Big 9 All Conference

wkktnvolsfan

The Lady Indians finish with a 19 - 10 record, and that's not terrible. The Big Nine is not the strongest it has ever been, but they finished third. And you are right, the girls from Sevier are pretty good, they've got a post that was at least 5'-9" as a 6th or 7th grader. Back to D-B, losing Sabra Lawson will hurt them next year, but Blaine Frolich is going to be a force over the next few years.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wkktnvolsfan @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:39 AM) 826368364[/snapback] Who is Player of the year? All Confernce? All Defensive Team? Underclassman?

Back to the topic:

My All Big 9:

Danielle Montgomery - TH

Johneshia Good - SH

Sabra Lawson - DB

Holly Nickles - Boone

Nakita Jones - TH

2nd team:

Megan Caldwell - Boone

Tara Tranum - TH

Blaine Frolich - DB

Natalie Pickwell - SS

Jordan Douglas - SH

honorable mention:

Whitney Moody - SC

Jaimee Hill - SH

Caroline Deakins - Boone

Emma MacMillan - SH

Autumn Gillis - Boone

Ashton Kaylor - TH

QUOTE(CoachC47 @ Feb 14 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826371558[/snapback]

Joneshia Good all the way....Montegomery is good but Joneshia does more for her team. I do think Montegomery will get it just because THS finished ahead of SHHS.

The only thing that stopped Sabra Lawson was her coach! She carried not only the team but the coach!! They continued to take L's against any team that would press. Lawson was one of the best ball handlers on the team, but never touched it during a press. Why have they not been anygood for 10 years? Lets see, what is the constant in this problem? It starts with F and it is not feeder program? Good head coaches find a way to develope feeder programs. Why is it Lawson is the only Sr to play 4 years at DB? One transferred and another one had enough. Again, the answer starts with F. Female athletics is not a priority at DB unless it is cheerleading or dance. They never will be. Put lawson on THS or SHHS there would be no question who the best player is. PS The Big 9 doesnt need South Geeenes girls basketball coach!!!

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Feb 14 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826371760[/snapback]I would go with Montgomery, only because she carries her team, whereas Good has more help. Heads up I think it would be a toss-up.

I think that this post is about who the best player is overall, not who has the most help. A great player is a great player, no matter who else is on their team. Put Michael Jordan on a team with all stars and he is just as good as he is without anyone. Johnesha Good is a stand out, reguardless of what help she does or does not have. Not to say that Montgomery is not a excellent player, but you are underestimating her team mates, last time I checked she has a few team mates that are pretty good themselves, not to mention a D1 signee. Good is an unbelievable athlete and judging purely on the basis of the best player, reguardless of her supporting cast, you would have to go with Johnesha. You can't tell me that you would pass up a chance to have her on your team if you could.

QUOTE(imag @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826379154[/snapback]I think that this post is about who the best player is overall, not who has the most help. A great player is a great player, no matter who else is on their team. Put Michael Jordan on a team with all stars and he is just as good as he is without anyone. Johnesha Good is a stand out, reguardless of what help she does or does not have. Not to say that Montgomery is not a excellent player, but you are underestimating her team mates, last time I checked she has a few team mates that are pretty good themselves, not to mention a D1 signee. Good is an unbelievable athlete and judging purely on the basis of the best player, reguardless of her supporting cast, you would have to go with Johnesha. You can't tell me that you would pass up a chance to have her on your team if you could.

She didn't do much against D.B. Indians when the Indians went to the Hill. She may be good, but from when I have seen her she isn't the best player in the Big 9. Plus I don't think that T.High has a true D1 signee. She may have signed, but I don't see her being real productive on that level. I think that Montgomery can take a game over at any time and do what she needs to do. I have seen her create shots and score. Johnesha did not do that when they played D.B. Indians nor the Greeneville Lady Devils. If she would have taken over in those games then you might have a different outcome.

QUOTE(imag @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826379154[/snapback]I think that this post is about who the best player is overall, not who has the most help. A great player is a great player, no matter who else is on their team. Put Michael Jordan on a team with all stars and he is just as good as he is without anyone. Johnesha Good is a stand out, reguardless of what help she does or does not have. Not to say that Montgomery is not a excellent player, but you are underestimating her team mates, last time I checked she has a few team mates that are pretty good themselves, not to mention a D1 signee. Good is an unbelievable athlete and judging purely on the basis of the best player, reguardless of her supporting cast, you would have to go with Johnesha. You can't tell me that you would pass up a chance to have her on your team if you could.

I think that this post is about which player is "most valuble" to her team. The point I was trying to make was not about the help, but the fact that her help makes her look better. Of course I would want Johneshia Good on my team, but if I could only pick one, I would pick Montgomery. And greenevillefan is right, if you're referring to Tranum, I would rather have Kaylor.

How about the Ladyblazers in the conf. tour. final . They finally put it all together and are playing as a team , I knew they had it in them and they sure showed up at the right time. A conf. tour final victory would elevate this team. I sure am proud of them and can't wait for the game tomorrow it will be a good one if you remember Boone had a 16 point lead late in the 2nd. half the last time they played and got beat because they couldn't beat the press and got their post player in foul trouble maybe they have learned something

I was not taking anything away from Montgomery, I was simply saying that if you have followed Good throughout the season, you would know that she is a definate top contender, if not the best, in the big 9. She not only plays big and makes a difference within her own scoring, passing, and defense, but when she is on the court, her entire team feeds off her. She can change the game and create shots on her own. Not to say that she is always a perfect player and in fact, like anyone else, she has off nights, but she is a great player and with continual growth as an athlete she will demand attention from everyone in the big 9 in the comming years. She is a great player and leader, and an even better person. Whether everyone realizes it yet or not, she will go places and you have to give her credit where credit is due.

As far as tranum and D1, I wasn't agrueing whether she really was a true D1 player, I was just saying that Montgomery has a support staff that helps her alot...

Nakita, Ashton, and others that help her in big ways when they need to. She has help making her "look good" too.

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826374340[/snapback]The only thing that stopped Sabra Lawson was her coach! She carried not only the team but the coach!! They continued to take L's against any team that would press. Lawson was one of the best ball handlers on the team, but never touched it during a press. Why have they not been anygood for 10 years? Lets see, what is the constant in this problem? It starts with F and it is not feeder program? Good head coaches find a way to develope feeder programs. Why is it Lawson is the only Sr to play 4 years at DB? One transferred and another one had enough. Again, the answer starts with F. Female athletics is not a priority at DB unless it is cheerleading or dance. They never will be. Put lawson on THS or SHHS there would be no question who the best player is. PS The Big 9 doesnt need South Geeenes girls basketball coach!!!

Let's set the record straight DBWATCHDOG. The only thing that made Sabra look good was the COACH. For 4 years he has designed his whole offense for her to score. She owes him a lot for making her look better than she is. Lawson also is NOT the only senior to play 4 years at DB. Did you forget Jill Childress?? Put Lawson on THS or SH and she might average 8-10 points a game if that. Her game consists of catch it on the block, then turn and shoot. That's it. At THS or SH she might of been lucky to start or even be on the team with her wonderful attitude. Lawson is not the best player in the conference and not even the best player on her team!!! I would take Blaine any day over Sabra because she is a more complete player, Offense, Defense, and Rebounding. Without Tori getting the ball up the court DB would have taken several more L's this year. Don't get on here and try to blame DB's problems on the coach. Basketball is a TEAM game and when one player tries to be more than the team there will be problems. I saw it for 4 years. Let's see if they do better next year without her. I bet they do.

Montgomery is the Player of the YEAR!!!!

Let's set the record straight DBWATCHDOG. The only thing that made Sabra look good was the COACH. For 4 years he has designed his whole offense for her to score. She owes him a lot for making her look better than she is. Lawson also is NOT the only senior to play 4 years at DB. Did you forget Jill Childress?? Put Lawson on THS or SH and she might average 8-10 points a game if that. Her game consists of catch it on the block, then turn and shoot. That's it. At THS or SH she might of been lucky to start or even be on the team with her wonderful attitude. Lawson is not the best player in the conference and not even the best player on her team!!! I would take Blaine any day over Sabra because she is a more complete player, Offense, Defense, and Rebounding. Without Tori getting the ball up the court DB would have taken several more L's this year. Don't get on here and try to blame DB's problems on the coach. Basketball is a TEAM game and when one player tries to be more than the team there will be problems. I saw it for 4 years. Let's see if they do better next year without her. I bet they do.

[/quot

The D.B. Indians will need to improve at the point in order to contend for a Big 9 championship. Their current point guard can not go to her left. If she does then her head is down and she can't see to pass the ball. I think this is something that can be worked on and developed before next season.

QUOTE(terolico @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826380621[/snapback]Let's set the record straight DBWATCHDOG. The only thing that made Sabra look good was the COACH. For 4 years he has designed his whole offense for her to score. She owes him a lot for making her look better than she is. Lawson also is NOT the only senior to play 4 years at DB. Did you forget Jill Childress?? Put Lawson on THS or SH and she might average 8-10 points a game if that. Her game consists of catch it on the block, then turn and shoot. That's it. At THS or SH she might of been lucky to start or even be on the team with her wonderful attitude. Lawson is not the best player in the conference and not even the best player on her team!!! I would take Blaine any day over Sabra because she is a more complete player, Offense, Defense, and Rebounding. Without Tori getting the ball up the court DB would have taken several more L's this year. Don't get on here and try to blame DB's problems on the coach. Basketball is a TEAM game and when one player tries to be more than the team there will be problems. I saw it for 4 years. Let's see if they do better next year without her. I bet they do.

WRONG! For the first several years on offense she would come out to the foul line and set picks. She even stood in one place spinning to set picks never moving down low until after a shot. I dont think Jill played varsity all 4 years. "Getting the ball up the court"...only when there wasnt a press!! You still didnt explain why 2 starters left, as well as, why DB has been so bad for 10 years? (Lawson has only been there 4) DB should be more competitive and it does start with the coach! As far as your bet, I'm sure you took the Bears. Easy money! Go play your gameboy!

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826380690[/snapback]WRONG! For the first several years on offense she would come out to the foul line and set picks. She even stood in one place spinning to set picks never moving down low until after a shot. I dont think Jill played varsity all 4 years. "Getting the ball up the court"...only when there wasnt a press!! You still didnt explain why 2 starters left, as well as, why DB has been so bad for 10 years? (Lawson has only been there 4) DB should be more competitive and it does start with the coach! As far as your bet, I'm sure you took the Bears. Easy money! Go play your gameboy!

WRONG AGAIN WATCHDOG!!!!! First 3 years get the ball to Sabra, run a play for Sabra, etc. etc. Who did she set screens for??? No one else scored much so there weren't many screens set. 5 freshmen were on varsity Sabra, Danielle, Jill, Autumn, and Christine. I don't know why they left!!! Personal choices I suppose. Your knowledge of the game is a little scewed, Sabra was not the answer to breaking presses. I will say I am not and never will be a fan of Coach F. but he let Sabra score more and play more than most coaches would have. She spends too much time looking to the stands for mommy and daddy to keep her head in the ballgame. Are you the president of her fan club? Good luck to her if she plays college ball. With or without a new coach, things will be better next year. If things were bad for 10 years it's a little late to correct it now. Girls sports in general take a back seat to the boys that's just the way it is. At DB, East, Volunteer, Central, SH, East, Crockett, THS, and South the only ones who care for the girls sports are the girls families and closest friends. Can I borrow your Gameboy?????