ad @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:16 PM) 826344321[/snapback]

lewis county fans we need you to come out friday night and support the guys as we take on giles county who we havent beaten in probably 4 or 5 years and this could be the year. giles is undefeated in the district and lewis is in 3rd at that moment. this win would be a great boost for our team and our school in general. the girls game starts at 6 and the boys will follow.

Good luck with all that. I'm seriously doubting that that Lewis County can hang with Giles County's stuff to be honest. Giles County can sub in 5 at a time and still score points and play good D. But you never know, tyler smith wasn't supposed to dunk on Brandon Wright but, he did.

I have a lot of respect for the Giles Co. program, but I also have much more for the Panthers and the way they have played this year. I agree that the impossible has happened before and Friday would be a great time to see it but a few things should happen.

1. Giles has to play a mediocre game.

2. Lewis has to be mistake free on the defensive side of the ball

3. Lewis also has to out rebound the Bobcats.

4. Darren James and Kyle Tenison have to establish an inside game.

5. Along with paint, Lewis has to get a hand in the face of all the shots from the perimeter.

6. Panthers have to get a lead early, drop the morale of the Bobcats.

If 3 of these 6 actually happen the Panthers will have a chance to upset the Bobcats.

Another thing that will help is a lot of support from the Pit. No sitting down in this one, Hickman County was rattled in the third quarter when the Panthers were revitalized by the crowd in the second half!

i have been informed that lewis wants to have a Black Out!! all panther fans are encouraged to wear black as much black as you can. the miami heat had the White Hott last year at all their home games in the playoffs and it worked pretty well for them so we are going with a black out this friday.

It never ceases to amaze me how much influence our Bench Mob has had on surrounding schools. Other schools lack in creativeness of chants and just being mean to everyone who comes to play in our gym, but the influence is still there. I hate it when other schools come to our gym with 10 people and expect to hang in there against the Mob at full strength. Even though we have been lacking in wearing the black recently, we can still outchant anybody who comes to Giles County if we feel inclined.

Giles still escapes with the win - 71-65.

Box Score from "The Tennessean"

BOYS BKB - GILES CO. AT LEWIS CO., JAN. 26TH

Giles Co. High School 23 19 13 16 - 71

Lewis Co. High School 12 15 18 20 - 65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin Holt scored 18 points to help Giles County (16-5, 8-0 10-AA) win on the road in Hohenwald. Chase Helton led Lewis County (12-10, 3-4) with 15 points.

Lewis Co. High School Stats

Player

Myles Brewer - 8

Ryne Cates - 3

Kane Crowell - 3

Derek Duncan - 4

Ethan Dye - 6

Ben Floyd - 14

Chance Helton - 3

Chase Helton - 15

Kyle Tenison - 9

Giles Co. High School Stats