Grace wins against Ooltewah

HARDCORE4life

QUOTE(HARDCORE4life @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:49 AM) 826352666[/snapback]

good job on the game tonight grace.. 62-53....not bad i heard carter wasnt playing all that well but turned it around and played really well in the 2nd half.............o well good job guys now lets turn it on before tourny time!

Good win for Grace, they needed this one badly. I heard Carter didnt play that well but scored 13pts in the 4th quarter.

QUOTE(global98 @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826353166[/snapback]

Who played well? Did they play zone? I would think that a zone would bother the Owls.

I doubt grace played much zone. They played zone against Temple for the first 5 mins of the game and gave up 250 points in 5 minutes. Unless they made some major changes in practice to that zone i doubt they played it. Plus Dance can shoot the ball well for the owls.

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Jan 31 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826353176[/snapback]

I doubt grace played much zone. They played zone against Temple for the first 5 mins of the game and gave up 250 points in 5 minutes. Unless they made some major changes in practice to that zone i doubt they played it. Plus Dance can shoot the ball well for the owls.

Grace played man the entire night and rotated defenders quickly on the perimeter. Grace was obviously deeper at the guard position and OHS guards were dragging by the 4th. Carter was held scoreless in the 1st half and had 16 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks in the 2nd half. He finished w/ 16 points, 18 rebounds and 5 blocks. More importantly, Grace finally fought back against a physical team, something that has not happened until last night.

All I've got to say is Temple and the rest of the teams in our district and region better be prepared for us because we've finally got things going our way. Nobody is going to be able to stop us now. Carter is now showing why he is the best player in 1A. Nobody can defend him in the post. Our win over Ooltewah is just a sign of things to come and what this team is capable of doing as a team.

IF they LEARNED something from this win thrn they may do well for the remainder. They still turned over the ball over 30 times. If the owls made more points off of turnovers or hit even 50 percent of their freethrows we might have had a different outcome. The biggest reasons for their win is Carter coming out for the second half ( what a great pleasure it would to see him play all 4 quarters like the 1st csas game) and the defensive pressure and press which cracked the owls in the 4th. The passes from Patrick and Brandon to Cmac in the paint also were great. Good win but will HAVE to build on this and play even better agaaisnt Temple or E ridge to get the win

QUOTE(wuzupdoc @ Jan 31 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826353471[/snapback]

All I've got to say is Temple and the rest of the teams in our district and region better be prepared for us because we've finally got things going our way. Nobody is going to be able to stop us now. Carter is now showing why he is the best player in 1A. Nobody can defend him in the post. Our win over Ooltewah is just a sign of things to come and what this team is capable of doing as a team.

QUOTE(wuzupdoc @ Jan 31 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826353471[/snapback]

Nobody can defend Carter in the post? I believe Phillip Jurick and Josh Smith might debate you on that. Carter has never scored more than 5 points against 6'2" Josh. Carter's a good player but he'll have to become great in February for the Eagles to finish well.

QUOTE(dadoffour @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:19 PM) 826353690[/snapback]

Nobody can defend Carter in the post? I believe Phillip Jurick and Josh Smith might debate you on that. Carter has never scored more than 5 points against 6'2" Josh. Carter's a good player but he'll have to become great in February for the Eagles to finish well.

and let me complete that thought by saying he didn't score at all against temple last time.

QUOTE(dadoffour @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:19 PM) 826353690[/snapback]

We dont know who can really guard Carter in the post cause he doesnt spend much time down there. He does have some nice moves in the post, he has a nice half hook which is impossible to guard. But Carter likes to float plus whenever he does post the grace guards have no clue how to feed the post so the entry pass often results in a turnover.