Clinton Football '07

coonhunter291

QUOTE(coonhunter291 @ May 3 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826450909[/snapback]Hello, it's me again! There are a few players that quit, but the ones that did are new players that tried it out, didnt even start spring practice, and then they decided they didnt want to play, the team is on a upswing, Westin is looking Great, he is stronger, Taller, and just much tougher than he was this time last year. I know we are losing some descent players from last year, but it WILL Be improving!

Does anyone know when the first scrimmage is, and where?

I am glad to hear that Weston is growing but remember 1 player doesnot make the team.....I think the first scrimmage is the 11th. I am not sure where. You can get on the Dragon website to get all the information its clintondragonsfootball.com is a really good site. Joey Allen recently had surgery on his arm I think and am hoping and wishing him a quick recovery. I agree with the improving...I think we should be seeing some positive changes and hopefully a new Dragon Pride.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a pretty cool website, i guess that is a start to trying to get the fans involved. If you ask me, the players need to be more committed, I was talking to one today, and he said he wasnt going to practice, he was gonna tell coach that he had something to do, just cause he wanted too. That is not a good way to get better!!!!!!

QUOTE(coonhunter291 @ May 4 2007 - 12:12 PM) 826451731[/snapback]That is a pretty cool website, i guess that is a start to trying to get the fans involved. If you ask me, the players need to be more committed, I was talking to one today, and he said he wasnt going to practice, he was gonna tell coach that he had something to do, just cause he wanted too. That is not a good way to get better!!!!!!

I disagree. I fully believe that the kids playing are committed. I know they say things but alot of that is just talk. For the guys that have shown up and played for the last few years to keep coming back out shows dedication. It's easy to keep returning on a team like Maryville etc...when your winning it's easy to be a return player. These kids (young men) that have gone back year after year with the rebuilding and being a part of the growth now that is true dedication. I respect and admire each and every young man that takes on the task to help rebuild and improve this Dragon program.

QUOTE(fozzy @ May 7 2007 - 12:31 PM) 826453578[/snapback]Clinton will be better this year. Watch out Powell, South Doyle & Lenoir City. I think we will give Halls all they can handle at our place. Should be a fun year.

I am with you...I would love to see the guys get a few "W's" for their efforts this year and I hope the fans stick with the Dragons. Have you seen any practices? What is the overall look of the team? And are there alot of returning players?

Sorry about that, I guess the players are working hard! The football team is having a in school orange/black football game, so all the students can see it, that is a good way to get some more student support, I believe that we should have a pretty good, small team next year!

QUOTE(coonhunter291 @ May 8 2007 - 11:51 AM) 826454470[/snapback]Sorry about that, I guess the players are working hard! The football team is having a in school orange/black football game, so all the students can see it, that is a good way to get some more student support, I believe that we should have a pretty good, small team next year!

Small in numbers or in size? I think it could be both.

QUOTE(coonhunter291 @ May 9 2007 - 08:00 AM) 826455270[/snapback]Well, They are looking much better physically, so mainly a small number of players! Still undersized compared to other teams across 4a!

If you get to see the orange/white game today maybe you can give us the low down...I hope they give you something to talk about...

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(Dragoons @ May 30 2007 - 06:47 AM) 826468971[/snapback]Rebelron,

I've always read your comments and give you props because you seem to be genuine and football knowledgable. What I will caution you and everyone else that posts information on Coach-T, the players (which are still kids) do read what we put out here. That being said, when you make a comment like #12 is better based on a quick snippet from a spring practice scrimmage, you might be planting a negative seed in our program. #7 was the starter last year and is a senior. He just join the team prior to that scrimmage because of baseball and had some elbow soreness. When we say things and don't know all of the facts, we can tear a fragile team apart. I'm all for healthy competetion and no one should be given a free pass but at least give it to the regular season before we start declaring who is the better quarterback.

Dragoons,

It is Rebelron's opinion, so don't get all worked up. I agree that #12 looks really good, but #7 is not bad either. From what I understand #12 should have played varsity some last year. I'm sure the coaches will figure out the QB situation based on leadership, commitment and work ethic in addition to skill. Both QB's are really good and that can only strengthen a team. One is a Junior and one is a Senior, so that's a great situation. This team is growing and working together and showing lots of improvement from last year and I think they are a much closer group. I think the Dragons will have a great season! Go Dragons!

QUOTE(ClintonDragonFan @ May 30 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826469077[/snapback]Dragoons,

It is Rebelron's opinion, so don't get all worked up. I agree that #12 looks really good, but #7 is not bad either. From what I understand #12 should have played varsity some last year. I'm sure the coaches will figure out the QB situation based on leadership, commitment and work ethic in addition to skill. Both QB's are really good and that can only strengthen a team. One is a Junior and one is a Senior, so that's a great situation. This team is growing and working together and showing lots of improvement from last year and I think they are a much closer group. I think the Dragons will have a great season! Go Dragons!

Am I missing something, or has the original post been deleted? It goes from Dragonron to Dragoons. I really didn't have anything to say, I just wanted to refer to Rebelron as Dragonron...

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I’m going to Wayne Co next couple days. Should get to see several teams. USJ, South Gibson, Wayne Co usually there
    • Who will be some weapons Lexington will have on both sides of the ball?
    • How will McKenzie be under new coach this season?  Who are a few weapons they will have on offense and defense?  
    • It's time to play everybody's favorite game of how is this season going to go. I'll undertake the fool's errand of a prediction. Encourage the region 2 fans to do the same. Cloudland: Top until they get beat always seem to perform year in year out with a small changing roster. Cosby, North Greene: These two could finish in either order they didn't have big senior classes. Lots of young guys got experience last season and most of their best athletes are upperclassmen it'll depend on coaching and if the kids can put it all together.  Jellico, Unaka: Like the two above could finish in either spot both of them lost key pieces to graduation. It'll depend on how returners play and if young guys can fill shoes.  Hancock: Small roster size devastated by a big senior class that took a lot of the experience and athleticism with them.  
    • Confident that Marion, Moore, and Gordonsville are losses.  7-3 would be a nice turnaround.  5-5, 4-6, 3-7, etc. and it's a disappointment