CENTENNIAL VS. FRANKLIN

CHS 2007

dont worry i will be on the board after the game annticipating your excuses

This just in.....

I have a buddy who just spoke with Coach Kelly and he said that Coach woke up sweating from a bad nightmare where super soph Young ran the show and led the Rebels to a "W". Sounds almost prophetic!!!

By the way...

zoosee12

I have a feeling you and CHS won't be around after the game.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826364329[/snapback]

hmmm well the first game Centennial beat Brentwood by 1 point in overtime and you should have lost that game. Brentwood will probably beat you next time you play. Your just as bad if not worse than they are.

Let me repeat SMACKDOWN in FRANKTOWN II

Make sure you get on this board after the game.

We'll be here win or lose. And clarification, we beat Brentwood by 2 the first time, 86-84. The Tennessean lists the score wrong. And that was back in December. The last time we played we beat them by 32. So I really don't see Brentwood beating us again. And you are an idiot if you think were worse than Brentwood.

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Feb 8 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826363684[/snapback]

What does play harder than they have all year mean? Are you saying Centennial has not played hard in other games. For Centennial to win they will have to play much better than they have played all year! Having Siske hurt is a big factor for us but we will step just like we always do.

SMACKDOWN in FRANKTOWN number 2 Brentwood got the first one you guys get to experience the second SMACKDOWN

Im not sayin Centennial has not played hard in other games, nor do I know how you got that from anything that i said. Both teams are having great seasons. But the real test for both teams will be this Friday. I hope I cleared up all the confusion

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826364939[/snapback]

We'll be here win or lose. And clarification, we beat Brentwood by 2 the first time, 86-84. The Tennessean lists the score wrong. And that was back in December. The last time we played we beat them by 32. So I really don't see Brentwood beating us again. And you are an idiot if you think were worse than Brentwood.

Not Only do I think you worse than BrentWOOD but I think you worse than RavenWOOD

You going to get killed tonight you a second tier team wishes they could play with the big boys.... Guess what you can't!!

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826365096[/snapback]

Not Only do I think you worse than BrentWOOD but I think you worse than RavenWOOD

You going to get killed tonight you a second tier team wishes they could play with the big boys.... Guess what you can't!!

Cute. Maybe you should let the score tonight do the talking.

QUOTE(HSbballfan21 @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826365096[/snapback]

By the way, I think that 20-7 record disagrees with you there. Actually that's only 2 less than Franklin. So why would it be a blowout anyway?

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

Franklin has the better coach, team, fans, environment, and got the "W"! It was fun to battle with ya'll all week, but really like Coach Harrick said, a "down year for Franklin is better than a good year at any other school in the district!" You guys should be proud though because that is what high school basketball is all about. Congratulations to Coach Kelly and the squad for a competitive game.

FRANKLIN 64, CENTENNIAL 58

Now I'm not a believer in moral victories. But if I was, this would have definitely given Centennial a W.

This game was back and forth through the majority of the first half. Franklin went on a short run, followed by a short run for the Cougars. At the end of the first half, Centennial had a strong run and led by 8 at the half. At the end of the first, we all witnessed probably the most amazing shot weve seen in recent memories. As time wound down, Allante picked the ball off the ground just outside the 3 pt line and while falling forward, heaved it in the basket.

The third quarter was all Franklin. Shots started falling in automatically and guys wound up wide open in the post. The Cougars started coming back, but Franklin easily had the momentum going into the fourth. Still, the Cougar fans remained faithful and put up the four fingers. We knew how stupid this was, as everyone knows the fourth is not our quarter.

We stood corrected...

Centennial immediately answered the call, putting together a big run and slowly but surely, started to trim that big Franklin lead. Franklin went ice cold. Nothing was falling and guys were making bad mistakes. With about 2:30 left, Drew Kelly was fouled and he hit one of two to tie the game. Franklin then got possession and just kept the ball away from Centennial. Unable to find any holes in the defense, the Franklin player (can't remember if it was Young or Kegarise) just stopped at halfcourt and watched time scroll down to :45 left. Franklin tried to cycle the ball but Henry's pass sailed right over the head of Batt in the post and Centennial got the ball with about :35 left. Centennial took their time and gave the ball to McLemore at the top of the 3PT line. He then waited until 10 seconds left and tried to drive in, but was whistled for the carry. After 3 or 4 timeouts, Franklin finally got the ball with 7 seconds left. The player carried it down the court and shot the ball, missing badly. But Batt was right there for the putback. However, in an uncharacteristic move, he threw it over the basket and we went to overtime.

Let me repeat that, WE WENT TO OVERTIME AGAINST THE UNDEFEATED FRANKLIN REBELS

In overtime Centennial started off, but missed the early opportunity and Batt put it in for two at the other end. Centennial rebounded with a good basket on a good Mark McFarland shot. Franklin answered at the other end with a bigtime 3 and Centennial missed a 3-pointer at the other end. And Franklin put in a quick basket from Michael Young. After another Young steal, Franklin came up with the steal and Batt was absolutely nailed at the other end by McLemore. He sunk them both and Centennial found themselves in a huge hole. McLemore answered with a good up and under move. Now, the next play was a little shaky on the refs part. After a quick foul, the ball was inbounded to Glover, who was obviously fouled at least six times and still dribbled out of it. Lamont had to grab him from behind (nearly tearing his pants off) to draw the foul, which led to the intentional call. Glover hit 1 of 2 and got the ball back. After another foul, Franklin had put the game out of reach.

The player of the game for Franklin was Ryan Glover. He wasn't really a factor in the last game (the Tennessean incorrectly gave him 19 when he really had 8), but he came up big here. Coming up big from beyond the arc (finished with 4 3PT) and also making some good plays in the post. Also a good job to Michael Young, who had three bigtime steals in OT.

The player of the game for Centennial was Drew Kelly. He picked up his play late and led the Centennial comeback. He finished with 21. Lamont wasn't a big factor, but he did have a very solid 14, and Mark McFarland continued his hot streak with 14 as well.

Now for the Franklin fans on this board...

Even though we didn't win, It was still a great game. I had alot of fun there in the stands. But I have to wonder what your reaction to the game was. Even though you won the game, it sounds like you should be disappointed. There was no smackdown and you blew a late lead to a team that was worse than Brentwood and Ravenwood. So I have to wonder if you guys are staying with that "second-tier team" comment. And to all doubters of the Centennial program, I say if this game doesn't solidify our stance as one of the top teams in the district, then I don't know of a game that does.

Centennial fans, I ask you not to make any excuses about the game. We should be very proud with this effort tonight. Whatever you post, remember to keep the class. We close out the regular season Monday with our senior night versus Overton, so come out and support the team.

Overall, great game to both teams. Congratulations to Franklin. We'll be back.

C-C-CHS!!

FRANKLIN 64

Ryan Glover: 19 pts

Derek Batt: 18 pts

Gabe Glass: 12 pts

Michael Young: 9 pts

Reed Glover: 2 pts

Brett Henry: 2 pts

Kevin Kegarise: 2 pts

CENTENNIAL 58

Drew Kelly: 21 pts

Lamont Harris: 14 pts