Booster Clubs - Getting People to Work!

viking_fan

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Feb 5 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826359107[/snapback]

Nice website . Do you have a newsletter or an email list also? I am a member of a historical society that sends out monthly (minimum) email reminders for meetings and other events. Just wondering if anyone else is having success using this with booster clubs

When we talk to the parents, we try to get all their information including cell phone numbers and email addresses if they have them. Our officer's handle the info to be released (ie meetings or important dates) and distribute it to the team moms for contacting parents or the website coordinator.

Seems to work well for us

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Feb 5 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826359107[/snapback]

Nice website . Do you have a newsletter or an email list also? I am a member of a historical society that sends out monthly (minimum) email reminders for meetings and other events. Just wondering if anyone else is having success using this with booster clubs

We also put together a package of materials for all parents. It includes all football schedules, responsibilities, current fund raisers, and other items in which the families participate in during the season.

QUOTE(showvol @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826359057[/snapback]

A couple of ideas that seem to work at Gibbs is:

1) Our website http://www.gibbseagles.net

It helps get out the information for both the parents and the community.

2) We have a team picnic for players and their families after practice one night but before school officially starts. Helps to get people together and ready for the season.

3) We charge $40.00 for reserved parking next to the stadium that is available for booster club members first with their membership and everyone else one week before the first home game. Certainly helps with our fundraising effort.

4) Team moms for each grade. Each team mom contacts players parents in their grade about upcoming events and or needs that arrises with the team.

It does get better if you keep people informed as much as possible.

The website looks great!! How did you go about getting it started? I have been checking out eteamz, looks like that could be a good way to go.

QUOTE(viking_fan @ Feb 5 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826359547[/snapback]

The website looks great!! How did you go about getting it started? I have been checking out eteamz, looks like that could be a good way to go.

We're actually very fortunate. Our website is done by one of our alumni whom absorbs the cost as a donation through his business (SpearsMedia). He also takes most of the pictures you see on the site and saved us a lot of money by printing the game programs too. Programs were so much better this year.

Eteamz is a good place to start unless you have someone tech savy that can customize one for you. You might even check out some of the team links from the Gibbs website to give you some ideas in what you want.

QUOTE(viking_fan @ Feb 5 2007 - 04:48 PM) 826359547[/snapback]

IMO Eteamz is OK for little league but for a HS it has too much advertising and is slow. I can do some HTML myself so I am thinking about doing a basic web site to get it started. Buying a .net URL (web site name) only costs $12 for two years at GoDaddy.com. A .org is about $24 for 2 years. A basic web site can be hosted for free at Doteasy.com. There is a limit to the size of the web site and number of emails but you can get a good start. When the site gets bigger you can still get good hosting for $5 - $15 per month. If you can find someone who would donate their time to build a basic site you can get something going for almost nothing and then build it as you have time/money

QUOTE(PurpleGrad @ Feb 6 2007 - 12:37 PM) 826360552[/snapback]

Let us know when you get your site up and running. I'd like to take a look at the Pirate Zone......

Will do. I actually started one several yaers back when I was over little league but never got it completed. I'll just use it as a starting point to save some time. BTW that is what the picture in my signature file was orginally for. I just changed it to "Speed Pittsburg" for use on here