How good is Oakland?

Icy

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826369834[/snapback]

Are they legit to win the title in AAA?

I think so, their record isnt by accident. They have a chance just like the other 5-6 contenders for the gold ball. Oakland has been playing some of its better ball as of late since that loss to LaVergne, largely because of the improving play of Jaffarious Wade, when he is able to score 15-20 a night, it makes Oakland very tough to beat.

Traditionally, Oakland has played at their best when they go with the halfcourt tempo and can run their offense, but this team doesnt discriminate, it seems to do pretty well in the halfcourt or in the up-tempo, although Oakland has had problems when teams try to slow it down, certainly has worked better than trying to run with Oakland.

There have been more talented Oakland teams, but not ones with this combination of good defense, size and scoring ability. I think what sets Oakland apart if they consistently bring it on defense and they throw some big bodies at you, they have 4 guys 6'5 or taller that play. By no means is Oakland the favorite, but I think you have to seriously look at this team as one of the teams that could give Raleigh Egypt a run for their money. But district havent even started, so Oakland has to keep on plugging away if they hope to make it to the glass house

QUOTE(Icy @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826369834[/snapback]

Are they legit to win the title in AAA?

Yes they are legit. Oakland is a very good team that has a great chance to win state. The win the other night convinced me even more. They have great players in Chaisson Allen and Jaffarious Wade and alot of role players that are keys to victory. They have been playing good ball lately and I think that they have a very good chance this year