10-AAA

ut18vols

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossview has a nice team and really gives HC match-up problems...and Kenwood shot the fire out of the ball the night they played HC. HC didn't even really play that bad, but Kenwood just played really well.

Hooper is giving the Pats what they need inside, but it's like the Patriots forgot how to score. They have gotten away from running offense in stretches and they have let people back into games because of it.

Yes they have lost 5 in a row.(Clarksville, Springfield and 2 at the buzzer)... but no excuses...just time for a change!

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826371777[/snapback]

Rossview has a nice team and really gives HC match-up problems...and Kenwood shot the fire out of the ball the night they played HC. HC didn't even really play that bad, but Kenwood just played really well.

Hooper is giving the Pats what they need inside, but it's like the Patriots forgot how to score. They have gotten away from running offense in stretches and they have let people back into games because of it.

Yes they have lost 5 in a row.(Clarksville, Springfield and 2 at the buzzer)... but no excuses...just time for a change!

i have been to a couple of these loses and it appears to me that the intensity on defense is not what it was earlier in the year, thus they are not getting as many points in transition. i actually think HC's half court offense has been better the last half of the season, just haven't been able to make the shots.

i'll say it again, a confidence boast will do wonders for these kids, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later - like friday night. GO BIG RED!

BTW - i've always wondered what was meant by "matchup problems". if there are matchup problems on one end, should it not be a matchup problem the other way at the other end?

QUOTE(triplethreat_00 @ Feb 14 2007 - 04:22 PM) 826371777[/snapback]

Pats were scoring 67 points per game the first 21 games this year. Starting 7 games ago they started a slide in the DCHS game. The last 7 games they are averaging 50 ppg. That is huge drop off. D is playing better in the last 7 games giving up 54 ppg vs 58 ppg in those first 21 games.

All the teams have players under weather this time of year, probably effecting all squads. Maybe the other teams Defense have picked it up a notch like HC has. Coach and players have a couple of days to reenergize and figure out what is wrong on offense before Friday, cause 50 ppg at tournament time won't get you far in 3A.

Need a loud crowd Friday.

QUOTE(butter-bean @ Feb 14 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826371806[/snapback]

i have been to a couple of these loses and it appears to me that the intensity on defense is not what it was earlier in the year, thus they are not getting as many points in transition. i actually think HC's half court offense has been better the last half of the season, just haven't been able to make the shots.

i'll say it again, a confidence boast will do wonders for these kids, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later - like friday night. GO BIG RED!

BTW - i've always wondered what was meant by "matchup problems". if there are matchup problems on one end, should it not be a matchup problem the other way at the other end?

Maybe the second time around the other teams are adjusting better to the pressure. Need a WIN and then a ROLL!

When I have thought about matchup problems it was always in 1 maybe 2 areas because if it is anymore than that it is a mismatch. Maybe BTW can explain so we can look for Friday.

QUOTE(watcher16 @ Feb 14 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826371997[/snapback]

the district is going to be a good one.... Anyone can win these games coming up except for Kenwood beating Clarksville... we all know that its not going to happen.

Clarksville over Kenwood 80-53

Dickson over springfield 45-41

Henry over Rossview 65-55

Northwest over Northeast 58- 52

Watcher I hope that your predictions are more like prophesy because a Dickson County win over Springfield would be nice. I think that the NW over Northeast is a little far fetched because I really like NE but you never know. I'm just hoping for a BIG RED victory Friday night!!

I feel that dickson will sneak up and win that game. If they get the lead in the 4th they will hold the ball and that will be all she wrote. now with your story saying its far fetched with northwest beating northeast... the 2 teams are pretty much even. Northwest won the 1st match up and the 2nd match up northeast won.. it will be the best game to watch for the 1st round