8AAA All-District

reiko

QUOTE(bballrocks @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:45 AM) 826374547[/snapback]

I am not a parent of this young man and i have no kid involved in that school. Am I biased for this young man? You bet I am. He has a heart of a lion and an attitude of a winner. And it shows.

When one of his players is out of line he will jerk them up and get it straight.

Rights, I have all the rights in the world to complain. This is america and this is still a free country. So if I want to get on here an express my frustration to all the other coaches in the district about how an mvp should be, other than how many points are scored, then i will.

If that is what an mvp is then it should be a lock on who gets the award next year. he will be from shelbyville, and they will dominate again!!!!

Actually Robbys parent works twelve hours a day at the nursing home and does not have time to come watch her son give an MVP performance everynight. So dont ever say parents are on here complaining just b/c you know your guy didnt deserve it

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dreed313 @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826374620[/snapback]

Actually Robbys parent works twelve hours a day at the nursing home and does not have time to come watch her son give an MVP performance everynight. So dont ever say parents are on here complaining just b/c you know your guy didnt deserve it

cass's parents have seen him play at all and thats because they're no longer in the world

plus cass had to get his family out of there house before it burned down so i don't want to hear anything about family hardships or who's a better kid off the court

now you can slam me all you want but i won't let anybody kick a defenseless kid around

the time it takes to you write this post you could come and try to help the kid out

i have friends in shelbyville and if you of there kids was in trouble i would be over there trying to help that kid out and not writing on a stupid message board what he or she did or didn't deserve

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Feb 16 2007 - 03:36 PM) 826374858[/snapback]

cass's parents have seen him play at all and thats because they're no longer in the world

plus cass had to get his family out of there house before it burned down so i don't want to hear anything about family hardships or who's a better kid off the court

now you can slam me all you want but i won't let anybody kick a defenseless kid around

the time it takes to you write this post you could come and try to help the kid out

i have friends in shelbyville and if you of there kids was in trouble i would be over there trying to help that kid out and not writing on a stupid message board what he or she did or didn't deserve

Exactly!! Cass is a great young man!! and the name of the award: MVP stands for most valuable player if u wasnt aware of that! and cass is definitly deserving of this reward! it is for the person that is most valuable to his team! where would shelbyville be without robbie? they would still b sitting at the top of the district! where would tullahoma be without cass?? my point exactly! am i saying that the award last year was given out wrongly? of course...shelbyville would have still been great without either dequan or barry...where would coffee county have been without micah? am i saying that micah was the best player in the league? no, i believe the best player in the league last year won mr. basketball!! but the name of the award isnt player of the year...its mvp!!

Thanks!

First of all I am not a parent and seconf this aint got nothing to do with what goes on off the court so dont start saying that it does because it abosolutley has nothing to with that. Obviously Cass has had to go through his share of difficulties off the court, so has Robby. With all that said there is no getting around that there was an injustice done here. I dont care what you say and what the argument MJUHB when the game is between the lines Cass did not deserve the award, Robby did. Case closed/ And no you are wrong scbad24 SCHS would not have had the kind of year they have had without Robby.

MVP means different things to different people. There's always debate on this subject, especially from this district. Usually there are more than one deserving person for this award. This is a good thing.

I don't believe a player such as Williams or Barnes should not be considered because they did not play on a championship team.

Just because you have the best team does not mean you have the best individual players.

The two from SC last year were obviously talented and deserving of the district recognition as was Williams and is Barnes.

The coaches voted for the honor, I would believe that they were the most qualified to judge........not biased fans.

ok, I do not talk on here much although i regularly get on here to read others opinions on several topics because i find it interesting and sometimes amusing. There are certain topics that should be debated and there are some topics that shouldnt. Just like there are certain things that should be said on this site and there are some things that shouldnt. This debate about who the mvp should be could go on for days and noone will ever change their mind on who they believe should have received the award. and this debate is a good one and is definitely acceptable. I am from tullahoma and played a few years ago so of course i am going to say cass deserves the award. I don't know who this rowland player is and i have never seen him play this year but i am sure he is deserving as well. It is unfortunate that deserving players have to go without this award but thats just the way it is. I am not going to argue about this award bc i am not knowledgable on how players performed throughout the year bc i am not around the area anymore. So congratulations cass, and i am sorry that rowland did not receive the award also. With all that said, what is unnacceptable is to specifically call out a player and say that he did not deserve to be on the all district team. and i usually don't call people out but wingman, exactly what was your reasoning behind that?? do you think it was necessary or even appropriate to single out a player and say he was not deserving? no, your comment was gauche(or socially unacceptable since your vocabulary probably doesn't know the meaning for that word). You could have easily said that you believe that there was a player that did not deserve to be on the team instead of calling his name directly. Remember, although many people get worked up about discussions on here, these players are still kids; and they are kids just trying to play to the best of their ability. Noone has any right especially you wingman to get on here and ridicule a player directly. and it seems to me that this is not the first time you have made a negative comment on this player. Like i said i am from tullahoma and follow them on here so i see the comments that are made about them and you have negatively referred to this player on more than one occasion. If you have a personal thing against him then it is not appropriate and honestly sad to bash him on here. He is just a kid. Your comment was one that should not have been made so next time before you single out any player whether he is from tull, shelb., FC, CC, LC, Columbia, or any other team remember that these players are kids and you have no right to single any of them out in a negative way. and if you are an adult it is honestly sad that you have not learned that by now. (sorry so long everyone)