Terrible Calls In 7-AA

wildcat6

I am not doubting that there are 2-3 in every association that make the entire association look bad. But as a whole the Cookeville are and the middle Tn. area refs are pretty good there is always going to be someone or a group of people who are never satisfied it is the nature of the beast....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do try to be fair! We do try to be unbiased! But we are human....we do make mistakes. Personally, I try to learn each time I mess up on the floor, and I do my best not to make the same mistake again...Remember these things before you think an official is out to "get" you...its probably just not true.!!.

Not to pick on you but "we do try to be fair, try to be unbiased, before you think an official is out to get you...its probably just not true"? sounds like you speak with forked tongue. How about when calling a game I call it fair and unbiased and do not go out to get someone. I agree that all are human and miss calls that is why kids have to learn how to play. The problem I have seen over and over this year is an inconsistency in calls. A mugging on one possession with no call then a touch on another with a call? How are the kids supposed to know how to play the game within the rules of the night when all is randomly called?

QUOTE(dwhask @ Feb 11 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826367237[/snapback]

We do try to be fair! We do try to be unbiased! But we are human....we do make mistakes. Personally, I try to learn each time I mess up on the floor, and I do my best not to make the same mistake again...Remember these things before you think an official is out to "get" you...its probably just not true.!!.

Not to pick on you but "we do try to be fair, try to be unbiased, before you think an official is out to get you...its probably just not true"? sounds like you speak with forked tongue. How about when calling a game I call it fair and unbiased and do not go out to get someone. I agree that all are human and miss calls that is why kids have to learn how to play. The problem I have seen over and over this year is an inconsistency in calls. A mugging on one possession with no call then a touch on another with a call? How are the kids supposed to know how to play the game within the rules of the night when all is randomly called?

i agree...

QUOTE(dwhask @ Feb 11 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826367237[/snapback]

So you are saying that if a coach has been arguing calls with you all night you don't love to T him up and remember that everytime you ref any of his teams games? All I would ask is that officials only make calls when they are in postion to make them and if there are not don't blow the whistle.