Henry County vs Clarksville (Can the Pats defeat this juggernaut?)

PatFan20

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826351628[/snapback]

I'm gonna go again...one just came to me. I am guessing that there will be at least one play that upsets Coach Wilkins tonight. (whether it be an officials mistake or a player doing something ill-advised)

Probably just one though, for the most part he usually stays pretty calm.

Ok...Thanks for your thoughts.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826351628[/snapback]

I'm gonna go again...one just came to me. I am guessing that there will be at least one play that upsets Coach Wilkins tonight. (whether it be an officials mistake or a player doing something ill-advised)

Probably just one though, for the most part he usually stays pretty calm.

you guys have done it now! ruined our reputation! a HC basketball thread that went to 2 pages!?! unheard of!

i'm not into making predictions so i wont. ok i will HC 57 CHS 55

"stays pretty calm" ?!?!?!?!? in control - yes. but calm? nah ..... ha

Go Big Red.

Hey Watcher - hope your watching tonight.

QUOTE(butter-bean @ Jan 30 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826351691[/snapback]

you guys have done it now! ruined our reputation! a HC basketball thread that went to 2 pages!?! unheard of!

i'm not into making predictions so i wont. ok i will HC 57 CHS 55

"stays pretty calm" ?!?!?!?!? in control - yes. but calm? nah ..... ha

Go Big Red.

Hey Watcher - hope your watching tonight.

Hey Bean what your take on the Colts-Bears game?

It looks as though several are ready for Henry Co to upset Clarksville, as well as myself. But I think all I can really predict...without it turning into HOPE, is that I predict Henry Co. will play Clarksville their best game so far this season by a district opponent.

Which means if the line for the game were 9.5 I would predict Henry Co. to beat the line.

Clarksville-Northeast played Clarksville their closest game at a 10-point loss. I think Henry Co will play them even closer than that...and if things go right, maybe a call here or a made shot there, they could pull out their biggest victory of the year.

(Although I must state, the line for this game is probably more like 14.5 or maybe even 18.5 considering Clarksville has one every district game by an average of about 23 points.)

The first meeting between these two resulted in a 71-48 victory for CHS, but the one glimmer of hope was the fact that Henry Co settled down in the second half. They were down 22 at half time, and lost by 23.

What does anyone think Vegas would put the line at?

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 30 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826351828[/snapback]

It looks as though several are ready for Henry Co to upset Clarksville, as well as myself. But I think all I can really predict...without it turning into HOPE, is that I predict Henry Co. will play Clarksville their best game so far this season by a district opponent.

Which means if the line for the game were 9.5 I would predict Henry Co. to beat the line.

Clarksville-Northeast played Clarksville their closest game at a 10-point loss. I think Henry Co will play them even closer than that...and if things go right, maybe a call here or a made shot there, they could pull out their biggest victory of the year.

(Although I must state, the line for this game is probably more like 14.5 or maybe even 18.5 considering Clarksville has one every district game by an average of about 23 points.)

The first meeting between these two resulted in a 71-48 victory for CHS, but the one glimmer of hope was the fact that Henry Co settled down in the second half. They were down 22 at half time, and lost by 23.

The line is in Hazel (stateline that is!!)

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Jan 30 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826351828[/snapback]

Seriously I would guess 18.5 over/ under 110

Well the fans, coaches, nor the players got to celebrate in jubilation the upset of the year in 10AAA basketball tonight, but I felt that HC played overall a good game. Merriweather offensively was a nonfactor until the last 2-3 minutes where he scored a few junk baskets to net him a whopping 9 points. I came away from the game respecting the Caldwell kid a great deal! He is a fine player with many skills and could very well be a 3 time MVP. Kudos to him and also the shooter from C'ville #10 Ryan Harper ,5 3's in the game and finishing with 21 really helped the Wildcats pull away in the 16-2 run in the third quarter after HC had tied the game 21-21 at the half!

The patriot faithful should be proud of our team! If my memory serves me correctly this was our first home loss of the season a feat that we should be extremely proud of. So keep your heads up players and coaches because there are brighter days ahead. You have shown tonight that the Wildcats from the Ville are not unbeatable and as the old addage goes its hard to beat a team 3 times so lets try again in the 10AAA championship!

GO PATS!

QUOTE(PatFan20 @ Jan 30 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826352393[/snapback]

Well the fans, coaches, nor the players got to celebrate in jubilation the upset of the year in 10AAA basketball tonight, but I felt that HC played overall a good game. Merriweather offensively was a nonfactor until the last 2-3 minutes where he scored a few junk baskets to net him a whopping 9 points. I came away from the game respecting the Caldwell kid a great deal! He is a fine player with many skills and could very well be a 3 time MVP. Kudos to him and also the shooter from C'ville #10 Ryan Harper ,5 3's in the game and finishing with 21 really helped the Wildcats pull away in the 16-2 run in the third quarter after HC had tied the game 21-21 at the half!

The patriot faithful should be proud of our team! If my memory serves me correctly this was our first home loss of the season a feat that we should be extremely proud of. So keep your heads up players and coaches because there are brighter days ahead. You have shown tonight that the Wildcats from the Ville are not unbeatable and as the old addage goes its hard to beat a team 3 times so lets try again in the 10AAA championship!

GO PATS!

Didnt the Patriots show that up to this point the Wildcats are unbeatable? I mean really you look at all of the missed layups that Clarksville had mixed with Merriweathers lack of scoring. I mean, I wouldnt say that HC's Defense stopped Merriweather. He got the same shots hes been getting all year but missed them. But the score was tied at halftime only for Clarksville to go off on thier big run to seal the deal...64-47 and Clarksville wasnt even close to hitting on all cylinders tonight which could have had something to do with HC effort and game plan. But give credit where its due. I thought HC played as well as they're gonna play.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:23 PM) 826352645[/snapback]

Didnt the Patriots show that up to this point the Wildcats are unbeatable? I mean really you look at all of the missed layups that Clarksville had mixed with Merriweathers lack of scoring. I mean, I wouldnt say that HC's Defense stopped Merriweather. He got the same shots hes been getting all year but missed them. But the score was tied at halftime only for Clarksville to go off on thier big run to seal the deal...64-47 and Clarksville wasnt even close to hitting on all cylinders tonight which could have had something to do with HC effort and game plan. But give credit where its due. I thought HC played as well as they're gonna play.

I think that I did give C'ville credit if you read the above post again. Henry Coun ty also missed several layups underneath possibly because of Merriweather's length! I admit that in order for Henry County to beat this team it will take an A effort from them and a minimum of an avg effort from C'ville , but those nights are possible and anything can happen come tournament time! I think that HC"s defensive effort was there most of the night and I suspected thery would come out in the 3rd with a little mote motivation. They scored almost at will in the 3rd and put it away quick. So no disrespect to C'ville they are a good team but not unbeatable. The final score to me was not indicative of how close this ball game was really! If my memory serves me right NE played C'ville close (10pts) and did Springfield play pretty close too? Not sure but seems like I read that somewhere. Anyway get a few guys in foul trouble or a few guys have an off night and the upper echlon of 10AAA (HC,Springfield,NE) could beat this team! I admit that C'ville hands down is the best team in the district though and if noone can beat them then as a fan of our district I would hope that they do well in the region and state ! By the way what colleges are looking at Harper,Merriweather, and Caldwell?