12A

bigcenter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigcenter @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826397359[/snapback]Mt pleasant usually has alot of talent on their teams. It just seems to me they have a hard time playing together as that team sometimes. If they could get a good team mentality there they could be a very tough ball club.

Maybe thats because the MP coaches RECRUIT from all over Maury Co and Culleoka. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Heck just get Marco to play baseball and the Tiger will win district easily..............now thats funny. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(WCHS_Wildcats_#2 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826395922[/snapback]Wayne Co. is much improved this yr..this is the best we have looked in my 4 yrs of High School..mainly due to our 10 seniors and..we will have at least 6-8 seniors starting(as of right now).. New Head Coach Rick Rice who has put us thru some great workouts everyday and really concentrates on a team effort..our weakness in the past has been Hitting and Pitching depth..we have at least 10 solid pitchers this yr along with about 4 JV pitchers so the pitching depth is there like NEVER before for us..our hitting is taking time, with every practice we seem to be getting stronger..theres no doubt S'town is the front runner in this District with Ivey but the fight for there back will be a real scrap between Us Mt. Pleasant and PC..from wat ive heard PC is improved alot also..but one things for sure this yr is going to be very competitve all the way down the district!

What happened to WC, two losses in a row to PC! Looks like Rice didn't do you much good. Great job, Vikings.

QUOTE(PCVikingbaseball7 @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:50 PM) 826395598[/snapback]Yes we do have the big guy back. His name is Chris Graham, I don't know when you saw him pitch but he has had more than one pitch since he was 12 years old. We should have a good team this year, not just a decent one. We only lost two players from last year and return our Jr. SS who missed all of last season with a broken arm and played every inning as a freshman in 2005. We will start 3 Sr., 3 Jr., 3-4 Soph. with all of them seeing plenty of playing time as Freshman last yr. This team has work hard this year to be the best team in the district. But only time will tell. None of these guys play basketball which PC is known for. They only care about Viking Baseball.

Yes, the team is looking good; we have gotten off to a great start, and hopefully will continue to get better. But don't start about the players only caring about baseball. Granted, most of the baseball team only plays baseball, but you can play more than one sport and still excel. Three is probably a little much, although Calvin & Forrest played all 3 their senior years; but I think football and baseball or basketball and baseball either one are good combinations. It's the basketball coach who doesn't want any of his players to participate in any other sports. You don't even want to get me started on that subject! If you want my opinion (which you probably don't) some of those baseball players should be playing football too. Chris Graham is a prime example. He was a great football player. Don't really know why he quit playing.

QUOTE(GreenMan @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826409089[/snapback]Maybe thats because the MP coaches RECRUIT from all over Maury Co and Culleoka. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Heck just get Marco to play baseball and the Tiger will win district easily..............now thats funny. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You laugh but you tell the truth. Marco was one heck of a short stop when he played and the teams he played on won the majority of their games.

QUOTE(GreenMan @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826409089[/snapback]Maybe thats because the MP coaches RECRUIT from all over Maury Co and Culleoka. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

By the way I hate to hear about all the guys quitting the C'wood baseball team. I hope they don't regret it.

I heard collinwood's coach who is new had a fight with some players who i think were starters and they decided to quite. i heard it was like 4 or 5 of them. please anyone with more info correct me if im wrong. who did collinwood loose as far as seniors last year besides stokesbury(sp.)

QUOTE(viking_fan @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:04 PM) 826411919[/snapback]Yes, the team is looking good; we have gotten off to a great start, and hopefully will continue to get better. But don't start about the players only caring about baseball. Granted, most of the baseball team only plays baseball, but you can play more than one sport and still excel. Three is probably a little much, although Calvin & Forrest played all 3 their senior years; but I think football and baseball or basketball and baseball either one are good combinations. It's the basketball coach who doesn't want any of his players to participate in any other sports. You don't even want to get me started on that subject! If you want my opinion (which you probably don't) some of those baseball players should be playing football too. Chris Graham is a prime example. He was a great football player. Don't really know why he quit playing.

I did not say they should not play more than one sport! It's just most of these guys only play baseball. If they want to play two sports I would support them 100%.

QUOTE(Tigerforever @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826409485[/snapback]OK greenman who plays on MP's team from all over maury co? No one that's who. So go cry me a river somewhere else.

You obviously need to do some catching up. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Thats was a bit of Greenys sarcastic humor. DUH. It was a throw back to people saying MP recruits because of the Cully players who play football at MP because of Culleokas lack of a football team.

(I miss the "Thumbs up" smiley)

Heres the scoop on the Collinwood situation..........

Jessop Dixon had argument with Coach Reeves during practice and decided he didnt want to play for him. Jessop didnt seem to enthusiastic about playing after Mikie Hunt was told he couldnt play (by his doctor) because of a heart condition so I guess the Coach thing just topped it all off. There was a another senior who hasnt played HS ball who dropped out before the season started. The team has one senior now. This is his first year of HS ball.

Collinwood is very young this year. They will win some games. They are behind the whole senior situation and focused on moving forward and having fun.

Go Trojans!!!

QUOTE(MPTigerT @ Mar 16 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826414159[/snapback]You laugh but you tell the truth. Marco was one heck of a short stop when he played and the teams he played on won the majority of their games.

Why doesnt he play baseball?

No doubt he could lead the state in SBs. He wouldnt even have to bat or play defense, and could make a huge impact on the team, not to mention the Leadership aspect.