RIVERDALE

rhs1234

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is definatly going to be an intresting year i think the district is wide open again... You have Riverdale that gets a lot of respect but you have oakland with 2 pitchers that have already signed with D1 colleges (barnes P memphis) Burnett probably inf at MTSU and they have a few good pitchers on the bench also with Clark and Stender and an outfeilder that has signed with UT

Blackman is gonna be a good blue collar team with some good pitching as well

siegel has the Robinson kid

Lebanon was loaded with young talent last year so most of their team is back

WC still has rodgers

White COunty has JJ who is a good athlete

Cookeville i know they wer young last year but i am not sure what they have for this year

As for RIVERDALE we need some kids to step up and replace some very good SRs we had not only on the feild but off the feild they were great leaders with great work ethic so we need some of the SRs that are gonna get their shot to start to do it big

we need a few of our pitchers to get that killer instinct on the mound and step up their game we have got several good pitchers but we need one to just say i am the man and take it over now we may have that guy and he may have done it during the off season but we need it to translate come game time its gonna be a fun year no matter what happens

GO WARRIORS

QUOTE(rhs1234 @ Feb 8 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826364534[/snapback]

i think riverdale can win the district for the 7th time in a row.

District championships mean nothing...you don't get rings for district wins.

Riverdale looks good but i think their weak link could be pitching.

I like oakland's chances also. it just depends on how well they can come together this year.

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 10 2007 - 01:34 AM) 826365949[/snapback]

I like oakland's chances also. it just depends on how well they can come together this year.

Oakland is going to be pretty good as well as Blackman and riverdale i just dont think Riverdale will win the district again

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Feb 10 2007 - 01:34 AM) 826365949[/snapback]

but if oakland had won these 7 straight, i bet they would mean something to you (dont remind me i know oakland has rings in baseball ).

icecold06, people said riverdale wouldnt win their region for in football for like the 16th straight season this year also

riverdaleman, i heard theres a scrimmage thursday? can you pass the details on that one?

This is a simple topic. Every year everyone wants to talk about who is going to topple Riverdale. Untill Riverdale doesn't win the district it's theirs to loose. Its not all about talent, it's knowing how to win. They always seem to get the big hit at the right moment and before you know it or even realize how it happened they come out with a win

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:27 AM) 826369721[/snapback]

but if oakland had won these 7 straight, i bet they would mean something to you (dont remind me i know oakland has rings in baseball ).

icecold06, people said riverdale wouldnt win their region for in football for like the 16th straight season this year also

riverdaleman, i heard theres a scrimmage thursday? can you pass the details on that one?

Honestly they don't mean anything. Oakland won at least 4 straight 97-00 can't remember what they did before or after. but what does everyone remember about them? I don't mean to diminish a district crown, especially if you go undefeated like riverdale last year but do the players make a big deal out of it...Probably not. I think this district is one of the toughest in the state and if they would realign it to make it a rutherford county district it would be Number 1 without a doubt.

QUOTE(tdntn @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:27 AM) 826369721[/snapback]

Yes Thursday at 4:00 at Riverdale high school come out and check us out in our first scrimmage of the year