10AA

Spurrierfan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spurrierfan @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826380667[/snapback]Ive heard about Loretto's nice field. What are the other fields in the district like?

Giles Co. has a real nice field , Marshall Co. infield is nice but outfield rough, Page has a hill in leftfield, Lewis Co. has a good field nothing special and Spring Hill has the worst field in the district infield rough outfield rough and don't drain very well.

You're right, tradition does matter. Marshall has the best coaches in the district and possibly the best in the mid-state. Giles is able to battle anyone when they play any defense at all because the bobcats can always put runs on the board. Loretto does have two great arms, one being out indefinetly, with an ok offense and no defense besides Buttrum and Glass (also Gobble when he pitches). Spring Hill will be somewhere in the mix, coming off of a up-and down season last year. Page, well I can't predict since I thoght they'd be at the top last year, with a ton of seniors. And Lewis County will have to earn their respect, but I do see that program on the rise. This should be a interesting season, with lots of parity, talent, and hopefully one team from this district will make it to the tourne.

QUOTE(Spurrierfan @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826382985[/snapback]I dont know who they are. Are they parents?

I cant understand why Spring Hill isnt better in all sports. With all the building out there, they should have some good athletes there.

Page was gutted once again by the new school, Indepedence. It happened when Centennial opened in the late 90s (3 all district players at Centennial actually came from Page their Fresh & soph years) and most of the young players moved again this time to Indepedence. Indepedence will have a pretty good AAA team and several of their players would otherwise be at Page. Page has a 2-3 year rebuilding program in all sports due to this.

QUOTE(Spurrierfan @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826382734[/snapback]It seems like people are taking Marshall County based on tradition and Lentz. Loretto seems to have two good arms. Who does Giles have that makes people want to put them in the top of the district? Why are Spring Hill, Lewis County, and Page at the bottom? No talent, bad programs, etc...

Giles Co. has pitchers Rob Holley and Clay Sanderson and Kelby Sutton along with hitters like Sam Edgmon, Josh Perez. If they can find a catcher it would be nice. They have a Wells kid has a good bat but needs to improve on defense and throwing arm before he can take over behind the plate.

Page is young with only 3 returning Seniors, and a Junior and Sophomore class that was mostly JV players last year. So they are definitely rebuilding. If Hughes is on he is very tough to beat, But that is only one arm for the back to back games. The new coach Is Nathan Brown. He is young, believe he played college ball at Trevecca. Been coaching a good summer travel team, and may have come from a high school in Lebanon. Tell me if that is not right. I think he will do a good job. He just needs to be tough with all the young players he has.

Giles Co.'s main pitcher should be Holley, after seeing him pitch this summer against some good Ju Co teams. Sutton will be another to throw in the mix. Holley, Edgmon, Laxson and Perez should be the hitters, Laxson being a bunt-n-run guy. Defense will be the key.

Marshall will have the dominating defense, with solidarity in Nance, Linz(whether in center or on the mound), and their coaches(whether in the dug-out or on the field nit-picking with an ump.) Offense will be the living or dying point for this team.

Loretto's probably has the best one-two punch with Gobble and Glass. Buttrum is the only returning infielder from last years squad. We'll see what Coach Lamb pulls this year.

Page will be alright, although I'm not as impressed with Hughes as some of you are. Losing Bowling definately hurt the Patriots, who to me, will survive shoot-outs, but not pitching duels this season.

Spring Hill is still building I believe, with a new coach this season. I believe he may show up his dad a little bit this year. With fielders in Dunn, Walker, and the tall kid(help me out with his name), the Raiders should scrape several wins this year.

Lewis is finally turning it around, glad for their coach and players, because it hasn't been easy for them the past few years. Good luck to them this spring.