CENTENNIAL VS. HILLSBORO

CHS 2007

QUOTE(TnScout11 @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826350202[/snapback]

Centennial plays no defense at all, Hillsboro will run them up and down the court all night. Hillsboro wins easy 10+

thats the funniest thing i've heard since... nope thats the funniest thing i've ever heard on coacht

centennial has arguably the best defender in the district in lamont harris(i said arguablly so dont jump all over me)

drew kelly is a force down low

the gaurds can play d when needed

and as chs stated the only problem chs has had is the 4th quarter

thats it

no defense! ha! what a joke!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managing foul trouble is part of the game - so using it as an excuse for late points scored by the opposition shows a weakness in your ability to unbiasedly assess a teams strength or weaknesses.

Bottom line - CHS is playing better all around basketball than they were early in the year, tonight will be another good matchup in the district for seeding the tournament. At this point it is all jockeying for tourney position and that is where the real games start!

FINAL IN OVERTIME

CENTENNIAL 81

HILLSBORO 75

Started off a relatively close game. Hillsboro got on a short run, but Centennial answered with a run of their own. It went back and forth like this through most of the first half, with Centennial holding a slight advantage at the end of the second. The Cougars took control of the 3rd, getting on a big run and ending the quarter with a 13 point lead. But as with any Centennial lead, you know the other team is gonna mount a comeback. The Burros started to mount a few quick plays and cut the lead to 4. Centennial answered at the other end, but Hillsboro came back with a 7-0 run and took the lead. Ty Jones was fouled with a minute left and after making his first, the second bounced right into Drew's hands, who gave the team a two point advantage. Hillsboro was fouled at the other end, but Travaris Phillips missed his first, which gave CHS a 1 point lead. Lamont answered at the other end with two quick free-throws, and with 5 seconds left, it looks like Centennial had it in the bag. But Tony Whitlow was able to speed down the court and instead of forcing the shot, he dishes it out to a wide-open Ryan Westbrook, who sunk the three as time expired.

OVERTIME: The Cougars started off strong, with good defense at one end and timely scoring at the other. Hillsboro kept it close, but a late basket by Kelly and two clutch free-throws by Allante kept this one just out of reach for the Burros, and the Cougars picked up the big win at home. Centennial improves to 18-6, 8-4 in the district. While Hillsboro drops to 13-11, 8-6 in the district.

CENTENNIAL 81

Drew Kelly: 30 pts

Lamont Harris: 23 pts

Allante McLemore: 21 pts

Ty Jones: 1 pts

Patrick Byrd: 2 pts

Preston Stroop: 2 pts

Chaz Scales: 2 pt

HILLSBORO 75

Ryan Westbrook: 22 pts

Travaris Phillips: 14 pts

Dontez Simpson: 13 pts

Erik Trent: 13 pts

Darrell Miller: 8 pts

Tony Whitlow: 3 pts

Jaymes Mooney: 2 pts

Centennial's Mark McFarland did not play due to violation of school policy. Hillsboro's Steve Parker also missed this game due to injury.

centennial 77

hillsboro 71 OT

something like that, i done forgot now its been a long day. but centennial did win in overtime and thats all that matters.

i only got to see the 4th qtr. due to work but...but what i saw was a very sloppy 4th qtr. the game should not have gone to OT centennial shouldve won it in regulaton, but alot and i mean ALOT of free-throws were missed late, 6-7 in a row i think, it was aweful.

i dont know any stats, how drew played, or how bug played, from the little that i saw both drew and bug played solid, just a lot bad passes, poor shots, and missed free-throws

Centenniats got Ravenwood friday, should be an interesting game, if CHS continues to play the sloppy ball ive seen em play the last couple games.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Jan 30 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826352391[/snapback]

FINAL IN OVERTIME

CENTENNIAL 81

HILLSBORO 75

Started off a relatively close game. Hillsboro got on a short run, but Centennial answered with a run of their own. It went back and forth like this through most of the first half, with Centennial holding a slight advantage at the end of the second. The Cougars took control of the 3rd, getting on a big run and ending the quarter with a 13 point lead. But as with any Centennial lead, you know the other team is gonna mount a comeback. The Burros started to mount a few quick plays and cut the lead to 4. Centennial answered at the other end, but Hillsboro came back with a 7-0 run and took the lead. Ty Jones was fouled with a minute left and after making his first, the second bounced right into Drew's hands, who gave the team a two point advantage. Hillsboro was fouled at the other end, but Travaris Phillips missed his first, which gave CHS a 1 point lead. Lamont answered at the other end with two quick free-throws, and with 5 seconds left, it looks like Centennial had it in the bag. But Tony Whitlow was able to speed down the court and instead of forcing the shot, he dishes it out to a wide-open Ryan Westbrook, who sunk the three as time expired.

OVERTIME: The Cougars started off strong, with good defense at one end and timely scoring at the other. Hillsboro kept it close, but a late basket by Kelly and two clutch free-throws by Allante kept this one just out of reach for the Burros, and the Cougars picked up the big win at home. Centennial improves to 18-6, 8-4 in the district. While Hillsboro drops to 13-11, 8-6 in the district.

CENTENNIAL 81

Drew Kelly: 30 pts

Lamont Harris: 23 pts

Allante McLemore: 21 pts

Ty Jones: 2 pts

Patrick Byrd: 2 pts

Preston Stroop: 2 pts

Chaz Scales: 1 pt

HILLSBORO 75

Ryan Westbrook: 22 pts

Travaris Phillips: 14 pts

Dontez Simpson: 13 pts

Erik Trent: 13 pts

Darrell Miller: 8 pts

Tony Whitlow: 3 pts

Jaymes Mooney: 2 pts

Centennial's Mark McFarland did not play due to violation of school policy. Hillsboro's Steve Parker also missed this game due to injury.

this is all wrong. travaris phillips past the ball to ryan at the end, and neither Jaymes Mooney nor Darrell Miller played. Both are hurt with Darrell being done for the year. Get your facts straight. Also travaris missed his second free throw not his 1st.

I think the facts really don't matter, CHS won & that's what's important! The cougars were looking pretty good. I think we're on the right track heading into tournament time. If we keep playing like we are & only getting better, I expect some upsets come tourney time. With Indy barely beating Ravenwood, I think anything can happen!

QUOTE(run_n_gun @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826353017[/snapback]

this is all wrong. travaris phillips past the ball to ryan at the end, and neither Jaymes Mooney nor Darrell Miller played. Both are hurt with Darrell being done for the year. Get your facts straight. Also travaris missed his second free throw not his 1st.

Both #44 and #30 played, who were listed on the scoresheet as Darrell Miller and Jaymes Mooney. So unless they switched numbers for a game, those two played. And no, Mark did not steal any burger, spoon, or otherwise. It was nothing criminal and he will be back Friday.