Dyer Co. vs Dyersburg

DCfan74

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826352477[/snapback]

Sorry about having two posts..I probably started before you did but wrote more and when I posted ..I saw yours..

Mr. Big it was a game that could have gone either way tonite. I thought Dyer Co. was very slugish tonight. There d-fence wasn't up to par at all. Their free throw shooting was really bad too. It was a game they should have lost. They really got a lucky call on a ref who hadn't called a play for DC the whole game, but got it in the final seconds. Thats the way I saw the game, I call it like I see it. If we don't start hitting our free throws we are going to get bit by it in a close game. I'm proud we won , but it was ugly.

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Jan 30 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826352515[/snapback]

Mr. Big it was a game that could have gone either way tonite. I thought Dyer Co. was very slugish tonight. There d-fence wasn't up to par at all. Their free throw shooting was really bad too. It was a game they should have lost. They really got a lucky call on a ref who hadn't called a play for DC the whole game, but got it in the final seconds. Thats the way I saw the game, I call it like I see it. If we don't start hitting our free throws we are going to get bit by it in a close game. I'm proud we won , but it was ugly.

I'm going to show Dyer Co a little love...lol..You're right..but Dyer Co plays hard..Every team has nights when they don't play as well as they are capable..But that's a rival game and both teams wanted to win..Dyersburg has some excellent athletes..I think they have a good inside game..but struggle at the guard spot..Brown looks good at times..forces too much sometimes..wants to dribble behind his back into a double team...loses his cool....any coach other than his Dad..would probably be on the bench..Dyer Co guards are too quick..And Dyer Co has the talent to go a long way..Justin Blake is the real deal..Missed a few tonight ..but is a money player..Been messing with you guys..I believe the reason Justin transferred was because of the playing time..He may hit 3 shots in a row and Coach Brown would sit him down and have his son get a lot more minutes..and You know..I'll speak my mind..I don't blame Justin for transferring..It's not even close between those two players..Anyone that was at the game tonight saw what was happening..His son would make a bad pass..couldn't hold onto the ball.....maybe I'm the only one that may have noticed..but he could have been called for pushing off with his non dribbling hand just about every trip down the floor..had an intentional foul.. got a tech...but would only sit for a minute and be back in..I'm not too sure he's the best guard on the Trojan team now..But..it doesn't matter..He'll get his starts!

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:05 PM) 826352600[/snapback]

I'm going to show Dyer Co a little love...lol..You're right..but Dyer Co plays hard..Every team has nights when they don't play as well as they are capable..But that's a rival game and both teams wanted to win..Dyersburg has some excellent athletes..I think they have a good inside game..but struggle at the guard spot..Brown looks good at times..forces too much sometimes..wants to dribble behind his back into a double team...loses his cool....any coach other than his Dad..would probably be on the bench..Dyer Co guards are too quick..And Dyer Co has the talent to go a long way..Justin Blake is the real deal..Missed a few tonight ..but is a money player..Been messing with you guys..I believe the reason Justin transferred was because of the playing time..He may hit 3 shots in a row and Coach Brown would sit him down and have his son get a lot more minutes..and You know..I'll speak my mind..I don't blame Justin for transferring..It's not even close between those two players..Anyone that was at the game tonight saw what was happening..His son would make a bad pass..couldn't hold onto the ball...had an intentional foul.. got a tech...but would only sit for a minute and be back in..I'm not too sure he's the best guard on the Trojan team now..But..it doesn't matter..He'll get his starts!

Mr. Big I agree with you 100%. I can't believe Coach Brown let Justin Blake get away. But , you now what they say blood is thicker than water. His boy plays very sloppy. He elbowed the whole game and only got called on it once. He tries to show off, but he can't hang with the big boys at all. He is a very average player. If I was his coach, he would be sitting on the bench ,with his attitude.

QUOTE(DCfan74 @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826352641[/snapback]

Mr. Big I agree with you 100%. I can't believe Coach Brown let Justin Blake get away. But , you now what they say blood is thicker than water. His boy plays very sloppy. He elbowed the whole game and only got called on it once. He tries to show off, but he can't hang with the big boys at all. He is a very average player. If I was his coach, he would be sitting on the bench ,with his attitude.

He looked to push off with his elbow just about every trip down the floor..Can't believe it doesn't get called..He drives to the goal pretty good..but at the end of the drive wants to throw up too much junk..Shoots free throws pretty good... but other than that..I'm with you..average

Dear Coach mr bigster and Coach DCfan74,

Since ya'll know so much about coaching, referreeing, and playing the toughest position on the court, why aren't ya'll coaching, referreing, or playing the toughest position? This game tonight was amazing. Both teams played their hearts out. But, you two mr know it alls come in here and tell everyone how one player cost dyersburg the game just because he's the coach's son. Being the coach's son is the hardest thing because of ppl like ya'll. Every thing he did wrong is blown out of proportion by ppl like ya'll.

And to say Justin transferred because the coach's son played more then him is ridiculous. He barely played much last year, but his role was expanded after the sudden quittings.

The pushing off you 2 refer to is what is called " arm bar " . Read your rule guide to learn more about that one.

QUOTE(Smuff @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826352671[/snapback]

Since ya'll know so much about coaching, referreeing, and playing the toughest position on the court, why aren't ya'll coaching, referreing, or playing the toughest position? This game tonight was amazing. Both teams played their hearts out. But, you two mr know it alls come in here and tell everyone how one player cost dyersburg the game just because he's the coach's son. Being the coach's son is the hardest thing because of ppl like ya'll. Every thing he did wrong is blown out of proportion by ppl like ya'll.

And to say Justin transferred because the coach's son played more then him is ridiculous. He barely played much last year, but his role was expanded after the sudden quittings.

The pushing off you 2 refer to is what is called " arm bar " . Read your rule guide to learn more about that one.

Now we've got a good post started..I love to get a little controversy started..If you saw the game last night..and you didn't see the same things..you don't know basketball..I've seen him play a few times and each time ..average....As far as the hardest position..I guess I'm use to seeing a good ball handler bringing the ball down the floor in Tony Tyler and Sep Valentine from Lake Co..C.J. is in that mold..I don't really have a dog in the hunt..so you could say I'm an outsider..And if I were the coach..he would have been sitting a lot more last night ..I saw a lot quicker boys and better ball handlers coming off the bench...Puts too much rotation on his outside jump shot..I'd let him shoot outside all night..Seems to shoot ok in his range..free throws..but nobody's guarding him there!.And you are right..Justin didn't get much playing time..over the coach's son..That's what we're saying..Why?The talent level isn't even close...Do you think Justin just woke up last week and he was a lot better all of a sudden...I know a lot more than you may think about the Blake situation..Played AAuU ball on one of the best teams in the nation..You call it an arm bar all you want..but he pushed off several times...If you want to know basketball..write me back..I know a whole bunch about it...

I thought last night's game was a good one. In my opinion DC didn't look like the team I have been watching all year. They did play hard, as always, but just couldn't get the shots to fall and made alot of bad passes that resulted in turnovers. I think we still have yet to see them play to their potential.

As for Justin Blake, the fact of the matter is, he & DeJuan Taylor weren't happy at Dyersburg for whatever reason and decided to come to Dyer County. Who cares why, they are both very talented, are having good seasons and we are all glad to have them at DC.

And I agree that Brown was pushing off all night and got away with it.

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jan 31 2007 - 06:59 AM) 826352756[/snapback]

Now we've got a good post started..I love to get a little controversy started..If you saw the game last night..and you didn't see the same things..you don't know basketball..I've seen him play a few times and each time ..average....As far as the hardest position..I guess I'm use to seeing a good ball handler bringing the ball down the floor in Tony Tyler and Sep Valentine from Lake Co..C.J. is in that mold..I don't really have a dog in the hunt..so you could say I'm an outsider..And if I were the coach..he would have been sitting a lot more last night ..I saw a lot quicker boys and better ball handlers coming off the bench...Puts too much rotation on his outside jump shot..I'd let him shoot outside all night..Seems to shoot ok in his range..free throws..but nobody's guarding him there!.And you are right..Justin didn't get much playing time..over the coach's son..That's what we're saying..Why?The talent level isn't even close...Do you think Justin just woke up last week and he was a lot better all of a sudden...I know a lot more than you may think about the Blake situation..Played AAuU ball on one of the best teams in the nation..You call it an arm bar all you want..but he pushed off several times...If you want to know basketball..write me back..I know a whole bunch about it...

I also didn't say he lost the game..Just that he kept Dyersburg from winning..Don't even count the turnovers..Those things happen..But..pushing off on the inbound when the official was looking right at him..after just warning him..and then the tech..And even after the tech..went to the ref and seemed to be questioning the call..any other player did that for any other coach ,would be on the bench..He has the luxury that a lot of other players on the team don't have..knowing he's going to play most of the game..So..I don't want to hear about how hard it is because he's the coach's son..At least he knows he can act up and play..Not too many other players on the team can do that

DC did'nt play well last night, in part because after the first quarter Dyersburg a started playing zone. DC also went into what looked like a 1-2-2 match up, then the whole face of the game changed. At that point it was obvious that both teams new their opponent would be able to break the press. Then it becomes a matter of who can ececute on the half court. Dyersburg played well, minus the point guard. Everyone in that gym knows that he has better players on his bench. Same situation last year Coach Brown's oldest son played more minutes and took a ton of shots over people that should have played more. But there is no sense in arguing about it unless your Coach Brown. DC has their nights and I think has a good possibility of winning the district and the district tournament. The district tournament should be a fun one.

QUOTE(Smuff @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826352671[/snapback]

LET'S DEAL WITH NOT EMOTION, BUT FACTS. FIRST BLAKE AVERAGES BETWEEN 20 AND 30 POINTS A GAME, NOT ONLY AGANST DYERSBURG,BUT AGAINST EVERY TEAM DYER CO. HAS PLAYED.WHILE THE REST OF THE TEAM IS ALLOWED TO FLOAT FREELY HE IS GUARDED FROM END LINE TO END LINE, OFTEN DOUBLED TEAMED.NOW A PLAYER THAT DEMANDS THAT KIND OF ATTENTION SHOULD NOT BE ON ANYONES BENCH REGUARDLESS OF THE SITUATION. THIS DOESN'T TAKE ROCKET SCEINCE TO FIGURE OUT. AS FAR AS AN ARM BAR ON THE PART OF M BROWN... IT IS ALLOWED WHILE DRIBBLE PENETRATION TO SHEILD A DEFENDER, BUT NOT DURING A SHOOTING MOTION.... THAT IS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL.EVEN WHILE DRIBBLING THE BALL HANDLER CAN NOT MOVE HIS ARM TOWARD THE DEFENDER... THAT SLIGHT MOVEMENT IS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL.

DYERSBURG HAS SOME REAL TALENT AND CAN KNOCK OFF SOME GOOD TEAMS IF USED PROPERLY. IT IS A SHAME THAT VICTOR MCLIN IS ONLY SCORING 10 TO 15 POINTS A GAME. HE IS HARD TO STOP IN THE LOW POST AND MAKES VERY LITTLE ERRORS. IN MY OPINION HE CAN BE A REAL GO TO GUY... BUT LIKE I SAID IF NOT USED PROPERLY DYERSBURG WILL NOT GO FAR... WITH ALL THAT TALENT. YOUV'ED HEARD FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS PLAYED WITH AND AGAINST SOME OF THE BEST PLAYERS TO EVER LACED EM UP!