Region X seeds

CoachDelgado

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EVILTWIN @ Feb 8 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826364471[/snapback]

Did Brandon Wright wrestle today? How many team points did the boys on the ranch miss out on there? There was a seeding meeting that went pretty smooth, so I hear from the coaches that bothered to attend. By the way, speaking of smoooooth, the tournament went like clockwork tonight.

EVILTWIN is absolutely correct. Houston's best wrestler didn't even compete tonight. Also, before you point out the easy matches Peck and Livingston had, consider this: 125 is an all around even bracket. From 1st to 4th seed, anyone could win 1st. And 119 is obviously a three dog race. No one complains of Brittcliffe's or Johnson's easy matches. Perhaps they were easy because those three are ALL potential and probable state medalists, so no one can come close to beating any of the three.

Before signing off for the night, I'd like to ask for prayers for our 215... Hunter Siler who passed out prior to wrestling his first match today. Haven't heard anything back, but was taken to the hospital via ambulance.

This kid is a class act and much respected for his dedication, among those that know him. I hate it for he is a senior and he deserved this last chance. This is the kid you would see walking a mile or more to and from practice and always gave 100%. Offer him a ride and he'd respectfully decline saying he needed the excerise. Anyway, I was thinking about him and thought I'd share.. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks

QUOTE(171Bartlett @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826364443[/snapback]

Is that the rule if your a number one seed you get a bye over the people under you? not that it matters,, just curious if that how things are, I dont exactly have a rule book to look at or is there one?

Anyway just curious.

No generally byes are random drawn into the tournament. It does not necessarily go to the seeded wrestlers.

ok, i've had my morning diet coke, (don't do coffee).

a little harsh on the start of the explanation to the panther parent.

looking forward to this p.m., some good matchups in the lower weight classes. good luck to the boys from the ranch, as well as the little devils from hades. (gotta run with my posse).