7-AAA MVP

dat_tko_boi_2005

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:55 PM) 826350810[/snapback]

this is kind-of-like the Hiesman in college football, everyone knew the Ohio St. qb Smith would win it hands down,and the same here for AML not even close. And AML would even make Warren County a contender, because she can play all 5 positions better than any other player in the league and is a total team player.

I totally agree with your post . Wait a minute that was me !!!!

QUOTE(Oldschoolpioneer1 @ Feb 1 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826354948[/snapback]

Seen them both. TD is very humble and has worked hard for everything she gets. AML is very conceited and thinks basketball revolves around her. I think hands down TD is the winner.

I have known AML for a while i had her sister in class (older) when i used to subb so i have been watching her around our gym since shew as a 7th grader and have talked to her after almost every game i have attended and i HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR FROM HER she always smiles gives me a hug and asked how im doing after i tell her good game no matter if we win or lose and not once has she acted concieted or acted like basketball revolves around her She works very hard at what she does just like TD does you dont get as good as AML is without hard work

Now about the heads up between TD and AML and the person complaining about the refs i think they forgot that AML had 4 fouls with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr AND PLAYED THE REST OF THE WAY WITH OUT GETTING another foul called she had to play off and could not go after a steal or anything so i dont think you can mention the refferee I dont know who won the "heads up"battle nor do i care but i will say this...Anne Marie is the best girl player i have seen in a long time in basketball she just has IT on the court she sees the court real well she can penetrate and pull up and shoot she can take it to the whole she can shoot from outside and she can kick the ball out to the open shooter

soph I DONT CARE ABOUT LAST YEAR OR THE PAST TEAMS the award is for THIS year and the MVP in district 7AAA is Anne Marie Lanning and i think the coaches (the ones who vote for this award) will show you by a landslide that i am right

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 1 2007 - 06:02 PM) 826354959[/snapback]

I have known AML for a while i had her sister in class (older) when i used to subb so i have been watching her around our gym since shew as a 7th grader and have talked to her after almost every game i have attended and i HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR FROM HER she always smiles gives me a hug and asked how im doing after i tell her good game no matter if we win or lose and not once has she acted concieted or acted like basketball revolves around her She works very hard at what she does just like TD does you dont get as good as AML is without hard work

Now about the heads up between TD and AML and the person complaining about the refs i think they forgot that AML had 4 fouls with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr AND PLAYED THE REST OF THE WAY WITH OUT GETTING another foul called she had to play off and could not go after a steal or anything so i dont think you can mention the refferee I dont know who won the "heads up"battle nor do i care but i will say this...Anne Marie is the best girl player i have seen in a long time in basketball she just has IT on the court she sees the court real well she can penetrate and pull up and shoot she can take it to the whole she can shoot from outside and she can kick the ball out to the open shooter

soph I DONT CARE ABOUT LAST YEAR OR THE PAST TEAMS the award is for THIS year and the MVP in district 7AAA is Anne Marie Lanning and i think the coaches (the ones who vote for this award) will show you by a landslide that i am right

Amen

QUOTE(tdntn @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826352687[/snapback]

TJ, did you not see them play head to head? AML was beating TD's defense every trip down the court. AML scored more points than TD (who played every minute) despite the fact that she played almost an entire quarter less. AML left the game initially with riverdale having the lead and oakland immediately went on a 9-0 run to take the lead. AML came back out and helped her team bite at the lead the rest of the night and she made the shots at the end to put riverdale back in the drivers seat

you guys talk about how this isnt a career award, its not about last year and what not, but yall keep talking about how awful oakland was last year...what does that matter oakland has one of the better girls programs in the state who didnt expect them to bounce back.

moving to a bigger picture here, i think both girls have a chance of being ms. basketball finalists (and theres only 3 of them). it would be so great to see them both but if atleast one of them isnt a finalist TSSAA would be doing district 7 a severe injustice i believe

they wouldnt have bounced back if TD was hurt or wasnt around again this season.....it is the same team as last year -TD......+randolph

i dont care what you say it wont be a "LANDSLIDE"............yall have never given anybody besides your own players any props so i give up

QUOTE(SopH1025 @ Feb 1 2007 - 11:07 PM) 826355308[/snapback]

i dont care what you say it wont be a "LANDSLIDE"............yall have never given anybody besides your own players any props so i give up

that is not true i have given TD her props she is a good player but you wait the coaches will show you in their results in the voting remember it is the league COACHES that vote not fans or players

QUOTE(dat_tko_boi_2005 @ Jan 25 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826346006[/snapback]

This forum is to see who the MOST valuable player of the year is in District 7-AAA. This person is not always scoring, but is the man behind the scenes. In order to be considered for MVP the player must have these qualities:

1. Offense - As stated earlier this person is not always scoring but can score if needed and is never scared to play hard. Finds outlets to score and is constantly working. CONSTANTLY!

2. Defense - To be a vital part of any team the player needs to have a solid defensive game. They must be able to get KEY steals, must be good at denying their man the ball, and be able to get back on defense right after a score.

3. Team Skills - Lastly, this person must be able to work well with a team. This person needs to be able to know when to take a shot and when to kick out an assist. This person is also one that is not pouting.(We all can see this even from the bleachers.)

So when posting be sure to be able to back up the player you nominate with hard core examples not with word of mouth from a game no one saw but something people will be able to agree with. Please BE NICE! ~~~~

If you've watched every team in this district and wet by these guidelines, the winner wolud most definitely Anne Marie Laning. Not only does she score, but she is a very hard worker. She slso works together with her team very well. Morgan Faulkner Honorable Mention

I really don't think I FORGOT anything, nor was I COMPLAINING. I simply made a STATEMENT about TD playing the defense that she that was necessary to stay out of foul trouble. I remember AML getting into foul trouble on a BAD DECISION on HER part. You play against the refs EVERYTIME you hit the hardwood and it's a VARIABLE you have no control over. KUDOS to AML for not having another foul, that was a dumb move on Oakland's part.

The POINT that soph is trying to make is that the MVP doesn't necessarily go to the BEST player on the BEST team. Oakland completely DOMINATED the district that year having only a few close games, but AML won the MVP that season. If you even compare the two teams and two seasons Oakland and Riverdale have just switched positions. So if the coaches use the same LOGIC they did that season then why is it so hard to believe that SOMEONE BESIDES AML is even CAPABLE of winning the MVP. Though like every other award in existence, it is all about a NAME and AML has the NAME.

I am not even trying to take anything away from her, because she has talent. Though sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees.