Sequoyah Football 2007

bigredbird

QUOTE(bigredbird @ Jan 25 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826345589[/snapback]

Okay: congrats on the new coach. Now the million dollar question is how many games will they win in 2007.

I think they have a shot at beating Tellico and Central but I don't think they will beat PF or SHS. They may come close with some other schools but I doubt they beat Howard or East Ridge or Notre Dame in Chattanooga. Can they beat any other schools in the region?

Don't sell them short. The adults in this situation may act like little kids. But those kids are ready to play like men.

QUOTE(bigredbird @ Jan 25 2007 - 02:29 PM) 826345589[/snapback]

Okay: congrats on the new coach. Now the million dollar question is how many games will they win in 2007.

I think they have a shot at beating Tellico and Central but I don't think they will beat PF or SHS. They may come close with some other schools but I doubt they beat Howard or East Ridge or Notre Dame in Chattanooga. Can they beat any other schools in the region?

All these games must be played on the field.I learned a long time ago predicting how young people will perform is a very inexact science,to say the least.At this point,competiveness will be a great thing.The talent cupboard is not bare,and I'm anxious to see the kids respond to this coach.If they resemble most if not all of his former players,great effort and execution will be the norm.If that translates into victories we can all hope!It is almost spring and the old saying still applies,"HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!"

Can we please stay away from the predictions, I mean its fun to talk about, but let's save it until late August. Just look at the Vols in 05 all those predictions and nothing happened. What about SQHS last year, did they not beat the defending state champs in a scrimmage? Everything was great and expectations were high (or higher than usual) until the 1st quarter of the Sweetwater game. Predictions sometimes makes it harder on the ones involved and makes the people making the predictions look like idiots. Even with low expectations, predicitons don't mean nothing.

QUOTE(vonore12 @ Jan 30 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826352040[/snapback]

Can we please stay away from the predictions, I mean its fun to talk about, but let's save it until late August. Just look at the Vols in 05 all those predictions and nothing happened. What about SQHS last year, did they not beat the defending state champs in a scrimmage? Everything was great and expectations were high (or higher than usual) until the 1st quarter of the Sweetwater game. Predictions sometimes makes it harder on the ones involved and makes the people making the predictions look like idiots. Even with low expectations, predicitons don't mean nothing.

Yes, it is definitely too early for predictions, but, there is hope and promise in the community once again.