Dobyns-Bennett Indians

rolltriberoll

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HShoopsfan @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826362138[/snapback]

Omar Wattad conference MVP?? PSSSH I think the MVP should clearly be Coty Sensabaugh... wonderful and very talented athlete with an EXCELLENT attitude. This guy truely shines on the court. Great win last night! What, DB was up by 20 almost the entire game?

Its not an MVP award. Its Player of the Year. And thats why Coty will robbed of it. They will hand it to Wattad like they have planned since day one, its already bought and paid for just like his place on the G-town team. Thats how basketball is in this area. Alot of times its not how good you are, its who you are.

Congrats to DB!!!! You have to give credit where credit is due. After the way they started alot of people including me didn't give them a chance to win the conference. Shows what heart and determination can accomplish.

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Feb 8 2007 - 02:36 AM) 826363056[/snapback]

Its not an MVP award. Its Player of the Year. And thats why Coty will robbed of it. They will hand it to Wattad like they have planned since day one, its already bought and paid for just like his place on the G-town team. Thats how basketball is in this area. Alot of times its not how good you are, its who you are.

Congrats to DB!!!! You have to give credit where credit is due. After the way they started alot of people including me didn't give them a chance to win the conference. Shows what heart and determination can accomplish.

That's why Gabe Buchannan? was Co-mvp last year. I don't think they do that, otherwise they would have given it to Omar last year outright. Gabe played phenomenal so he got a share. Nothing wrong with that.... plus the bought and paid for comment is innaccurate.... Wattad is going to be on schollie, and that L.O.I will be signed in the spring. (verbal in the fall, keep options open, nothing better sign in the spring....) so I think he earned his spot on G-town...that is UNLIKE how basketball is in this area (name all the D1 signees in the Big 9 hoops world in the last 10 years... how many high majors?). Hats off to DB on the win, but don't discredit Omar's whole season and career because of the loss, not fair to the individual.

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826362831[/snapback]

Hey Waco, you still want rid of Captain Morgan?

This group of players are more than capable of making it to the state tourny. Morgan lost 7 games this year that he should not of lost. It took him 16 games just to figure out who his best 5 players were. Don't get to caught up in the win over Science Hill. The Toppers ain't all that and their coach ain't all that either. DB and Science Hill deserve better coaches.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:27 AM) 826363122[/snapback]

This group of players are more than capable of making it to the state tourny. Morgan lost 7 games this year that he should not of lost. It took him 16 games just to figure out who his best 5 players were. Don't get to caught up in the win over Science Hill. The Toppers ain't all that and their coach ain't all that either. DB and Science Hill deserve better coaches.

Absolutely unbelieveable. By your logic if the team wins it's because of the players and if it loses it's because of the coach. Waco, make up your mind. Is the outcome determined by players or coaches? How about a little bit of both. Why can't you give credit where credit is due?

QUOTE(where's the love? @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826362656[/snapback]

Cap,

I respect you giving DB kudos for beating SH. I fell that they have had to earn everyone's respect after the rocky start, but the team everyone expected to see in November has come together at the right time when it matters most.

Congradulations to Coty on the scholarship. I didn't realize that he had been offered, but I will look forward to cheering for the Tigers.

He would look better in UT Orange! He said in the paper he chose CU over Appy because of playing in front of 80,000 vs 20,000. Try playing in front of over 100,000 and a possible national championship!!!! Did UT even look his way? Anybody know? CU is still good, but I wish Fulmer and UT would take a few ET athletes. Afterall, he is the highest paid state employee.

Coty was not considered by the UT staff. If you sit back and think about it, Coty does not bring much to the table at this point that UT doesn't have on their roster as walk-ons. He is about 6'1", 185 lbs, and runs about a 4.5 speed. UT can find those type of players anywhere. While it would be nice to see him go on and play for them, they just did not see anything that stood out to them. Being that "little", and when I say little, I mean by Major Division I type of school, you must being some serious speed to the table, and Coty does not have that at this point. However, Gerald was not highly rated coming out of high school and was not any more athletic than Coty is, however he worked his tail off, got bigger, faster, stronger, and much better and is now in the NFL. I would not count Coty out on being a good college player, but the play in the ACC he has some major work to do.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826363447[/snapback]

Coty was not considered by the UT staff. If you sit back and think about it, Coty does not bring much to the table at this point that UT doesn't have on their roster as walk-ons.

How about some heart...UT doesn't have much of that. A lot of stars (3 stars, 4 stars, 5 stars) but not much "team".

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826363447[/snapback]

I would not count Coty out on being a good college player, but the play in the ACC he has some major work to do.

I think we all have a little work to do

Obviously they saw something or wouldn't have offered because Clemson "can find those type of players anywhere." as well..they aint nothing to sniff about...remember the '04 Peach Bowl?

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826363469[/snapback]

How about some heart...UT doesn't have much of that. A lot of stars (3 stars, 4 stars, 5 stars) but not much "team".

I think we all have a little work to do

Obviously they saw something or wouldn't have offered because Clemson "can find those type of players anywhere." as well..they aint nothing to sniff about...remember the '04 Peach Bowl?

Look, I'm not knocking Coty by any means I love the kid's attitude and determination. All I am saying is that Coty is not in a position to contribute to Tennessee's football team at this point. As far as Clemson goes, they did not recruit him at all up until this past week. The are EXTREMELY short on cornerbacks. Up until they offered Coty, they had only signed 1 corner in this whole class. That is the reason they ended up recruiting Coty. I am happy for him and you are right, he does have heart. I would DEFINATELY not say that UT has heart. I think they have plenty of that, but are lacking a little in the coaching part (head coach) at least.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826363481[/snapback]

I would DEFINATELY not say that UT has heart. I think they have plenty of that, but are lacking a little in the coaching part (head coach) at least.

Exhibit A: 01/01/07 Outback Bowl...Penn State 20...Tenn 10. All we heard was how excited they were to be a New Years day bowl again and they laid down and got beat by a middle of the pack Big 10 team. They didn't want to be there in that game and it showed...no pride for the T on the helmet.

That's what I'm talking about

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826363495[/snapback]

Exhibit A: 01/01/07 Outback Bowl...Penn State 20...Tenn 10. All we heard was how excited they were to be a New Years day bowl again and they laid down and got beat by a middle of the pack Big 10 team. They didn't want to be there in that game and it showed...no pride for the T on the helmet.

That's what I'm talking about

Oh you must not be talking about the same Tennessee team that would have beaten the eventually National Champions if it wasn't for a playaction pass gone wrong in Florida territory on 1st and 10. Yea, it was those National Champions who dominated the previous #1 team, but should have been beaten by that Tennessee team. Or the same team that got back big, early to Georgia and came out in the 2nd half and put up 50 points on a good defense. Or the same Tennessee team that should have beaten a much, much more talented LSU team and played well enough to win that game, oh, by the way, that was without their starting QB.

Look Maroon, we can go back and forth all day on this and get no where. At the end of the day, you will NEVER convince me that last year's Tennessee football team did not have heart. They had some breakdowns in coaching and playing that cost them a couple of games.

Either way, Coty is a great talent with a great heart, but if you think he is big time SEC material then you have no sense at evaluating talent.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 8 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826363523[/snapback]

Oh you must not be talking about the same Tennessee team that would have beaten the eventually National Champions if it wasn't for a playaction pass gone wrong in Florida territory on 1st and 10. Yea, it was those National Champions who dominated the previous #1 team, but should have been beaten by that Tennessee team. Or the same team that got back big, early to Georgia and came out in the 2nd half and put up 50 points on a good defense. Or the same Tennessee team that should have beaten a much, much more talented LSU team and played well enough to win that game, oh, by the way, that was without their starting QB.

No...I'm talking about the team that "should have" lost to Air Force without stuffing a 2point conversion at the end (by the way...at the time everybody said Air Force would end up surprising some people last year...hmmm 4-8 Wow!). I'm talking about the team that couldn't stay on the field with Arkansas had they not called off the dogs. I'm talking about the same team that got pushed around by Kentucky! And there sure are a lot of shouldas in your statement there about who they coulda shoulda beat but in the end they didn't get it done and they go down as an L...not a shoulda W.

Don't get me wrong..I'm not making any bold statement that Coty could play in the big time SEC...personally I don't think the big time road only runs through Knoxville. Obviously I'm not the only one that can't evaluate talent because those great recruiting classes have amounted to not much on the field as of late..except for some late night shenanigans on the strip:thumb: