Unaka losses to HV?Is Snavely killing the program?

RangerFan77

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826372952[/snapback]

UNAKA RANGERS

If you think you are beaten, you are.

If you think you dare not, you don't.

If you think you'd like to win, but you think you can't,

it's almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you've lost.

For out in the world you'll find,

success begins with a fellow's will.

It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are

You've got to think high to rise.

You've got to be sure of yourself,

before you can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go,

to the stronger or faster man.

But sooner or later the man who wins,

is the man who thinks he can.

That first line pretty much sums it up for Unaka basketball. Well, the first lines in the second and third stanza do as well.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826372745[/snapback]

My deeds are very clean thank you. You really need to stop with the trailer park thing because I really don't think any of the ball team lives in a trailer and if they did I am sure they are not ashamed of it. I’m not. You are not being honest especially if you think that God would want you to play these games and put down people because of where they live. Is this part of your rehabilitation? To lash out at others or to throw blame around? Druggie, Alcoholic, pedophile they, are all the same things no different. The kids on the basketball team do not do drugs and there is nothing about them that needs cleaning up. And if they did need cleaning up, it darn sure wouldn't be from you. It’s the hate you are spreading. Why don't we just leave that to the Iranians’? You really sound like you need to go back to that anger management class for the sixth time. You are good for two weeks and then you blow. As far as the GOLD BALL goes, it is not only in every ones trailer it is in their hearts forever. This is the last time I will reply to you because you are not worth it. If you get in the mud to wrestle with a pig only the pig enjoys it and you get dirty. Have at it and throw all the mud you want, I will not reply to you on here again.

P.S. You will not get your alliance because the kids of Carter County do not have the hate that you have and will be friends on and off the courts and fields.

I have no dog in this fight but I have to agree with the king somewhat here , I have seen you complain about everything from refereess and hard hits (clean hits) to cheerleaders and P.A. announcers after a big loss. You may be the poorest loser ever to post on coacht. It is nice however to see you supporting your team when everyone else is ragging on players and coaches , it's not there fault when they lose it's the ballboy from the other team who throws out the wrong ball in play that causes those loses

QUOTE(RANGER87 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826372799[/snapback]

There's not a coach in the country who could take 15 years away from the game and step right back in and not miss a beat. He's been back for a whopping 4 months. 4 months. Does anyone here honestly believe that they could be doing any better? Why do people feel the need to place blame? Whether it's with the coaches or the players, it's no ones place. It's between the coaches and the team. It's easy to show maturity and good character when you're winning, but it takes a real man to maintain his good character when times are hard. This is high school basketball, important yes, but not so important that anyone has a right to slander the participants who I might add have not posted ANY replies to any of these threads. To their credit they remain silent and play on. They're better men than any I've read from on here.

I Agree.....good post.

QUOTE(FormerCteamPresident @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:44 PM) 826372995[/snapback]

Look at the coach of Hampton's Lady Dawgs. Mr. Leon Tolley, was the 1983 state tournament MVP. Also Mr. Willie Malone was the MVP in 1960. That's Hampton (2), Unaka (1).

Unaka's 10 year run has been quite impressive.....dozens of wins and a gold ball. But to say Hampton "...hasnt ever had nowhere near the talent as unaka has had in basketball"... that my young friend, may be the most "jerked out of my a**" comment I have ever heard.

To answer your question as to who may stack up to Tyler Mcann (I'll name 5 off the top of my head) ....

Mr. Tolley

Mr. Malone

Jerry White

Mark Henry

and maybe the best ever: Milburn Ellis

Excellent post. I didn't forget the others, I was only replying to the utterly stupid statement that was made in the original post. There has been no shortage of phenomenal players at HHS over the years, and now the talent seems tobe going in an upswing once more. All I can say is, 'Bout Time! Maybe we can get the winning going again like it used to be. I know these things go in cycles, so jopefully we can look forward to better times for HHS basketball.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Feb 15 2007 - 06:00 PM) 826373397[/snapback]

Excellent post. I didn't forget the others, I was only replying to the utterly stupid statement that was made in the original post. There has been no shortage of phenomenal players at HHS over the years, and now the talent seems tobe going in an upswing once more. All I can say is, 'Bout Time! Maybe we can get the winning going again like it used to be. I know these things go in cycles, so jopefully we can look forward to better times for HHS basketball.

Not to tak anything away from Willie Malone, he was a great player, but he wasn't the MVP in 1960.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 14 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826371626[/snapback]

The Rangers don't need to worry about politics. If the parties involved wanted to push hard enough, then the coach would have been punished. Evidently, they have let it go, so you should do the same. The creekers have enough demons in their closets to worry about instead of cleaning out everyone else's. If you can't keep it about sports, then take it somewhere else. The Big Blue Alliance will no longer tolerate the bashing of our coaches.

Not sure which post this comment is in reference to. I was not talking about the coaches at hampton in fact I like mark. I was refering to the move last year to 1a from 2a.

QUOTE(H-Town34 @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:49 AM) 826372575[/snapback]

woman, i didnt say anything negative about snavely i took up for him if anything. and who are you to say who has a christian heart and who dosent, i think that statement tells a little bit about your character. a woman like you dosent have any room to tell me or the king to grow up, you could do a little bit of growing up yourself your kids act older and more mature than you do, and i have no idea where they learned to act their age... it sure wasent from you... go cook something!

I think you have not understood anything I have said or maybe I said it wrong. I do not blame the kids yes they do try but look into their faces at the next time game and you will see their dismay. They are tired of lossing and they no longer think they can win with the current system. All you have to do is talk to them and you will see. At no time have I meant to say anything personal about the coach. All I want is for him to see what his system is doing to the kids and the program. It is impossible to talk to him in person he does not hear what you are saying or at least it seems that way, they also get mad and take it out on the kids.

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826372952[/snapback]

UNAKA RANGERS

If you think you are beaten, you are.

If you think you dare not, you don't.

If you think you'd like to win, but you think you can't,

it's almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you've lost.

For out in the world you'll find,

success begins with a fellow's will.

It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are

You've got to think high to rise.

You've got to be sure of yourself,

before you can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go,

to the stronger or faster man.

But sooner or later the man who wins,

is the man who thinks he can.

Great post. I agree 100%. Why don't the coaches stress this. I have never heard anything possitive come out of their mouth. Just negitive crap and name calling. I overheard one player telling someone after a loss that the coach called some of them scum. I am not sure if that really happened or not but if it did how do you expect them to have a possitive attitude

QUOTE(rangerparent @ Feb 15 2007 - 08:03 PM) 826373454[/snapback]

Great post. I agree 100%. Why don't the coaches stress this. I have never heard anything possitive come out of their mouth. Just negitive crap and name calling. I overheard one player telling someone after a loss that the coach called some of them scum. I am not sure if that really happened or not but if it did how do you expect them to have a possitive attitude

I will make a prediction that Unaka will win on friday against North Green. I beleive the loss to happy valley has given them something to play for. If Snavley will coach them in a possitive way, they can beat UH on sat. They almost beat them in the 1st meeting this year. If unaka wins this week end look out big blue alliance. I will also appoligize to the coaches if that happens. For I am a true ranger fan and have been for longer than most of you kids have been on this earth.

QUOTE(Landshark @ Feb 14 2007 - 04:44 PM) 826371814[/snapback]

IN REPLY TO RANGERPARENT:

You are STUPID and IGNORANT TOO! You do not have a clue. Coach Snavely is responsible for bringing PRIDE to the Stoney Creek Community. It would be this way this year no matter who was coaching. I'm sure you are an angry parent that never played for this program, who has no clue what it is about and the history. Probably just mad cause the coach got on "little johnny" to much or maybe they did the right thing and ran "little johnny" off or benched him. Let me tell you something... and I quote.. "a program is NOT built on one season or one player, it is built on multiple seasons. The coach did the right thing, but because he did the RIGHT thing the team and coach's have suffered this season. They had 11 players that could play at the start of the season, 6 out of 11 are gone, 4 due to disiplinary problems and 2 to injury. It is easy to point the finger when you lose, but no one can win all the time. In Coach Snavely's defense he has had a tough time and bad luck this year and also took over less than a month before the season started, but he is a good coach, teacher, and man...I know because I played for him....he made a man out of me and a lot of other people. And on top of that no coach has ever had a gymnasium named after him that was not an exceptional coach.

Second, Roper is a good HIGH SCHOOL player, but he is not college material. His game is not complete in every aspect. No disrespect to him, he has done well considering the circumstances this year. Nex Coach Minton has done well, but he is young and still learning, he will be a really good coach one day. It is very easy to become frustrated with the Rangers this year, I am...I am a true Ranger fan that bleeds maroon, but the program is in good hands even though they have stunk this year. We will be back on top.

You are really in a state of confusion arn't you. I don't think you have been to a game this year. Yes he was a great coach in that time. That time is long gone. He is a good man and I aploud his handling of the 2 senior players he kicked off the team after Christmas. I do wish it had been done at the 1st of the year or even last year. I cannot recall who the other 2 were for disiplinary reasons. Buy your count that leaves 5 players that don't add up. The last game I counted 8 players on the bench. I did not count the freshman they moved up a couple weeks ago. As for your second point Roper has not had the opertunity to show his ability because of the possition he has been forced to play. Roper is a great 3 point shot but he is also pretty darn good underneath I have not seen him under the goal much this year. 3 pointers are great but they will not win games consistantly, you have to have a inside game. We have not had one this year.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf  
    • The administration took the path of backing the coach and whispering to people that the kid was a problem. The reality is that the kid was never a problem on a team or classroom. The player says she has witnessed who back her not saying the f-word.  Why did the coach make that story up and other stories? I am not Sigmund Freud and do not have an answer for the ex=-coach's behavior..  
    • I think they have they coach they want close to being done. I guess we will all see how this plays out. I hope the hire a good one. There are some players in the box for the next coach to work with. 
    • Going to grundle Troy Fleming?
    • I agree I don't think it will go to trial either, but I feel like that will be because no judge would deem this to warrant a law suit... If the school board settles, they loose and all coaches and schools loose too.