Region 4-2A Weight Competition March 10, 2006

Lion15

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:26 AM) 826408631[/snapback]I really doubt that. We did very well in the two years we were with those teams...being the #1 seed in one of the two years. The move up was the best move at the time. Too bad you didn't follow. We were in the region with Portland...Trousdale...Macon...LA. All were better than Westmoland. As evidence Westomland was 0-2 against Trousdale...and 1-3 against Macon. Nah...I don't think we were too scared of Westmoland. You wouldn't have made the playoffs in that region any of those years.

I really don't think I would mention Westmoland in the same breath with DL and GP. You didn't compete with either in the 4 years we left. You were pounded every game...0-8 with no game close. Who knows how we would have done? I am quite sure...better than that. Guess you should have moved up too...huh? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Antwat you really seem to be a history buff when it comes to your football. Can you tell me a year that Smitt County ever was even competitive against a team that won any kind of State Championship 1a2a3a4a5a? Westmoreland beat Trousdale in 93 27-8 the 1A state champs, the same year they took the 2A State champs to OT. The following year they were beaten by 5 points to the 3A runners up Portland. The following year they beat the actual 2A State Champs Goodpasture which was the 3rd year in a row.We lost in the playoffs that year to the 2A runner-up Meigs County by only 7 points. And by the way in 98 Westmoreland was beat by David Lipscomp in the playoffs by 1 point we went for the win instead of the tie at the end of the game. How many times have ya'll beat or even been competitive with Goodpasture or David Lipscomb or even Trousdale County with a State Championship team? How many Mr. Football players have you had we had 2 one was a repeat Mr. Football. What was the final score of the Alcoa vs Smitt County game this year? I rest my case "what great tradition?" We were kind of embarrassed to win those 3 straight regional championships because it was against you and the rest of the boys like Cannon ,Jackson, Upperman,Bledsoe, thats ya'lls calibur of teams. We were playing real teams like Springfield,Portland,Trousdale,White House, before you chumps came along. You could'nt take the heat so you finally got out of the kitchen when GP, and DL came along and you took the sisters of the poor aka Jackson,Cannon,Upperman with you even the Great Trousdale County did not want none of GP/DL. Who by the way we beat 3 years in a row and may still have the best record of the 2 teams head to head. See when you look at tradition of two schools you have to look at head to head competition. You may have a team like Smitt County bolt out of a classification in order to play more beatable teams. Look at Trousdale back in 1A,they skipped 2A for some reason there for a couple of years didnt they. Young Eagles don't allow spin doctors like Antwat and the rest of the liberal tree huggers in Smitt County "Al Gore global warmingville " make you also believe in the "Great Tradition" at Smitt County. Oh by the way Antwatttt! You left out the re in Westmoreland.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826409706[/snapback]Antwat you really seem to be a history buff when it comes to your football. Can you tell me a year that Smitt County ever was even competitive against a team that won any kind of State Championship 1a2a3a4a5a? Westmoreland beat Trousdale in 93 27-8 the 1A state champs, the same year they took the 2A State champs to OT. The following year they were beaten by 5 points to the 3A runners up Portland. The following year they beat the actual 2A State Champs Goodpasture which was the 3rd year in a row.We lost in the playoffs that year to the 2A runner-up Meigs County by only 7 points. And by the way in 98 Westmoreland was beat by David Lipscomp in the playoffs by 1 point we went for the win instead of the tie at the end of the game. How many times have ya'll beat or even been competitive with Goodpasture or David Lipscomb or even Trousdale County with a State Championship team? How many Mr. Football players have you had we had 2 one was a repeat Mr. Football. What was the final score of the Alcoa vs Smitt County game this year? I rest my case "what great tradition?" We were kind of embarrassed to win those 3 straight regional championships because it was against you and the rest of the boys like Cannon ,Jackson, Upperman,Bledsoe, thats ya'lls calibur of teams. We were playing real teams like Springfield,Portland,Trousdale,White House, before you chumps came along. You could'nt take the heat so you finally got out of the kitchen when GP, and DL came along and you took the sisters of the poor aka Jackson,Cannon,Upperman with you even the Great Trousdale County did not want none of GP/DL. Who by the way we beat 3 years in a row and may still have the best record of the 2 teams head to head. See when you look at tradition of two schools you have to look at head to head competition. You may have a team like Smitt County bolt out of a classification in order to play more beatable teams. Look at Trousdale back in 1A,they skipped 2A for some reason there for a couple of years didnt they. Young Eagles don't allow spin doctors like Antwat and the rest of the liberal tree huggers in Smitt County "Al Gore global warmingville " make you also believe in the "Great Tradition" at Smitt County. Oh by the way Antwatttt! You left out the re in Westmoreland.

Sounds like Westmoland is the champions of moral victories. The truth is...you haven't done squat in a long time. You did luck up and win the region...but we knocked you out in the one that counted.

We were the #1 seed in the region when Goodpasture won the title in '99. They won the regular season game in the rain. We had the lead going into the 4th. We beat DL 16-0 that year. I think that is the last time DL was shutout. The next year...our last in 2a for the next four...GP won 22-18 on a last minute TD...so yeah...we competed well with both. I could list all of our other moral victories against state title teams...but that would be too Wesmolandlike.

We have had one Mr. football...Scott Dirkson.

QUOTE(knee_knocker @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826409450[/snapback]yea well Westmoreland did win last year weight lifting competion and yall did beat the eagles in the semi finals but this year is diffrent. The weight lifting competion was a breeze for Westmoreland. Westmoreland beat Smith by a larger margen than ever before. Smith can count on everything to change this year. yea Westmoreland lost alot of seniors but the guys coming to fill their position are just as good. they are mostly juniors but the eagles junior class has alot of talent. they are fast and have medium size. just today westmoreland had one of our juniors to squet 500lb!!! he runs a 4'9. trust me this region is ganna have a dramastic change. Westmoreland is going to take this with ease.

just so you know we got a sophmore who benches 315 squats 535 and runs a 4.9 so were not worried about the one player ya'll have because thats wat most of our players do

QUOTE(knee_knocker @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826409450[/snapback]yea well Westmoreland did win last year weight lifting competion and yall did beat the eagles in the semi finals but this year is diffrent. The weight lifting competion was a breeze for Westmoreland. Westmoreland beat Smith by a larger margen than ever before. Smith can count on everything to change this year. yea Westmoreland lost alot of seniors but the guys coming to fill their position are just as good. they are mostly juniors but the eagles junior class has alot of talent. they are fast and have medium size. just today westmoreland had one of our juniors to squet 500lb!!! he runs a 4'9. trust me this region is ganna have a dramastic change. Westmoreland is going to take this with ease.

just so you know we got a sophmore who benches 315 squats 535 and runs a 4.9 so were not worried about the one player ya'll have because thats wat most of our players do

Guest Termite

I'm glad your Eagles are strong and fast....Although according to most Westermoreland is usually strong and fast..........It appears that something else must be amiss. You are "fast and medium size" can squat 500 lbs and have talent.......It seems their talent is track and weight lifting.......What about football?

Last year you were strong, fast, had talent, and something that you don't have this year "experience".....You did well, but...........

Westmoreland did a good job at the meet. they are always very well prepared and Coach Kelly does a good job. We will have to wait and see how everything falls in the region this year. Some of the other region teams are on the rise and they might make some noise. The region could be an interesting race before it is all said and done.

QUOTE(TANK0076 @ Mar 13 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826410055[/snapback]just so you know we got a sophmore who benches 315 squats 535 and runs a 4.9 so were not worried about the one player ya'll have because thats wat most of our players do

If most of your players do that I think you would of done better at the competition than what you did.

I for one know its not all about stregnth.Let me set this straight this years Region is weaker but more even with talents. this years Westmoreland team is not as strong as last years Westmoreland team. Same with SC, I look for Upperman to come in and throw the region for a loop. But I still say the Region Championship Game is going to come down to SC and Westmoreland. But I'm going to pull for Westmoreland. Eagle Pride!

QUOTE(hud20 @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826410229[/snapback]If most of your players do that I think you would of done better at the competition than what you did.

yea i agree with u 100% last time i checked westmoreland went and blowed all the teams out. i only seen one boy f/m smith and he was in the heavy weight class i think and he was probally 300 that might come close to bench 315 but it aint no way he could run a 4'9. only 3 or 4 benched benched 300 plus and one was f/m smith the rest was f/m westmoreland.

QUOTE(hud20 @ Mar 13 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826410229[/snapback]If most of your players do that I think you would of done better at the competition than what you did.

yea i agree with u 100% last time i checked westmoreland went and blowed all the teams out. i only seen one boy f/m smith and he was in the heavy weight class i think and he was probally 300 that might come close to bench 315 but it aint no way he could run a 4'9. only 3 or 4 benched benched 300 plus and one was f/m smith the rest was f/m westmoreland.

QUOTE(Boobi @ Mar 13 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826410482[/snapback]I for one know its not all about stregnth.Let me set this straight this years Region is weaker but more even with talents. this years Westmoreland team is not as strong as last years Westmoreland team. Same with SC, I look for Upperman to come in and throw the region for a loop. But I still say the Region Championship Game is going to come down to SC and Westmoreland. But I'm going to pull for Westmoreland. Eagle Pride!

I don't doubt that. I don't think Westmoland will win at SC. Gee...I don't know though...Westmoland won the weight lifting

competition. That really has SC worried. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Antwan @ Mar 13 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826411062[/snapback]I don't doubt that. I don't think Westmoland will win at SC. Gee...I don't know though...Westmoland won the weight lifting

competition. That really has SC worried. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Antwitt, I'm glad your finally coming to your senses and admitting your worried about Westmoreland. Oh, did you play the flute or the clarinette in the band? I'm sure you were a proud Smith County band member

Guest Termite

QUOTE(KCBIGHOUSE @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826408626[/snapback]you said it twan...westmoreland didn't get the memo! that must mean you didn't want westmoreland to bump up either! I think i smell a chicken, not an owl! I can promise you if you would have stayed in the region instead of running scared, those cougars, mustangs, and eagles would have kept you from your semis, quaters, and 2nd rounders! chalk it up, thats a fact!!!

Ok.........OK next time we will let you play with the big boys.....we'll let you set at the big table and not at the card table.....How can you say "that's a fact"

if yoy look at the series both have had their runs........I believe it was Westmoreland that was "scared" to move up to 3-a with the big boys....but that's ok

as long as you can say "we used to be dominate"...".can we be as doninate as we were".......and be proud of morale victories....have at it.....