Ronnie Carter

bear cat brown

Dear Ronnie Carter,

May I call you Ronnie? I guess for today, I will use Mr Carter. First let me introduce myself, I’m Bear Cat Brown III, the son of Bear Cat Brown Jr and father of Bear Cat Brown the IV. This past weekend, in between my niece’s wedding and reception I skirted up to Cleveland to catch the 112lb Region Finals between the beast from Cleveland and the animal from Bradley.

First let me back-track. Several weeks ago I had mentioned to 2 very intelligent men I’ll call them BayouVol and WalkinBear that I was going to go video the before mention wrestlers, and with no hesitation they both said that it was in the rule book that you could not do this, so I passed up the match because I trusted in them that their knowledge was correct, Cause Ronnie, they be a whole lot smarter than the Bear.

Well another smart man who reads documents and by-laws and gets paid the green stuff to do it, said that ,I could video those two, but only for my personnal veiwing( no Coaches)

I said are you sure, cause if I go up there and they think I’m a dirty rotten cheater, it could get ugly for old BCB. He assured me that indeed it was OK.

Well as I stated, I was in-between a wedding and a reception so my attire was not your typical Sat afternoon wrestling clothing ( unless you’re Harry). I say this so that the people that are upset with me, know that I didn’t come in with a black Bradley T shirt on trying to blend in and secretly video which I could have.

About half way thru the 3rd period I noticed two rather large men coming my way. They said that it was against the rules for me to video this match and that I needed to turn in my film. I told them as to the conversation that I had with my Lawyer friend from the firm of Harrison, Lennon, Starr, and Mcartney. , but they weren’t to impressed. Then a Bradley assistant coach also joined in the conversation and he was not happy with me either. I guess I was still pretty calm until Coach Eslinger sprinted up to join in. I tried to explain but I guess this wasn’t a good time.

I finally went down and talk to the Legman and told him that if I was wrong that I would erase the match and never watch it. He said that was good by him. Walking back up, I stopped and talk to Coach Morris and he said, why don’t you erase the match now, cause BCB you were told wrong.

So I did without hesitation, then left the gym. I was still fine with what I had done until the papa of one of the boys came up to me, I told him that I had erased the tape. He had a look of disappointed in me and that bothers me, cause this is a good man and I value his opinion of me.

Ronnie, I’ve had some help in researching this matter and it looks as if I was correct. I’m not throwing this in anyone’s face, I just want the people that felt some disappointment in me, to know that I was on the up and up.

If my understanding of the by-law is not correct please let me know. There is another document that I don't have my hands on, but hopefully one of my smart friends will help me out.

TSSAA Wrestling Handbook

General Regulation

1.B

Thank you

bcb

ps Why can't we have a double elimination tournament?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bear cat brown @ Feb 12 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826368815[/snapback]

Dear Ronnie Carter,

May I call you Ronnie? I guess for today, I will use Mr Carter. First let me introduce myself, I’m Bear Cat Brown III, the son of Bear Cat Brown Jr and father of Bear Cat Brown the IV. This past weekend, in between my niece’s wedding and reception I skirted up to Cleveland to catch the 112lb Region Finals between the beast from Cleveland and the animal from Bradley.

First let me back-track. Several weeks ago I had mentioned to 2 very intelligent men I’ll call them BayouVol and WalkinBear that I was going to go video the before mention wrestlers, and with no hesitation they both said that it was in the rule book that you could not do this, so I passed up the match because I trusted in them that their knowledge was correct, Cause Ronnie, they be a whole lot smarter than the Bear.

Well another smart man who reads documents and by-laws and gets paid the green stuff to do it, said that ,I could video those two, but only for my personnal veiwing( no Coaches)

I said are you sure, cause if I go up there and they think I’m a dirty rotten cheater, it could get ugly for old BCB. He assured me that indeed it was OK.

Well as I stated, I was in-between a wedding and a reception so my attire was not your typical Sat afternoon wrestling clothing ( unless you’re Harry). I say this so that the people that are upset with me, know that I didn’t come in with a black Bradley T shirt on trying to blend in and secretly video which I could have.

About half way thru the 3rd period I noticed two rather large men coming my way. They said that it was against the rules for me to video this match and that I needed to turn in my film. I told them as to the conversation that I had with my Lawyer friend from the firm of Harrison, Lennon, Starr, and Mcartney. , but they weren’t to impressed. Then a Bradley assistant coach also joined in the conversation and he was not happy with me either. I guess I was still pretty calm until Coach Eslinger sprinted up to join in. I tried to explain but I guess this wasn’t a good time.

I finally went down and talk to the Legman and told him that if I was wrong that I would erase the match and never watch it. He said that was good by him. Walking back up, I stopped and talk to Coach Morris and he said, why don’t you erase the match now, cause BCB you were told wrong.

So I did without hesitation, then left the gym. I was still fine with what I had done until the papa of one of the boys came up to me, I told him that I had erased the tape. He had a look of disappointed in me and that bothers me, cause this is a good man and I value his opinion of me.

Ronnie, I’ve had some help in researching this matter and it looks as if I was correct. I’m not throwing this in anyone’s face, I just want the people that felt some disappointment in me, to know that I was on the up and up.

If my understanding of the by-law is not correct please let me know. There is another document that I don't have my hands on, but hopefully one of my smart friends will help me out.

TSSAA Wrestling Handbook

General Regulation

1.B

Thank you

bcb

also what about adding a girls division onto the current state tournament now. As in having girls wrestle guys all year long then break it dont into 4 section regions (memphis, nashville, knoxville, and chattanooga) have either top3 or 4 go, then have them wrestle between the D1, D2 or throw them in on one mat or something. This would not only bring in more money for the sport of wrestling but would have another athletic program onto the current TSSAA sports. With girls wrestling up and growing and tennessee wrestling not as big as other state i believe girls wrestling can put tennessee on the map with there own division....

this would also make girls want to play something other than, soccer, XC,basketball, cheerleading, track, tennis, lacrosse, swimming, and i think thats all... this would bring more opportunities to Tennessee and the south area of the US

QUOTE(bear cat brown @ Feb 12 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826368815[/snapback]

Dear Ronnie Carter,

TSSAA Wrestling Handbook

General Regulation

1.B

Thank you

bcb

Why did you go without protection? You could've been killed. Where was Harry when the atrocity was commited.

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Feb 12 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826368842[/snapback]

Why did you go without protection? You could've been killed. Where was Harry when the atrocity was commited.

Dear BCB, After reading the BRB mystery and your ability or lack there of to figure out who BRB is had me suspicous that the ol elevater of yours was not quite hitting the top floor. Now that I know you went to Bradley County(without protection) to tape potential opponent's for that fine son of yours, it leads me to think that you don't have an elevator. Please tell us you had consumed a whole case of pepsi before you went on this suicide mission. Did your daddy, who is a great guy,drop you on your head when you were little? I always thought those 2 boys got their good looks from their momma, I know now that the common sense came from her too.

If this was legal why aren't more people doing this across the state? I don't care what your lawyer says, this was wrong. Chances are, if you have to ask a lawyer if something is ok, it isn't. We all know right from wrong and i think you do too. As you have always seemed like an ok guy I will just assume this is the actions of an overzealous father. I have two sons myself and the world looks different when I am watching them interact in it. Also, if you thought it was ok, why were you in the top corner of the bleachers? Why not on the front row, which was very vacant? Making a mistake is one thing but trying to make it seem ok is pushing it. Videoing a kid that you are competing against is unethical. Period. I don't care if 100 lawyers say it's ok. Thats like asking if a politicain is truthful. If we all told the truth and did the right thing we wouldn't need lawyers. Accept the fact you made a mistake and lets move on but please don't insult us by sayng that you were right. Oh yea, I almost forgot, Coach Eslinger was up the stairs before I was. BTW- I had to borrow a screen name, as that I don't have one. Thank you and goodnight.

Chad Laxton

QUOTE(Trouble Maker @ Feb 12 2007 - 03:27 PM) 826368888[/snapback]

Dear BCB, After reading the BRB mystery and your ability or lack there of to figure out who BRB is had me suspicous that the ol elevater of yours was not quite hitting the top floor. Now that I know you went to Bradley County(without protection) to tape potential opponent's for that fine son of yours, it leads me to think that you don't have an elevator. Please tell us you had consumed a whole case of pepsi before you went on this suicide mission. Did your daddy, who is a great guy,drop you on your head when you were little? I always thought those 2 boys got their good looks from their momma, I know now that the common sense came from her too.

There is no BRB mystery, Raider76 has fessed up to that one. But there is a TM mystery, but if i'm correct, he's in tight with BRB

bcb

QUOTE(drmedulla @ Feb 12 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826368891[/snapback]

If this was legal why aren't more people doing this across the state? I don't care what your lawyer says, this was wrong. Chances are, if you have to ask a lawyer if something is ok, it isn't. We all know right from wrong and i think you do too. As you have always seemed like an ok guy I will just assume this is the actions of an overzealous father. I have two sons myself and the world looks different when I am watching them interact in it. Also, if you thought it was ok, why were you in the top corner of the bleachers? Why not on the front row, which was very vacant? Making a mistake is one thing but trying to make it seem ok is pushing it. Videoing a kid that you are competing against is unethical. Period. I don't care if 100 lawyers say it's ok. Thats like asking if a politicain is truthful. If we all told the truth and did the right thing we wouldn't need lawyers. Accept the fact you made a mistake and lets move on but please don't insult us by sayng that you were right. Oh yea, I almost forgot, Coach Eslinger was up the stairs before I was. BTW- I had to borrow a screen name, as that I don't have one. Thank you and goodnight.

Chad Laxton

Coach I just wanted to know what the rules are. Is that unethical ? I will assume that people always were told that it was against the rules, that's why they secrectly video opponents. As far hiding in the corner , I was sitting with some Ooltewah wrestlers. Heck , I went around talking to BB WG and the Dude and his family, so no I was not hiding. This so called rule is an old wive's-tail, that needs to be buried. I have all the respect for Coach Logsden and your Bradley program and have stated that in this open forum. Am I trying to insult your grey matter, no Coach I'm just telling the public that yes you can video for your own personnal use. That's it.

Tommy Boone

QUOTE(Herm @ Feb 12 2007 - 03:57 PM) 826368940[/snapback]

Perfectly legal, you don't need Whiskey Joe to interpret this:

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/wrestling.pdf

Sounds like a lot of "Hair-splitting" going on. BCB saying he was taping for "private" use and not "School" use. It's in the rule that another school will not be allowed to tape unless its wrestler is involved.

He must have just missed the part about getting approval from the Game Director.