Public Schools that recruit like private schools

Guest workinprogress

I'm no math whiz either but I know a trend when I see one. If your not TC or private it appears you don't have a chance. Privates win1A then move on TC has a solid program and is the only public to make any noise against the privates. 2 public schools have won since 93 hmmmm 6 public championships in 13 years all by the same 2 schools , and there wouldn't be that many if privates didn't go 2A after they win a title.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826377688[/snapback]I'm no math whiz either but I know a trend when I see one. If your not TC or private it appears you don't have a chance. Privates win1A then move on TC has a solid program and is the only public to make any noise against the privates. 2 public schools have won since 93 hmmmm 6 public championships in 13 years all by the same 2 schools , and there wouldn't be that many if privates didn't go 2A after they win a title.

so now they are all 2a...what is the problem?

Remember, the 2 publics that won titles won 2 and 4...and both are still in 1a. So now we have dominating publics in 1a, 2a, AND 3a...why are you upset again?

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826375990[/snapback]1. Great Coaching (which several other 1A schools have)

2. Community support (something very few 1A schools have)

3. Consistently 400 plus students (if you believe this isn't a factor your crazy)

4. Great Tradition

5. Experience playing at a higher level

Is that good enough VG , were still talking about 1 school out of many that is consistently able to compete , the 1 school that got put out in the second or third round last year by a Private.

#1...I`m not sure I agree but will take your word on it.

#2...Is that the fault of any private school? I don`t really think so.

#3...Again, that`s not the fault of private schools. A merit system would change that though.

#4...Great tradition is earned and can not be handed to you.

#5...Trousdale was great and dominating in 1A before they moved up. Check your facts.

Now those are my opinions. I`m interested in your response.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826377512[/snapback]Since most of those teams were in 2a the last two years...and TC was in 3a four of those years...it really isn't much of a domination.

Those figures don't mean too much.

Ok ... let's look at it this way ... TC was "out" of 1A for 4 years. Again, I'm not a math whiz but that means that TC has won 4 out of 9 of the championships that they had a chance to win - or 44.4% of the time. I suspect they would have at least won 3 of 4 they were in 3A since they had extremely strong teams those years too.

44.4% of the time sounds dominating to me. Not one single privates has been remotely close to that kind of domination. Don't get me started about Alcoa, Maryville, and Riverdale.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826377301[/snapback]I'm not a math whiz, but by my count since 1993:

Trousdale - 4 Championships

South Pitt - 2

DCA - 2

CPA - 2

JCS - 1

Boyd - 1

Ezell - 1

BGA - 1

Who is dominating again? Ha.

Yeah, as far as private schools "dominating", how do you know that Ezell,Boyd, and JCS would have ever won a single title had it not been for the multiplier kicking out CPA?? My point is, that had you left the parger privates still in, then teams like CPA would have won at least 5 or 6 out of the 14 your talking about, they would be considered a dominant TEAM, instead of a dominant school system...

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826378602[/snapback]Yeah, as far as private schools "dominating", how do you know that Ezell,Boyd, and JCS would have ever won a single title had it not been for the multiplier kicking out CPA?? My point is, that had you left the parger privates still in, then teams like CPA would have won at least 5 or 6 out of the 14 your talking about, they would be considered a dominant TEAM, instead of a dominant school system...

Huh??? All the privates had the multiplier applied at the same time. The just happened 2 years ago for all of them. JCS and FCS just happen to be so small that they still fell in 1A.

I highly doubt any 1A teams would have beat TC most of those years including the 2 years they were put out very late in the playoffs ... like semifinals by 1 point by Fulton.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826378060[/snapback]#1...I`m not sure I agree but will take your word on it.

#2...Is that the fault of any private school? I don`t really think so.

#3...Again, that`s not the fault of private schools. A merit system would change that though.

#4...Great tradition is earned and can not be handed to you.

#5...Trousdale was great and dominating in 1A before they moved up. Check your facts.

Now those are my opinions. I`m interested in your response.

1. you don't agree on great coaching at TC or several 1A schools.

2. I didn't blame anyone I just stated that as a reason they have been successful (community support gives money to a program something few 1A publics have)

3. Numbers help publics , large ratio of athletes and good kids to non athletes and trouble makers aids privates

4. Good point and I would never argue that.

5. Be that as it may , they have still been a relatively large 1A school for some time , and now that FCS has built its program up with a small college atmosphere they will continue to beat out TC for the region title for several years.

What kind of response do you want from me? Total agreemant with you? It's not going to happen. TC is the only public school you can throw out there that has consistently competed with privates in 1A since the early 90's. How many privates are in 1A? 12 or 13 How many publics? 45 or 50. Explain to me how you have 2 privates in the championship game last year and that they have won the majority of the titles in the last decade being so greatly outnumbered.

QUOTE(old24eagle @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826379087[/snapback]1. you don't agree on great coaching at TC or several 1A schools.

2. I didn't blame anyone I just stated that as a reason they have been successful (community support gives money to a program something few 1A publics have)

3. Numbers help publics , large ratio of athletes and good kids to non athletes and trouble makers aids privates

4. Good point and I would never argue that.

5. Be that as it may , they have still been a relatively large 1A school for some time , and now that FCS has built its program up with a small college atmosphere they will continue to beat out TC for the region title for several years.

What kind of response do you want from me? Total agreemant with you? It's not going to happen. TC is the only public school you can throw out there that has consistently competed with privates in 1A since the early 90's. How many privates are in 1A? 12 or 13 How many publics? 45 or 50. Explain to me how you have 2 privates in the championship game last year and that they have won the majority of the titles in the last decade being so greatly outnumbered.

TC isn't the only public that has "consistently competed with the privates", it IS one of 2 publics that have dominated 1a though. 4 titles for TC isn't competition, it is 2 times as many as any other school. South Pitt has 2 titles, which is as many as any other school. There were six or seven real good privates that are in 2a now...again I ask, with BOTH 0f the dominating publics still in 1a and most of the top small privates in 2a, what is the problem?

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:21 AM) 826378915[/snapback]Huh??? All the privates had the multiplier applied at the same time. The just happened 2 years ago for all of them. JCS and FCS just happen to be so small that they still fell in 1A.

I highly doubt any 1A teams would have beat TC most of those years including the 2 years they were put out very late in the playoffs ... like semifinals by 1 point by Fulton.

TC definitely would have done very well in the 1a playoffs those years. The problem is...they were a 2a school (enrollment) those years. They would not have been in

1a if they had chosen to play within their enrollment.

QUOTE(Antwan @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826379268[/snapback]TC definitely would have done very well in the 1a playoffs those years. The problem is...they were a 2a school (enrollment) those years. They would not have been in

1a if they had chosen to play within their enrollment.

That still doesn't change the fact that they won 4 of 9 1A championships that they were eligible to win. 44.4%. Nothing else to say really ... that is domination ... no one private has had that kind of domination.

44.4%.

Does anyone know if they lost in the championship game on the rare years that they didn't win it? I'm asking because apparently some private haters have argued in the past that just making it to the championship game is apparent domination (see Goodpasture and Lipscomb "domination" threads).

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Feb 19 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826379464[/snapback]That still doesn't change the fact that they won 4 of 9 1A championships that they were eligible to win. 44.4%. Nothing else to say really ... that is domination ... no one private has had that kind of domination.

44.4%.

Does anyone know if they lost in the championship game on the rare years that they didn't win it? I'm asking because apparently some private haters have argued in the past that just making it to the championship game is apparent domination (see Goodpasture and Lipscomb "domination" threads).

They were runners-up in 1973, 1974, and 1975 in class AA.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ Feb 19 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826379464[/snapback]That still doesn't change the fact that they won 4 of 9 1A championships that they were eligible to win. 44.4%. Nothing else to say really ... that is domination ... no one private has had that kind of domination.

44.4%.

Looking deeper ... 6 out of 9 years during that period were public domination years. That is 66.7%. Yikes! Private ... err, Public domination.

I'm failing to see the private domination.