Congrats to Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill

tarheel2005

I want to say kudos to DB and Science Hill for winning/sharing the Big Nine Title. I am from Chattanooga and I am comming to see the District Tourney at Viking Hall in Bristol. I read in the paper that the District Tourney has a new fromat this year. Can someone explain how it works and I hope there is a big crowd at Viking Hall next week.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tarheel2005 @ Feb 9 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826365322[/snapback]

I want to say kudos to DB and Science Hill for winning/sharing the Big Nine Title. I am from Chattanooga and I am comming to see the District Tourney at Viking Hall in Bristol. I read in the paper that the District Tourney has a new fromat this year. Can someone explain how it works and I hope there is a big crowd at Viking Hall next week.

Congrats Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett

I'm going to start another thread on this, but D-B didn't "share" anything! They whipped Science Hill twice and they are the undisputed Champions of the Big 9 and the #1 seed. Basketball is the only thing that Johnson City takes any pride in, so their media is having a serious problem with denial!

QUOTE(tarheel2005 @ Feb 9 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826365322[/snapback]

QUOTE(rolltriberoll @ Feb 10 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826366209[/snapback]

There is no 'sharing' involved in this one.

Congrats to DB for winning the Big 9.

Congrats to SH for taking second place in said Big 9.

I have to agree with you on that one. If both teams had the same record and split during the regular season I would call them co-champions but with the exact same records and a sweep by DB, you have to call the Indians Big 9 CHAMPIONS!!! For the record, if it were Science Hill with the sweep, I would call them champions. You've got to give credit where credit's due.

QUOTE(DBTeepee @ Feb 11 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826367512[/snapback]

I have to agree with you on that one. If both teams had the same record and split during the regular season I would call them co-champions but with the exact same records and a sweep by DB, you have to call the Indians Big 9 CHAMPIONS!!! For the record, if it were Science Hill with the sweep, I would call them champions. You've got to give credit where credit's due.

i agree... but as stupid as it seems... for record keeping purposes they are listed as co-champs... the real place it matters is the seeding for district and that, without any dispute, belongs to DB as the number 1 seed. So, hats off to DB and SHHS for winning 13 and losing 3... double props to DB for giving SHHS 2 of those 3 losses.

I have to agree with you on that one. If both teams had the same record and split during the regular season I would call them co-champions but with the exact same records and a sweep by DB, you have to call the Indians Big 9 CHAMPIONS!!! For the record, if it were Science Hill with the sweep, I would call them champions. You've got to give credit where credit's

I see your point, but that is why everybody in a conference plays each other twice. If DB would have taken care of business and won one more conference game then their wouldn't be any question. As it is they both lost 3 so yes, they are co-champions. DB is rewarded for their efforts by being seeded 1.

I also have to say Congratulations to both DB and Science Hill for a great season, but I must add that this thread is a perfect example of why DB fans get the rap that they do. DB no doubt finished on a strong note, but unfortunately for you your record reflects the entire regular season not just the end. Your record for that season is 10-3....the same as the Hilltoppers. So yes you ARE Co-Champions of the Big 9 conference...deal with it. The District tournament is in a way a new season and you Will have an opportunity to clarify your point, but for now can't you just give credit where credit is due. Science Hill played through the same competition as you did and have the same record as you do...so Co-Champions...you are, and that is what the record will always reflect for the 2006 Big 9 season.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:03 PM) 826372368[/snapback]

I also have to say Congratulations to both DB and Science Hill for a great season, but I must add that this thread is a perfect example of why DB fans get the rap that they do. DB no doubt finished on a strong note, but unfortunately for you your record reflects the entire regular season not just the end. Your record for that season is 10-3....the same as the Hilltoppers. So yes you ARE Co-Champions of the Big 9 conference...deal with it. The District tournament is in a way a new season and you Will have an opportunity to clarify your point, but for now can't you just give credit where credit is due. Science Hill played through the same competition as you did and have the same record as you do...so Co-Champions...you are, and that is what the record will always reflect for the 2006 Big 9 season.

Just because a few DB fans think the Indians should be named "outright" champions doesn't mean every DB fan thinks so. So no, this is not a "perfect example" of why DB gets the rap that they do. You look for reasons to jump on DB's case because you hate DB. Its that simple. Move on, its not a big deal.