Hampton VS Cloudland

olddog68

QUOTE(olddog68 @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826360636[/snapback]

One more!

Hampton with all the players they have now and Leon Tolley coaching = State championship, PRICELESS!

the only way you will ever get to see a state championship is buy a tape or cd of the 2004 state tournament and let unaka show you dreamers how it's done.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be hard for hampton to win this game tonight reguardless of how much they won by last game, the game being at cloudland makes a big difference they play much better on their home floor. hampton will have to play very well to win and if they win tonight are bound to loose to cloudland in districts or regionals... its hard to beat any single team 3 or 4 times especially one as well coached as cloudland. i hope hampton wins but i think the odds are against us tonite.

I talked to Lunsford's uncle this morning. I told him to get their early, because the mouse box will be packed. I wish we had a gymnasium like Hampton's. They have the best gym in East Tennessee. I look for a big rowdy, but respectful crowd, tonight. Its like two brothers putting the boxing gloves on.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826364848[/snapback]

I talked to Lunsford's uncle this morning. I told him to get their early, because the mouse box will be packed. I wish we had a gymnasium like Hampton's. They have the best gym in East Tennessee. I look for a big rowdy, but respectful crowd, tonight. Its like two brothers putting the boxing gloves on.

i will definately be getting there early. i know how crowded gets up there its crazy. both teams have really good fan support, it will definately be rowdy for the ole county rivalry, thats for sure. i like the way hamptons gym was built too, i dont know about it being the best in east tennessee but i like ours better than any gym in carter co. as far as the layout of it goes. the only thing about hamptons gym is that we dont have as much of a home court advantage because the people arent packed in like schools that have smaller gymnasiums like at cloudland or unaka, we are starting to fill it up more this season. i'm expecting a good hard faught game tonite and may the best team win.

Thats right. I'm glad that its our two schools that are on top of the county now. I can actually look back at the last two years in football and laugh, because no matter how harsh the posting got, we understood that it was like family competition. We need to keep this united stand, because we represent our county better. Even the King and Slick Pujo quarreled a little bit, but I would buy the guy dinner any day of the week. Anyway, its a long 10 mile trip. Be sure to stop for gas!

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826364848[/snapback]

BEST GYM IN EAST TENN?

Are you serious?

Eliz has a much bigger and nicer gym,by far!

You might rethink that one !

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 9 2007 - 12:15 PM) 826364990[/snapback]

Thats right. I'm glad that its our two schools that are on top of the county now. I can actually look back at the last two years in football and laugh, because no matter how harsh the posting got, we understood that it was like family competition. We need to keep this united stand, because we represent our county better. Even the King and Slick Pujo quarreled a little bit, but I would buy the guy dinner any day of the week. Anyway, its a long 10 mile trip. Be sure to stop for gas!

your new nickname is sideways

because you have a tendency to talk out both sides of your mouth.

and those two schools are not on top, university high is. and you posting has not been like family competition, it's been downright pitiful. you can tell how long it has been since cloudland and hampton had anything to play for. get fired up for the second seed. and furthermore you i would be happy to beating a team like unaka with four sophomores and three freshman dressing out on the varsity

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Feb 9 2007 - 03:36 PM) 826365274[/snapback]

your new nickname is sideways

because you have a tendency to talk out both sides of your mouth.

and those two schools are not on top, university high is. and you posting has not been like family competition, it's been downright pitiful. you can tell how long it has been since cloudland and hampton had anything to play for. get fired up for the second seed. and furthermore you i would be happy to beating a team like unaka with four sophomores and three freshman dressing out on the varsity

Hate to defend him, but he said top in the county, not conferance.

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 9 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826365170[/snapback]

BEST GYM IN EAST TENN?

Are you serious?

Eliz has a much bigger and nicer gym,by far!

You might rethink that one !

Sure it's bigger, but it's also more spread out, and the Hampton gym is more intimate in comparison, if you can call a 1500-or so seat gym intimate. There's been a lot of great b-ball history played out there, and that atmosphere is where it rates higher than E-Town's. Treadway Gym is very nice and large, but give me VanHuss-White Gymnasium anyday!