Superbowl Halftime Show

Is it just me? or.....Is it just me? Why would you choose Prince as halftime entertainment. It was one of the few halftime shows that I chose not to watch.....well...I confess....I watched a little. Why not Nickelback or KISS or whatever is left of the Temptations.....hey!!!! how about anybody but Prince. Does he/she/it have any new songs out in the last 10 or 20 years. I don't know.....maybe he's the new stuff. Could it be that Prince or whatever his name is now(Aunt Jemima.....the rag around the head) came in at the required budget.....low is the word I'm thinkin' here. Maybe the NFL has fallen upon hard times. Well as least they didn't have to worry about the magical, tear away bra.....maybe.

Then again....maybe it's just me.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826362594[/snapback]

Is it just me? or.....Is it just me? Why would you choose Prince as halftime entertainment. It was one of the few halftime shows that I chose not to watch.....well...I confess....I watched a little. Why not Nickelback or KISS or whatever is left of the Temptations.....hey!!!! how about anybody but Prince. Does he/she/it have any new songs out in the last 10 or 20 years. I don't know.....maybe he's the new stuff. Could it be that Prince or whatever his name is now(Aunt Jemima.....the rag around the head) came in at the required budget.....low is the word I'm thinkin' here. Maybe the NFL has fallen upon hard times. Well as least they didn't have to worry about the magical, tear away bra.....maybe.

Then again....maybe it's just me.

Maybe he has a cousin on the selection committee?

I thought the same thing. I'm not dissing the Purple Rainman, I feel there were plenty of alternatives. BUT, as I explained to my daughter who was complaining just as much as you, that Prince was from the era that most NFL fans were influenced by "The 80's". This group of football lovers spend more money than any other group on football. It was just simply Prince's turn. Next year, maybe Kiss, maybe ZZ Top again, or maybe Billy Idol Heck, you might even get

Personally, I'm not really complaining. Halftime is great for debating your own analysis with your guests.

QUOTE(ERA @ Feb 7 2007 - 07:48 PM) 826362689[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. I'm not dissing the Purple Rainman, I feel there were plenty of alternatives. BUT, as I explained to my daughter who was complaining just as much as you, that Prince was from the era that most NFL fans were influenced by "The 80's". This group of football lovers spend more money than any other group on football. It was just simply Prince's turn. Next year, maybe Kiss, maybe ZZ Top again, or maybe Billy Idol Heck, you might even get

Personally, I'm not really complaining. Halftime is great for debating your own analysis with your guests.

Yeah....your right. And it could have been worse. How bout Boy George.....how would you like explaining that one to your daughter. ZZ Top was on a few years back.....so was Aerosmith.

No matter how bad it gets, it will never be as bad as the earlier Super Bowls where they had entertainment (?) like "Up With People." That was more white bread than Wonder Bread ever thought about being. They've come a long way-maybe a little too far gone (at least Ashley Simpson didn't sing).

Now speaking of Prince; Dan Patrick (and I) thought that the part of the show where he was playing his guitar in silhouette was, er, rather, "suggestive."

If you go back to the movie "Purple Rain"-and in the first part of the movie when his band is playing "Let's Go Crazy,"- he does the same thing!

Personally, give me Morris Day and the Time doing "Jungle Love" and "The Bird," throw in a generous helping of Apollonia, and you can have the rest of the movie.

The Aerosmith/N'Sync/Nelly/Brittney Spears, and my opinion the best they have had in a while, was the 01 Super Bowl.

I just remember one of my friends (male mind you) who made the comment that Aerosmith stunk and that N'Sync was the best performer out there. He was made fun of until he left.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Feb 8 2007 - 05:18 PM) 826364064[/snapback]

The Aerosmith/N'Sync/Nelly/Brittney Spears, and my opinion the best they have had in a while, was the 01 Super Bowl.

I just remember one of my friends (male mind you) who made the comment that Aerosmith stunk and that N'Sync was the best performer out there. He was made fun of until he left.

I remember that one.....it was a good one.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 8 2007 - 04:25 PM) 826363974[/snapback]

Personally, give me Morris Day and the Time doing "Jungle Love" and "The Bird," throw in a generous helping of Apollonia, and you can have the rest of the movie.

That is the truth!!!!......

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 7 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826362718[/snapback]

How about the EAGLES?

I would let them play during the game and let the teams perform during halftime.

I had a chance to see the Eagles back in the day...and didn't get to go.