District 7AA, MVP and Coach of the Year

LA Wildcats

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Team:

Holly Compton (Macon), Lashay Davis(Upperman), Molly Eacret(York), Kacie Ferris(Smith), Chelsey Taylor(Upperman).

2nd Team:

Rachel Brown(York), Courtney Clark(Macon), Karissa Dyer(Upperman), Katelyn Gregory(Macon), Jennifer Maynard(Upperman).

3rd Team:

Kindra Kilgore(LA), Jada Ledbetter(LA), Beth Massey(Smith), Megan Simmons(Upperman), Mallie Stephens(LA).

Hats off to all these young ladies and their team mates for a season well played.

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ Feb 13 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826371020[/snapback]

1st Team:

Holly Compton (Macon), Lashay Davis(Upperman), Molly Eacret(York), Kacie Ferris(Smith), Chelsey Taylor(Upperman).

2nd Team:

Rachel Brown(York), Courtney Clark(Macon), Karissa Dyer(Upperman), Katelyn Gregory(Macon), Jennifer Maynard(Upperman).

3rd Team:

Kindra Kilgore(LA), Jada Ledbetter(LA), Beth Massey(Smith), Megan Simmons(Upperman), Mallie Stephens(LA).

Hats off to all these young ladies and their team mates for a season well played.

Where is Allison West? She is the hardest playing player in the district. If she isn't 1st team all-district, then there is no 1st team all-district!

i knew this would happen -- we do not agree with all the choices

it is a tough district ----- several teams could have realistically had five or six players on the first team --- and they know who they are ---

but we can vent -- i won't name names - i don't like doing that --

but there are other girls in the district who put up much, much better numbers than the girls whose names are not on there -- yet their teammates are on there -

some on the list did not play as much as other teammates whose names are not on the list ---- for various reasons -- nor did they start all season, as other girls with better stats -- again,whose names are not on the list

and i often think there is a lean towards "seniors" in some of the questionable spots on the three team all district accolades --

awards are nice -- but those whose names are not on here, you know who you are -- and you know if you had a good season ---- i say keep up the good work, for yourself above all -- and then for your team !

still -- i wonder how the coaches vote? do they just sit in a room and talk? is is blind vote by ballot? do they chat and say "if you vote for my girl then i'll vote for your girl" -- you get the picture

just wondering if you all have an insight

congrats to all !!! it's tourney time !! good luck to all there as well !!

QUOTE(WannaBLikeBeech @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826371452[/snapback]

The Overton County News reported Alison as being 1st team and on the all defensive team.

then would that mean six made the first team? -

hey thanks =--- was not aware of an all defensive team ---

who made freshman of the year -- several from which to choose

thanks

if your implying that ferris or davis should have been mvp, well then good try, heres why i think ferris didnt get it, 1. matthews is better overall ballplayer 2. when your 6'8" shouldnt you be better than the other 6' tall girls in the state? 3. when your 6'8" you should be expected to lead the state in scoring and be on up there in blocks and rebounds when you play 6' tall girls

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826371482[/snapback]

if your implying that ferris or davis should have been mvp, well then good try, heres why i think ferris didnt get it, 1. matthews is better overall ballplayer 2. when your 6'8" shouldnt you be better than the other 6' tall girls in the state? 3. when your 6'8" you should be expected to lead the state in scoring and be on up there in blocks and rebounds when you play 6' tall girls

no doubt --- matthews is a good player and her team will miss her when she leaves -- i don't think anybody implied ms. matthews was not deserving -- nor was it implied kayci is better -- they are two totally different kind of players -- and yes, matthews is more all an all around good player --- she also has several more years of experience --

king 21 -- respectfully, i think you should not assume --- as you said in your pose " if you are "implying" ---- unless someone posted a particular name then one should not assume --- in my opinion

to my knowledge, there is only one other six foot player in the district --- and from what i heard, kayci played well against her --- so not sure where you are coming from - but you certainly have the right to your opinion

why should she lead the state in scoring simply because she is six eight? that makes no sense, with all due respect

kayci is way up there on blocks and rebounds -----

i'd need to check with the school's stat keeper to make for sure -- but they are high

i think what folks are saying is that kayci was "valuable" to her team -- that's all -- for some of us posting, we felt she was a viable candidate, as another post was comptom for macon --- as the two girls performed consistently and really impacted their team ---

that's what folks mean --

I for one have never felt that all tourney, all conference, and the like should be awarded to individual players participating in team sports. In football, it takes all 11 players on both sides of the ball playing together to be successful. In basketball, it takes all 5 members working hard on both ends of the court to do well. Being successful and doing well does not necessarily mean a W at the end of the game. This may sound corny to some but, It's walking off the field, court, etc. knowing that, "We have given it our very best!" Sure, it's great to win, but as in the game of life, we all have to deal with the elation of big wins, but also the heartbreak of tough losses. I certainly realize that there are players that have more ability than others on a team, but the most prolific scorer must have a teammate pass them the ball in order to score(in most cases), and the best defensive player must have teammates that know how to play help-side or weak-side coverage. It's takes a special individual having the desire, the determination, and the discipline to want to be a part of a team and not as concerned about what "me" can do, but more focused on what "we" can do. I will close by wishing all teams memorable and injury free play in the tournaments.

QUOTE(66wildcat @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826371410[/snapback]

Where is Allison West? She is the hardest playing player in the district. If she isn't 1st team all-district, then there is no 1st team all-district!

the person who wrote that made another huge mistake ---

yes -- allison is on first team --- there were six on the first team, not five

congratulations to all

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826371788[/snapback]

the person who wrote that made another huge mistake ---

yes -- allison is on first team --- there were six on the first team, not five

congratulations to all

the person that wrote that is a older gentleman who doesnt take kindly to idiotic people replyin to his posts, i wouldnt try to strike his nerves, or he may strike back, and about your opinion thing, i have mine too, and ferris does not impress me at all, because she is that tall she should be in the top of everything, find me a girl her size, and then argue...that my friend, is a fact