Nick Marable

tkdown4two

QUOTE(tkdown4two @ Feb 5 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826359753[/snapback]

Congrats to Nick Marable as he is now the 14th ranked wrestler at 157 by W.I.N. Magazine, having recently defeated two other ranked oppents at 157 and bumping up and also defeating two others at 165.

http://www.themat.com/index.php?page=showa...ArticleID=16010

And 2nd string? I understand he'll usually beat the 1st string, Michael Chandler, in most opens and common opponents. I also understand that Bono would normally give someone like Marable 1st based on his showing against other common opponents, over a close loss to same team members in challenge matches for the top varsity spot.

I know some (maybe one) on this board may hate this approach, but it's true,,, just like other great coaches in TN HS wrestling may do, i.e., GC. It's all about the team!!

soms, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are just trying to stir walkenvol up. Let it lie. By the way, Chandler was the 8th ranked 157, not sure if he still is or not, so, do not underestimate the competition on the Missouri team. They are ranked 2nd in the country for a reason. Nick is doing great and is happy to have the opportunity. There is no reason for you to jump to conclusions and reopen a old can of worms.

QUOTE(papbear3 @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826359837[/snapback]

soms, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are just trying to stir walkenvol up. Let it lie. By the way, Chandler was the 8th ranked 157, not sure if he still is or not, so, do not underestimate the competition on the Missouri team. They are ranked 2nd in the country for a reason. Nick is doing great and is happy to have the opportunity. There is no reason for you to jump to conclusions and reopen a old can of worms.

Maybe I'm not right on track but I know what Bono has done and I know how Chandler and Marable did in a big open in the Carolin's not long ago.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:40 PM) 826359845[/snapback]

Maybe I'm not right on track but I know what Bono has done and I know how Chandler and Marable did in a big open in the Carolin's not long ago.

But I doubt you understand Marable's situation more than the person who told you to let it lie. Nick is happy where he is and has contributed to his team in a lot of ways, including winning a lot of big matches, this year even though he wasn't the starter. I am willing to bet he finds a nice spot and ranking next year when Pell is gone.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:07 PM) 826359787[/snapback]

I know some (maybe one) on this board may hate this approach, but it's true,,, just like other great coaches in TN HS wrestling may do, i.e., GC. It's all about the team!!

Whatever it is you are talking about, has it worked?

Congratulations to Nick- I have had the opportunity to see him wrestle a couple of matches and he looks great. When you look at Nick, Jordan Leen, and the UTC crowd, TN wrestling is gaining credibility in the college ranks.

QUOTE(mtnrasslin @ Feb 6 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826360146[/snapback]

Whatever it is you are talking about, has it worked?

That Bono or any coach can make the final determination of who wrestles where? Of course Smith at U of M has his prerogative and has exercised it, so has other coaches. That's my point, and if someone wants to take issue with that,.. please do, I won't be offended.

QUOTE(tkdown4two @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826359753[/snapback]

Congrats to Nick Marable as he is now the 14th ranked wrestler at 157 by W.I.N. Magazine, having recently defeated two other ranked oppents at 157 and bumping up and also defeating two others at 165.

Thats awesome for TN wrestling. These boys are putting us on the map.

The only talk about Bono in this thread should be about how he is helping. Let it go.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 6 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826360405[/snapback]

That Bono or any coach can make the final determination of who wrestles where? Of course Smith at U of M has his prerogative and has exercised it, so has other coaches. That's my point, and if someone wants to take issue with that,.. please do, I won't be offended.

I made no reference to Bono. He is doing wonders at UTC and I am proud that he is here.

QUOTE(tkdown4two @ Feb 5 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826359753[/snapback]

I second that Congrats! Tom you've got to proud of your son. Big Ups to Nick Marable and others that have decided to take it to the next level.