who goes to state in A

always a dawg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(orange27 @ Apr 12 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826435951[/snapback]Friendship Christian..enough said.

I don't think Friendship is a lock for State! Nothing against Friendship Christian, but according to FCA's schedule--Columbia Academy has beaten them twice (with a "very young" CA team). No one should come close to Trinity.

TCA should have a much easier route this year, due to the overrall competition in "A" being down! They basically have the same team that was fortunate enough to be handed the state title last year. Most of the teams that were powerful last year (Columbia Academy, Summertown, Forrest, etc.) are "very young" this year. Cornersville is no exception. There are several teams capable of beating larger schools when their game is on--including all of the above mentioned (as evidenced by each of their schedules)--but most of TCA's potential rivals at State are young, make mistakes often, and prone to lose games they shouldn't (and have).

TCA's district/region virtually assures them a pass to state tournament. The majority of their team plays club ball, which is an obvious plus. Whichever other team makes it to face them, will be a young team that manages to make the fewest errors enroute through the play-off process. It could be one of a handful. Other than TCA, there is no other stand-out team that is likely, at this point.

It should be easy for them to repeat. It's TCA's to lose!

First of all, Friendship is not a young team. They have four seniors, three juniors, and two sophomores starting in the infield. They are a very talented team, and most of them also play travel ball. I've seen Trinity and Friendship play on many occassions, and I definitely think the state title is up for grabs either team who shows up to play. Both of these teams are very good..It all comes down to who wants it...

QUOTE(pigpen874 @ Apr 12 2007 - 11:35 PM) 826436421[/snapback]When was the last time a public school won the state in A?

How dare you ask such a question!! Don't you know all the private numbers were multiplied so they wouldn't dominate 1A anymore. What?? You mean they are still winning in 1A. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seriously, it really looks like it is TCA's to lose. They are that good. However, in my opinion the best competition for state tourney births will come from Regions 5 and 6. There ought to be some great region and sectional games involving CA, Cornersville, Summertown, Collinwood, Forrest, Cascade, and East Robertson. I'm not sure any of those teams can compete with with TCA for the title but whoever makes it thru will have had to earn their way to the tourney. I know there are other good teams out there like Huntingdon, FCA, and Whitwell. The middle just seems more loaded than the other ends of the state, even after the departure of most of the Nashville private schools. Again, just my biased opionion based on scores and past results.

First of all, the only reason that Columbia Academy beat Friendship the second time was because of two bad calls by the umpire (who was the father of last year's star pitcher at CA). Two illegal pitches were called in the 6th inning when the score was tied, and that was how the winning runs scored. Second of all, Friendship has beaten some big schools, including Beech, Father Ryan (twice), Ravenwood, and East Robertson. Friendship also has something that most teams do NOT have. They have amazing softball players, who give a hundred percent all the time and come up big in big games. They want it badly, and if they play like they are capable, they can beat anyone... Yesterday they pounded out 16 hits against Gordonsville, including two homeruns (one over the scoreboard), 8 doubles, and 14 runs. When is comes down to who is going to win state, it's who has got in their heart and wants it bad enough, and I believe Friendship girls want it. We will SEE YOU THERE... /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(orange27 @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826436621[/snapback]First of all, the only reason that Columbia Academy beat Friendship the second time was because of two bad calls by the umpire (who was the father of last year's star pitcher at CA). Two illegal pitches were called in the 6th inning when the score was tied, and that was how the winning runs scored. Second of all, Friendship has beaten some big schools, including Beech, Father Ryan (twice), Ravenwood, and East Robertson. Friendship also has something that most teams do NOT have. They have amazing softball players, who give a hundred percent all the time and come up big in big games. They want it badly, and if they play like they are capable, they can beat anyone... Yesterday they pounded out 16 hits against Gordonsville, including two homeruns (one over the scoreboard), 8 doubles, and 14 runs. When is comes down to who is going to win state, it's who has got in their heart and wants it bad enough, and I believe Friendship girls want it. We will SEE YOU THERE... /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Wow, I don't know what to say. But since I don't have a dog in the fight here go's. First off if you want to get any respect on these boards drop the " we lost this game because of a bad call" and the "someones father was the umpire" stuff. All these teams have "amazing players". They all give 100%. Most can beat anybody on any given day. And finally all of them have pounded someone into submission at some point.

I'm not using the "we lost because of a bad call" statement as an excuse... I'm not a player on Friendship's team, I was just present at the game... Secondly, I'm not replying to earn or lose anyone's respect on these boards. I am simply stating the fact that ANY team can beat ANY team on any given day. It isn't fair or correct to say that Trinity has this state championship to LOSE, or that single A is down this year, or that all of their competition is young because that is not the case... There is definitely more than ONE team who is playing for that title...

Orange,

Your best bet is to not take things written so personally. I don't think anybody thinks that Trinity is going to have it easy; they're just commenting on how good they are. Obviously stating, "Friendship, 'nough said" is going to get some replies. Also two bad calls don't lose the game for you, it's a combination of things that happen in the game. I don't think either of the posters saying that it is TCA's to lose are from Trinity because the girls and fans know they have to prove themselves on the field in order to say that. However, until someone knocks them off, they are the champions, and I hope they can earn the right to say that again once the season ends.

P.S. Wins against teams in pre-season are a lot different from beating them in season, IMHO.

not taking things personally...just defending the team that I support. I totally agree that Trinity is a great softball team, and that in order for us to play with them, or any other great team in single A, we have to bring our "A" game. And you are right, umpires do not WIN or LOSE games... Games are won and lost by a combination of reasons... Good luck to ALL single A teams competing this year.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="