Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the jamboree last night and I would like to thank Coach Summey and the new staff for giving us something worthy of driving to Loudon and watching. It was not a great performance by no means, but it was a competitive performance. It showed that we still have a lot of work to do, but it also showed that there has been a lot of progress made. With a lot of young players on this and very few seniors the future is bright.

I went to the jamboree last night and I would like to thank Coach Summey and the new staff for giving us something worthy of driving to Loudon and watching. It was not a great performance by no means, but it was a competitive performance. It showed that we still have a lot of work to do, but it also showed that there has been a lot of progress made. With a lot of young players on this and very few seniors the future is bright.

I agree with you slobber knocker. The team as a whole shows much improvement. When they come together on any given play, they prove that the talent and ability are there. Too often though, it seems that only half the team is giving their all. I think all they need now is a little confidence and a lot of determination. Unfortunately, you can't just tell them to be confident and determined. Their confidence will have to grow and they'll have to make individual decisions on determination. The coaches should be thanked for all their efforts and encouraged to keep up the good work. The players need to be complimented on their good efforts and not just beat down by negative comments when a mistake is made. As an individual, I'll work harder for a compliment than I will to avoid a negative comment. The coaches are doing a great job of instructing and correcting. As parents and fans, we need to help the coaches by encouraging the boys to push themselves to do their best and bragging on them when they do a good job. Compliments are the fertilizer that grows confidence.

GO CHIEFS!!!

I agree with you slobber knocker. The team as a whole shows much improvement. When they come together on any given play, they prove that the talent and ability are there. Too often though, it seems that only half the team is giving their all. I think all they need now is a little confidence and a lot of determination. Unfortunately, you can't just tell them to be confident and determined. Their confidence will have to grow and they'll have to make individual decisions on determination. The coaches should be thanked for all their efforts and encouraged to keep up the good work. The players need to be complimented on their good efforts and not just beat down by negative comments when a mistake is made. As an individual, I'll work harder for a compliment than I will to avoid a negative comment. The coaches are doing a great job of instructing and correcting. As parents and fans, we need to help the coaches by encouraging the boys to push themselves to do their best and bragging on them when they do a good job. Compliments are the fertilizer that grows confidence.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Confidence is something that is gained through hardwork and when their effort is rewarded in a positive way. Hopefully they gained some confidence last night. I agree that they are way too many let downs and that will get them beat, especially Friday night. I think the let downs are leftover bad habits that hopefully can be broken. I think that they are doing a good job of getting the players out on the feild that will play the hardest and I beleive that when they notice a player letting up they will pull him and put somebody else in there.

I'm gonna post this over on the kickball side, but thanks for asking about the scrimmages

8/11 at SQHS

Sqhs-0, Jeff Co-1

Boyd-2, SQHS-2

8/18 at Chattanooga

Red Bank-1, SQHS-0

McMinn CO-0, SQHS-1

Soddy-1, SQHS-0

Sweetwater-0, SQHS-2

2-3-1 for the pre season. We still count ties.

The 2 that matter up there are Boyd and Sweetwater. There are 16 on the squad and they are not very fit but getting there.

It starts for real thursday @ Rhea Co.

I'm gonna post this over on the kickball side, but thanks for asking about the scrimmages

8/11 at SQHS

Sqhs-0, Jeff Co-1

Boyd-2, SQHS-2

8/18 at Chattanooga

Red Bank-1, SQHS-0

McMinn CO-0, SQHS-1

Soddy-1, SQHS-0

Sweetwater-0, SQHS-2

2-3-1 for the pre season. We still count ties.

The 2 that matter up there are Boyd and Sweetwater. There are 16 on the squad and they are not very fit but getting there.

It starts for real thursday @ Rhea Co.

Good luck! I hope you win them all! On the negative side,I saw on another thread where Sweetwater will beat us by 35 if they call the dogs off early, should we even bother to play the game? If memory serves me correctly,the game is decided in the field of play,not by the so-called experts. If that were the case,UT would never win a big game. We'll strap it on and see what happens.

Good thing will come to those who work the harder

The clock she is ticking.

And time will tell.

Change does not come quickly but you can see it little by little every day and the next thing you know it's happened.

Head up,eyes wide, mind on the game

Friday will come.

Young CHIEFS your day will come only though hard work.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading on the Furman website and seen were former SQHS football player a current senior at Furman Jerome Felton. Is rated the No. 1 Fullback in college football (All Divisions) by the NFL draft Report. He was also named a 1st team pre-season All American. Way to go Jerome we are all proud of you.