BamaGrappler

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BamaGrappler @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:07 PM) 826361322[/snapback]

television-

tnko-

Sorry. Didn't mean to overlook you. *See previous thread. We used to have 16-man brackets. They've been running (for 15 years) 3 classifications, 2 sectional qualifiers for each classification, top 4 from each section go to state, 8-man brackets at state. We are struggling for participation in the sport. Only maybe 30 teams in Class 6A (largest schools). Class 5A might have 20 teams but less than 15 would have full rosters. Class 1A-4A (small schools combined) has maybe 20 teams. This year, the AHSAA decided to move 6A to a 16-man bracket for state and divided them into 4 sections (top 4 from each section qualify). Now, they're thinking about moving to a 3-day event, but in my opinion, the only basis for that idea/decision would be green. We simply don't have enough programs (yet).

Thanks for the answers... there is some really good talent down there so good luck with the numbers in years to come.

QUOTE(shutout @ Feb 7 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826362335[/snapback]

How do you know what his punishment will be or has been. Do you know David or his family? I do and I am sure they( like anyone would) anguished over THEIR decisions on how to punish him. As far as the legal side is concerned I don't know what has or will be the outcome, what the others involved did was up to their parents. The greatest man alive said " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." JMHO.

The school (Bradley) shouldn't even be involved with Mang's punishment (unless it happened on school property) anyway. It would be none of their buisiness. If Mang learns anything from this maybe he will be a better young adult one day.

If not, 18's around the corner and he won't have to worry about hopping from school to school to wrestle. It will be from jail to prison!! Good luck to him, everyone deserves a second chance to get their life straight, especially while they're still minors.

I wouldn't be proud of my son for those mistakes but I would give him a chance to make it right. It just takes time. Wrestling just may be the first step.

QUOTE(texas23 @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826362334[/snapback]

LOL....so much anger......

his punishment should not be from the high school or the coach. It should be from the local law agency. Maybe he and his parents do not think that the team should decide if he wrestles or not and decided he was going to wrestle, even if not at Bradley. They do not have to agree with Bradley on that. That is Bradley's decision to ask him or tell him no thanks for being on the team. If the choose to allow him back,,,,,well that is the team choice as well.

what remorse are you looking for and why should you be aware of it in the first place?

I love these kind of posts....

i love these post too--i know no one will believe me--but i have no anger toward david his family or any of the other boys--there are several post on here wishing him well for winning in alabama--and that is great--i hate the reason he had to go--i hate the fact that little kids in the kids club looked up to him and he made a mistake---and yes we all make mistakes--but our parents do not let us transfer schools just to wrestle---the next post ask if i know him and his family--YES I DO--my son wrestled with david--if you will look at all my post--i have always said he was a great wrestler--in fact when the story first broke--before the names came out--i would have swore there would have been no way him or some of the other boys that i knew personaly would have been a part of this--and no i do not know what davids punishment at home has been--as for the law--i think it will be decided later this month--and i hope he has learned his lesson--i just hope this never happens again not only at bradley but any of the schools

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Feb 7 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826362310[/snapback]

well lets see what did david learn--how to break into cars--how to steal from wal-mart--how to sell stolen items on e-bay--and oh yes--credit card fraud--and when he is asked not to wrestle this year--to sit out--he learns not to be responsable for his actions--does he say he is sorry for embarressing bradley--no--what about sorry for involving other young men--no--he learned that the adults in his life think wrestling is more important then anything else--transfer JUST TO WRESTLE--as soon as the season is over --transfer back--does no one else think this is wrong--there have been comments that if you take wrestling fom him he could have got in more trouble--that wrestling helps young guys stay out of trouble--and i agree---but the thing is--this started in middle school--has been going on for at least 3 years--i know i will be brought to task once again--and i truly am not saying the kid should be punished for life--but i would like to see just a tad of remorse--not oops i got caught need to wrestle at another school for a few months and then be welcomed back with open arms--i still have the question --what happened to the other boys--did any change schools and states--JUST TO WRESTLE!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they could shut down Keith St. and publicly cane him or something .

Man, what do you want? I'm sure he's suffered a bunch, legally and otherwise. I'll bet you one thing. I'll bet you Coach Logsden wouldn't even let him sit outside their wrestling room much less enter it without COPIOUS amonts of verbalized, believable remorse to the coach and also the team. I'm sure he digs his "Alabama Gold", but if you want suffering, ask him how he's doing sitting in the stands at the Roundhouse on feb 16th wearing his Levis.

Congrats David. Best of luck to you.

Mr Adamson

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:24 PM) 826362420[/snapback]

i love these post too--i know no one will believe me--but i have no anger toward david his family or any of the other boys--there are several post on here wishing him well for winning in alabama--and that is great--i hate the reason he had to go--i hate the fact that little kids in the kids club looked up to him and he made a mistake---and yes we all make mistakes--but our parents do not let us transfer schools just to wrestle---the next post ask if i know him and his family--YES I DO--my son wrestled with david--if you will look at all my post--i have always said he was a great wrestler--in fact when the story first broke--before the names came out--i would have swore there would have been no way him or some of the other boys that i knew personaly would have been a part of this--and no i do not know what davids punishment at home has been--as for the law--i think it will be decided later this month--and i hope he has learned his lesson--i just hope this never happens again not only at bradley but any of the schools

gosh,,,,now I am confused by you recent post.

In your first one, you knew of issues with this wrestler in middle school and going on for three years......but now, you are surprised that it was this wrestler and others on the team. Which is it?

You seem to have an agenda for some reason yet to be disclosed, imo.

QUOTE(texas23 @ Feb 7 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826362446[/snapback]

gosh,,,,now I am confused by you recent post.

In your first one, you knew of issues with this wrestler in middle school and going on for three years......but now, you are surprised that it was this wrestler and others on the team. Which is it?

You seem to have an agenda for some reason yet to be disclosed, imo.

sorry to confuse you texas--it has come to light now that they have been caught that it was going on for 3 years--no agenda except--lets remember david is a great wrestler--he made a horrible mistake--he led others to make the same mistake--it seems that we forget the last two because of the first one--texas you are as close to this as i am--can you say what happened to the other boys--but i will say this--and i know i am in for it--surely there are others that feel the same as me--that maybe david going to alabama just to wrestle was wrong--if not--then i have spoke my last--i do wish david well--can hardly wait to watch him next year with bradley

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826362310[/snapback]

well lets see what did david learn--how to break into cars--how to steal from wal-mart--how to sell stolen items on e-bay--and oh yes--credit card fraud--and when he is asked not to wrestle this year--to sit out--he learns not to be responsable for his actions--does he say he is sorry for embarressing bradley--no--what about sorry for involving other young men--no--he learned that the adults in his life think wrestling is more important then anything else--transfer JUST TO WRESTLE--as soon as the season is over --transfer back--does no one else think this is wrong--there have been comments that if you take wrestling fom him he could have got in more trouble--that wrestling helps young guys stay out of trouble--and i agree---but the thing is--this started in middle school--has been going on for at least 3 years--i know i will be brought to task once again--and i truly am not saying the kid should be punished for life--but i would like to see just a tad of remorse--not oops i got caught need to wrestle at another school for a few months and then be welcomed back with open arms--i still have the question --what happened to the other boys--did any change schools and states--JUST TO WRESTLE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a firm believer we must learn from our mistakes and pick our battles win or loose. It appears David picked his battle and lost, causing embarassment to his family, friends and mentors. David paid the penalty of not being able to continue sports in his area school and finish off the season as a champion.

Yes, David was only to transfer to a school to finish off his wrestling year in an area away from his family and mentors. But he was able to face his demons on the mat and school where he could recollect his composure and reflect on what went wrong. As far as knowing about it for three years, no one knows it's up to the judge and jury to determine this; not us adults.

David did what was expected of him; NOT TO WRESTLE in Bradley County (his home) and he did.

Also moving to another school to let things cool down and not distract him from his obligation as a student to continue his education and resume his high academic challenges. David didn't ask for a welcome home ceremony neither did his parents. It was his FRIENDS...people that want David to continue to grow and learn from his mistakes and become a man of honorable stature.

This is not to say David will never make a mistake ever again, we can never say that not a one of us. We must take what punishment that was given to us and make the best of it.

I'm certain if all the students involved were asked to give a public apology they would much obliged, but no one asked them to. I know for certain David has apologized to his parents more than once....and it was accepted.

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826362310[/snapback]

Being neither God nor an attorney, I don't fell qualified to judge the minor. And being Catholic like BCB and Harry Thornton, i don't have the good book memorized verbatim. However, i remember the words "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". You sir, are the honorable sinless individual who has done so.

David is a very hard working wrestler. I've watched him wrestling, during kids club practices, after all his teammates except himself and Randolph went home.

He would drill like a robot, stop to help a child, and then go back to work.

It was obvious that with that work ethic that he would be a state champion.

Every one screws up sometime, but most minors who commit nonviolent crimes have the priviledge of maintaining their anonymity. Because David Mang is good at

wrestling, everybody knows about his mistakes. I am not a "Bradley" guy, I am a wrestling guy. But I told my wife, a Bradley Alum, that I almost hated to see this post because some idiot is going to get on here and rehash a bunch of old news.

Ding, Ding, Ding....you win the bunny!

One fact that some people may not know is that one of the other young men who was involved in this activity has since moved on to much more serious crimes, auto theft etc. I think that the fact that he gave up wrestling after junior high,(I was told he was better than David) says alot for the sport. Yes this is my first post and I don't have any hidden agendas, just a great respect for the sport of wrestling, and how it helps mold young men.