Soddy Daisy

ddb-76

QUOTE(Philippians 4_13 @ Feb 4 2007 - 07:30 PM) 826358494[/snapback]

Congrats to Soddy Daisy, Coach Henry and his staff. Soddy Daisy is a very strong team and a force to reckon with.

I think we can all agree that this is what we expected with 10 to 12 years of hard work; and now, unrelented preparation getting this group of boys ready!! Steve H. schooled D-1 and D-2 in this one and all season by overcoming challenges and should do the same this Wed. Thurs., and Friday. Kudos!! SD over the field by over 30 points in Traditionals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 4 2007 - 06:17 PM) 826358416[/snapback]

And SUPER Dave ''Soms''ers!!!

huh? I do appreciate who these two guys are without a doubt. I must say they both do not get enough credit at times and Steve Henry sure deserves what is happening right now!!

QUOTE(ddb-76 @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826358098[/snapback]

I made the short trip from Nashville to Clarksville to watch the state duals. I have never seen a team be so dominate, as Soddy Daisy was during this tournament. There were no teams even close to beating them. If they had wrestled Toney at the Bradley match. They would have beaten Bradley 41-19. I hate to see a school dominate like that. i was hoping for an exciting match. Has there ever been a team that dominated the duals like this? They had the Bradley kids puking it seemed like every match. Im just a fan of wrestling, and from what i saw this weekend, Soddy Daisy looked like a college team.

congrats to soddy..but 1 match difference does not mean dominate.

1 match difference??? What match were you watching. Soddy Daisy wrestled their JV 145 cause they already had the match one. do you not think that Toney would have beat Disney at least by tech fall?? that match was total domination. there were 2 close matches. bradley won the the 171 by 1 point, and soddy won the 130 by 1 point. other than that, the matches were not close. give credit where credit is due!! if Toney had wrestled the match, soddy daisy would have won the match at least 40-19.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(ddb-76 @ Feb 4 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826358098[/snapback]

I made the short trip from Nashville to Clarksville to watch the state duals. I have never seen a team be so dominate, as Soddy Daisy was during this tournament. There were no teams even close to beating them. If they had wrestled Toney at the Bradley match. They would have beaten Bradley 41-19. I hate to see a school dominate like that. i was hoping for an exciting match. Has there ever been a team that dominated the duals like this? They had the Bradley kids puking it seemed like every match. Im just a fan of wrestling, and from what i saw this weekend, Soddy Daisy looked like a college team.

Soddy deserves to be called state champs but try not to say that they were the reason the Bradley kids were puking, They certainly didn't puke today did they.

QUOTE(shutout @ Feb 16 2007 - 07:41 PM) 826375044[/snapback]

Soddy deserves to be called state champs but try not to say that they were the reason the Bradley kids were puking, They certainly didn't puke today did they.

Tanner Johnson puked last night in semi's, and again today in the championship. He is a Tennessee state champ though.

I didn't see him puke today but I did see him Get a injury timeout when he was hit in the (shall we say lower regions) on accident, and he spit some water out. Either way your right he is the state champ. That said Soddy was dominate this year. Love to watch them wrestle. Congrats to Bradley also 4 out of 6 I think they'll take that. Favorite thing I saw was lettners win- Least favorite -No individual titles for Notre Dame.

QUOTE(suddensam @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826375340[/snapback]

Soddy Daisy is the King of DI wrestling this year by winning both the duals and the traditional tournaments. I don't remember but this is the first time in several years that Bradley hasn't won at least one of the two championships. Congratulations to the Bears as well a another fine season.

Very, very true,,, And let's not get all mad now Soddy because I know you guys worked so hard for this... but let's not overlook the fact of how hard the Bears worked on getting about four or five of their less experienced kids ready to fill some big shoes and score some points to keep it close (much closer than I thought it would be) ...after the big set back last year, I am very impressed!!

Would you believe that Soddy may have lost both the duals and individuals this year,,, if the Bears would have had their full line up they lost after years of devotion and raised via their feeder? BTW - congrats on that fine young man at 152 for finally getting his gold... I know it was sweet even for his ol' grouchy dad Justin beat a very good wrestler soundly!!

Congrats to both of these D-1 powers of Chattanooga area wrestling.

My Chattanooga ranking should all teams compete today:

1) Soddy

2) Baylor

3) Bradley

4) McCallie

5) Ooltewah ... with the Irish right on their heels.

Luther, keep your overall rankings going!!