Tiger Classic (Athens, TN)

JustBeingNosy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826414856[/snapback]Midway 5 McMinn Central 2, Bledsoe 7 Seymour 2, Meigs 2 Johnson Co. 1, Seymour 9 Johnson Co. 0, Meigs 4 Bledsoe 3, Sequoyah beat Sale Creek but not sure of the score. Kingston 3 Polk Co. 0.

Sequoyah 6 Sale Creek 1, not happy but true.

QUOTE(CREE @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826417536[/snapback]Will someone please tell me why McMinn Co. High School does not participate in this tourn.? Instead they travel to Hendersonville to play in a tourn. Doesn't make too much sense.

That is a wonderful question. They have been asked over and over to come play in it but seems they would rather go to Hendersonville.

QUOTE(JustBeingNosy @ Mar 20 2007 - 07:41 AM) 826418259[/snapback]That is a wonderful question. They have been asked over and over to come play in it but seems they would rather go to Hendersonville.

its pretty simple and not to take away from the other teams but they dont play in there classification during the season so why play now.you have to go where the competition is.sorry just the facts.

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826418411[/snapback]I would have picked Notre Dame and a couple of others there to beat McMinn County. Hendersonville is a good, tough tournament but there are others McMinn could have gone to later.

You are right.There is a couple of teams that could beat them but you have to play the teams you will play later on in the year.For McMinn its the Clevelands/Soddys/Rhea Countys of the world.

QUOTE(rcatbiddle @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826418427[/snapback]You are right.There is a couple of teams that could beat them but you have to play the teams you will play later on in the year.For McMinn its the Clevelands/Soddys/Rhea Countys of the world.

To be honest every team that played in the Athens tourney would have beat McMinn this year. They lost their "season opener" to a team not in their class by a score of 32-0. It also seems if they want to "play" teams in their class then they would not have Tyner, Brainerd, and Howard on their schedule. If they would rather travel that is fine but stop using they need to play better teams as an excuse to not play in Athens.

QUOTE(rcatbiddle @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826418427[/snapback]You are right.There is a couple of teams that could beat them but you have to play the teams you will play later on in the year.For McMinn its the Clevelands/Soddys/Rhea Countys of the world.

There were 12 teams that played in Athens that would beat McMinn, and none of them are in their "classification."

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:37 AM) 826418513[/snapback]To be honest every team that played in the Athens tourney would have beat McMinn this year. They lost their "season opener" to a team not in their class by a score of 32-0. It also seems if they want to "play" teams in their class then they would not have Tyner, Brainerd, and Howard on their schedule. If they would rather travel that is fine but stop using they need to play better teams as an excuse to not play in Athens.

Well i for 1 have been in softball for along time and have never seen a softball game that had a 32-0 score and if it did happened who ever let it go on needs to be fired.And if you had read my post instead of getting bent out of shape no where did i say that the teams in the athen tourn were not any good.and if you enjoy softball games that have a 32-0 score then to my point thats the reason you stay away from those type of tournaments....they they...they,,,,they.