Henry County vs Clarksville (Can the Pats defeat this juggernaut?)

PatFan20

Tuesday night is the night all Pats fans have looked at since their first meeting in Clarksville as the Wildcats easily handled a shell shockedPatriots team! I am hoping that in the friendly confines of Gamlin gymnasium that we put up a better fight than the first time! I've seen some glimmers of things that I like . #1 Mario Allen has been a scoring machine for the Patriots all year, but if we are to do well in the districts and region come tournament time other scoring options are needed. June Bug , Marsalis, and Hunter B. have shown that they can score and their scoring will be a much needed commodity Tuesday and the rest of the season. Defense has looked pretty good all season long with exception to the Clarksville game. I'm a little worried about rebounding though. Friday nights game against Northeast exposed our rebounding weaknesses and we gave up way too many offensive rebound to the Eagles!

Well these area few of my comments wondering what everyone else is thinking. Also,looking to next year what will the rest of the teams have I know that we will not be losing much but what about NE and Clarksville? Hope to see a gym full of Red on Tuesday night!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PatFan20 @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826350095[/snapback]

Tuesday night is the night all Pats fans have looked at since their first meeting in Clarksville as the Wildcats easily handled a shell shockedPatriots team! I am hoping that in the friendly confines of Gamlin gymnasium that we put up a better fight than the first time! I've seen some glimmers of things that I like . #1 Mario Allen has been a scoring machine for the Patriots all year, but if we are to do well in the districts and region come tournament time other scoring options are needed. June Bug , Marsalis, and Hunter B. have shown that they can score and their scoring will be a much needed commodity Tuesday and the rest of the season. Defense has looked pretty good all season long with exception to the Clarksville game. I'm a little worried about rebounding though. Friday nights game against Northeast exposed our rebounding weaknesses and we gave up way too many offensive rebound to the Eagles!

Well these area few of my comments wondering what everyone else is thinking. Also,looking to next year what will the rest of the teams have I know that we will not be losing much but what about NE and Clarksville? Hope to see a gym full of Red on Tuesday night!!

Caldwell will be coming back for Clarksville, I guess thats all that matters since he was district MVP as a Soph and looks to be on his way to the prestigous award again as a JR.

Northeast should be exciting next year with Alderson, Walker, and James coming back as starters as well as some good sophmores.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826350179[/snapback]

Caldwell will be coming back for Clarksville, I guess thats all that matters since he was district MVP as a Soph and looks to be on his way to the prestigous award again as a JR.

Northeast should be exciting next year with Alderson, Walker, and James coming back as starters as well as some good sophmores.

What number is Caldwell?

QUOTE(PatFan20 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826350095[/snapback]

Do you see HC really trying to step up the D and slowing the O down to keep this game in 50's?

CHS play along baseline gave HC some problems in Clarksville. For that fact CHS has given a lot of teams trouble in that area this year.

I am hoping this game takes an air of Tourney Time at Gamlin Gym Tuesday Night.

QUOTE(wingman @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826350218[/snapback]

Do you see HC really trying to step up the D and slowing the O down to keep this game in 50's?

CHS play along baseline gave HC some problems in Clarksville. For that fact CHS has given a lot of teams trouble in that area this year.

I am hoping this game takes an air of Tourney Time at Gamlin Gym Tuesday Night.

Stepping up the D has been Coach Wilkins' calling card since day 1. He is a very defensive minded coach and you can never play hard enough on D! Slowing down the offense I would say no! Not that it is not a textbook way to slow down an athletic type ball team like Clarksville, but it is my oppinion that we do not score well in the half court. Our best scoring spurts have come as a result of good defense causing turnovers and scoring in the transition before the defense can set up. If HC could find a half court offense that they felt really comfortable with then they could be a team to be reckoned with later in the season (district and regionals). Their biggest liability has been half court offense. The halfcourt offense has looked good at times , but is not real consistent. They have looked their best when they are pressing and trapping forcing turnovers wihich result in points on the board!

The key which is easier said than done is to stop dribble penetration at the top denying these lanes will help with some of the problem losing Merriweather underneath. Again that is easier said then done, but I am confident that Coach Wilkins will instill into his men that they must play really hard for them to have a chance to beat Clarksville! Coach has done a good job with the team this year considering where they were last year and how much we lost! I see even better days for the Pats this year and in the future!

QUOTE(PatFan20 @ Jan 29 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826350259[/snapback]

Stepping up the D has been Coach Wilkins' calling card since day 1. He is a very defensive minded coach and you can never play hard enough on D! Slowing down the offense I would say no! Not that it is not a textbook way to slow down an athletic type ball team like Clarksville, but it is my oppinion that we do not score well in the half court. Our best scoring spurts have come as a result of good defense causing turnovers and scoring in the transition before the defense can set up. If HC could find a half court offense that they felt really comfortable with then they could be a team to be reckoned with later in the season (district and regionals). Their biggest liability has been half court offense. The halfcourt offense has looked good at times , but is not real consistent. They have looked their best when they are pressing and trapping forcing turnovers wihich result in points on the board!

The key which is easier said than done is to stop dribble penetration at the top denying these lanes will help with some of the problem losing Merriweather underneath. Again that is easier said then done, but I am confident that Coach Wilkins will instill into his men that they must play really hard for them to have a chance to beat Clarksville! Coach has done a good job with the team this year considering where they were last year and how much we lost! I see even better days for the Pats this year and in the future!

It will take a big defensive effort tomorrow night. Looking forward to an exciting game and seeing Pats win a big one.

QUOTE(PatFan20 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826350259[/snapback]

If the Pats play some hard core defense and cut down on turnovers I think they can and will win this game! Need 3 guys in double digits not just Mario and his band of merry men watching him score.

Hopefully HC can step it up tomorrow. Clarksville is loaded and is to the eye of the beholder the favorite, but I believe in these young kids and feel that if anyone is to stop Clarksville this year that they have the best chance. They just have to play four solid quarters of basketball. I think they will be better prepared this time around than they were the first time.

Good luck Pats!

The answer to the original question...is yes. The Patriots CAN beat Clarksville. Will they? Chances are slim. Playing at home increases their chances quite a bit, but after seeing the Pats get beat rather decisively at CHS, I'd say the Patriots will have to play a near perfect game.

I am still under the impression that someone will beat CHS from the district before the year is over...but if HC doesn't do it tomorrow...it probably won't happen until possibly the District Championship (if at all).

But I do think that the Patriots are a team that can be in the game into the 4th quarter. They are a team that can create turnovers and score in flurries. If they can keep from getting too far behind early it could make all the difference in the world.

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 29 2007 - 03:04 PM) 826350536[/snapback]

The answer to the original question...is yes. The Patriots CAN beat Clarksville. Will they? Chances are slim. Playing at home increases their chances quite a bit, but after seeing the Pats get beat rather decisively at CHS, I'd say the Patriots will have to play a near perfect game.

I am still under the impression that someone will beat CHS from the district before the year is over...but if HC doesn't do it tomorrow...it probably won't happen until possibly the District Championship (if at all).

But I do think that the Patriots are a team that can be in the game into the 4th quarter. They are a team that can create turnovers and score in flurries. If they can keep from getting too far behind early it could make all the difference in the world.

I would agree TRiplethreat!!