Livingston Academy vs. Upperman

LA Wildcats

Evidently you are not familiar with the tournament play. Haven't you ever saw teams get beat in tournaments where they were heavily favored? Upperman from what I have seen IS beatable. It can happen, don't count your eggs before they hatch. When the postseason starts ANYTHING and the UNPREDICTABLE does happen. More crowing will be more painful, should you lose, and it might not be from LA, it could be someone else that you overlooked.

Wildcat 1970

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BLTJake @ Feb 9 2007 - 06:15 AM) 826364711[/snapback]

LA I hope you think you can run with us, you can you'll get run right out the door. Only shot you've got is to controll tempo, hope we don't shoot well and we have about (5) players in foul trouble, it may take all three factors for you to win. Don't be crying about the District and Region being on our floor all district coachs voted for it except for Smith County girls coach, so just come on down and get you some for a about two weeks(district & region). Don't worry LA fans they some good places to stop and eat on your LONG trip home. HA HA. GO LADY BEE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN WHY INTHE WORLD WOULD ANY OF THE DISTRICT 7AA COACHES VOTE TO HAVE THE TOURNEY AT UPPERMAN?? except for upperman's coach

this is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how do you know how smith county's coach vote d--- i have to say i would have voted NO !!!!!!!!!

IT SHOULD BE HELD IN A NEUTRAL LOCATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!

period -- there is an advantage, if only psychological, to playing on one's home court PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 9 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826365279[/snapback]

THEN WHY INTHE WORLD WOULD ANY OF THE DISTRICT 7AA COACHES VOTE TO HAVE THE TOURNEY AT UPPERMAN?? except for upperman's coach

this is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how do you know how smith county's coach vote d--- i have to say i would have voted NO !!!!!!!!!

IT SHOULD BE HELD IN A NEUTRAL LOCATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!

period -- there is an advantage, if only psychological, to playing on one's home court PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they are trying to integrate this kind of system like bigger schools have started doing. Like in 7AAA they swithch it up each year. Maybe they'll start doing that in 7AA

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Feb 9 2007 - 07:15 AM) 826364728[/snapback]

Evidently you are not familiar with the tournament play. Haven't you ever saw teams get beat in tournaments where they were heavily favored? Upperman from what I have seen IS beatable. It can happen, don't count your eggs before they hatch. When the postseason starts ANYTHING and the UNPREDICTABLE does happen. More crowing will be more painful, should you lose, and it might not be from LA, it could be someone else that you overlooked.

Wildcat 1970

SURE WE'VE HEARD OF TOURNAMENT PLAY ---- DO YOU REMEMBER LAST YEAR SMITH COUNTY SPANKED UPPERMAN AT TECH !!!!!!!!!!?????

but the point is ---- a number two getting a bye ----- and it still does not allow for the six and seven to really, statisically do any better than the bottom of the barrell --- the play in only truly helps the number two seed --- get an automatic bid to the region --

that is the only team it helps ----

of course upperman is beatable ------ the fourth ranked team in the district beat them ------ so what?????

the point here is the seeding with this new play in thingy ----

Well for starters, I can assure you the gym will not be cramped. You can say what you want, but it won't be. However I agree it is an advantage somewhat to the home team to host the tournament. To me sounds like a dumb thing done by all the coaches that voted for this except the Upperman Coach. I would have voted for my home floor too, wouldn't you??? Anyways, I think this district is gonna be very well represented throughout the post season, no matter who it is. I hope (cause i am a bee fan) that is is Upperman, but like others have said they are beatable. I will say however I think if Upperman is playing it's best no team in the district can play with them. That's just my opinion. Back to the gym situation, who in the world would have wanted to play in Smith Counties gym. I'd rather played in Upperman's old tin bucket gym than at that dungeon. Tonight, I say again that Upperman wins in double digits over Livingston. I will aslo say that I know that Livingston is definitely the Number 2 team in the district. Smith County will not make it out of the district tournament!!!!! Anyone agree or disagree? Good luck to all teams in the tournament and tonight, and hopefully no injuries will plague this district like it has in the past postseasons.

Congrats to LA.... I've seen both teams play, and they match up well. It certainly gives LA and the teams that have beat or hung with them some confidence heading to Murfreesboro. Upperman was my pick for winning the gold ball. I still stand by it, but would be just as happy to see LA walk away with it. Great tradition, coaching, parents, and players. Again.. congrats LA.

Well for starters, I can assure you the gym will not be cramped. You can say what you want, but it won't be. However I agree it is an advantage somewhat to the home team to host the tournament. To me sounds like a dumb thing done by all the coaches that voted for this except the Upperman Coach. I would have voted for my home floor too, wouldn't you??? Anyways, I think this district is gonna be very well represented throughout the post season, no matter who it is. I hope (cause i am a bee fan) that is is Upperman, but like others have said they are beatable. I will say however I think if Upperman is playing it's best no team in the district can play with them. That's just my opinion. Back to the gym situation, who in the world would have wanted to play in Smith Counties gym. I'd rather played in Upperman's old tin bucket gym than at that dungeon. Tonight, I say again that Upperman wins in double digits over Livingston. I will aslo say that I know that Livingston is definitely the Number 2 team in the district. Smith County will not make it out of the district tournament!!!!! Anyone agree or disagree? Good luck to all teams in the tournament and tonight, and hopefully no injuries will plague this

FOR A SECOND I THOUGHT YOU HAD SOME SENSE ---- THEN I READ FURTHER AND REALIZED YOU DO NOT !! AND YOU ARE QUITE DISRECTFUL AND DONW RIGHT RUDE !!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO YOU THINK BAXTER'S GYM WON'T BE CRAMPED -- THE PLACE IS CRAMPED ON A REGULAR SEASON GAME NIGHT --AS YOUR RUDE FANS SIT ON THE OPPOSING SIDE !!!!!!!!!! THAT'S FOR STARTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SMITH COUNTY'S GYM?? A DUNGEON -- WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON !??!? IT HAS AMPLE SEATING, DRESSING ROOMS ARE OKAY, LIGHTING AND HEATING ARE FINE -- WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM -- WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY RUPP ARENA OR THE SUMMIT!!

IT IS THE LARGEST IN THE DISTRICT --- IT IS A FINE PLACE TO PLAY --- TIN BUCKET -- WHAT A SLAM TO YOUR BEES TO CALL THEIR GYM A TIN BUCKET !!

AND DIDNT' YOUR BEES GO DOWN IN FINE FASHION TONIGHT ???

AH TOO BAD ---- HATE IT NUMBER TWO IN THE DISTRICT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND FINALLY -- HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF SMITH COUNTY AND SAY THEY WON'T BE GOING TO THE REGION -----

REMEMBER WHO THEY UPSET LAST YEAR ??? YOUR NUMBER ONE SEEDED LADY BEES !?!??!?

SO SHUT UP BASICALLY IS WHAT I'M SAYING !!

IF YOU CAN'T BE NICE IN SOME SMALL FASHION -----

YOU DIDN'T THINK THE BEES WOULD LOSE TO UPPERMAN -- SO I'D KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT IF I WERE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 9 2007 - 02:41 PM) 826365283[/snapback]

Maybe they are trying to integrate this kind of system like bigger schools have started doing. Like in 7AAA they swithch it up each year. Maybe they'll start doing that in 7AA

MAYBE THEY ARE -- I JUST WEISH THE PUBLUIC KNEW MORE OF WHAT THE TSSAA IS THINKING ---

IF THEY SWITCH UP EACH YEAR THRN I THINK THAT WOULD BE FAIR ---

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS --- IF THAT ISHAT OTHER PLACES ARE GOING TOWARDS THEN I UNDERSTAND

all i no is that upperman is not that much better than livingston. who cares if they are ranked high in the state that dont mean a thing. if ashley matthews, alison west, and mallie stephens play in the tournament like they did tonight upperman will not stand a chance. ashley put it on them tonight. they couldnt stop. and one more thing. Can someone teach #20 how to make a lay up from upperman. I mean u shouldnt even be playin if u cant make wide open lay ups. lol someone tell her they are having lay up practice at tech or something.

QUOTE(expo @ Feb 9 2007 - 11:05 PM) 826365788[/snapback]

all i no is that upperman is not that much better than livingston. who cares if they are ranked high in the state that dont mean a thing. if ashley matthews, alison west, and mallie stephens play in the tournament like they did tonight upperman will not stand a chance. ashley put it on them tonight. they couldnt stop. and one more thing. Can someone teach #20 how to make a lay up from upperman. I mean u shouldnt even be playin if u cant make wide open lay ups. lol someone tell her they are having lay up practice at tech or something.

YOU SHOULD REFRAIN FROM MAKING DIRECT UGLY COMMENTS ABOUT PLAYERS -- THESE ARE CHILDREN ---- YOU SHOULD NOT BE SO INCREDIBLY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL --

IF YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED ONE SECOND OF BASKETBALL YOU WOULD KNOW -- EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS MAKE SILLY MISTAKES !!!!!!!!!