Unaka losses to HV?Is Snavely killing the program?

RangerFan77

How can Unaka take a Loss to Hv?Hv is the worst team in the region right now.Honestly Snavely has no idea what he is doing because u just dont get beat by HV because the reffs or becasue u have a bad night shooting.He has got unbeliveable talent with andrew church and brandon roper as two of the best shooters in the county. The program has went way down hill since Snavely took over and it dont look like its gonna change anytime soon.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RangerFan77 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826370831[/snapback]

How can Unaka take a Loss to Hv?Hv is the worst team in the region right now.Honestly Snavely has no idea what he is doing because u just dont get beat by HV because the reffs or becasue u have a bad night shooting.He has got unbeliveable talent with andrew church and brandon roper as two of the best shooters in the county. The program has went way down hill since Snavely took over and it dont look like its gonna change anytime soon.

unbelievable talent? haha you make me giggle. church has not done anything all year. roper and lewis were the only two players they had and lewis is gone now. if you would have asked me at the start of the season on how unaka would do this year, i would have said that they will finish 4th in the conference. hampton, university high, and cloudland clearly have better teams. the rangers barely have mediocre talent. but there is no excuse for them to get beat by happy valley. HV has far, far below mediocre talent. i cant even name a single player on happy valley's team, no frickin joke...

I never thought I would say this and it kills me to but truthfully King does have a right to bash Unaka on this one as does every other fan on this thread. There is so many things wrong with Unaka's program right now if I was Unaka I would bring someone in who is new and is willing to change the system but I dont see that happening because the creek is to ignorant to make changes outside there so called "SYSTEM" well reality check it's not working.

For one Snavely nor the rest of his staff know how to make adjustments offensively or defensively. Any coach with common sense can realize you dont have the depth or personal to press for a full 32 minutes. Yes it is ok at times but when you have 2 seniors and basically a Junior Varisty team out on the floor there are things you can do and you can not do.

Everytime I watch Unaka play no matter who they play its the same defensive scheme every time no 2-3 zones no 1 2 2's god forbid lets make an adjustment everynow and then instead lets do what Unaka has done in the past and live or die by man to man and press even though truthfully they only have 6 actual players who can play.The offense is just as worse they have no clue about x's and o's its catch the ball and shoot there inside game is as weak as you can possibly get Happy Valley just basically drove to the basket anytime they wanted, got easy layup entries anytime they wanted it and Unaka turned the ball over time after time after time.

I agree Unaka does not have the talent they have had in the past but there is no exuse as bad as Unaka is for them to lose to a 2-21 ball club that is probably has one of the top ten worse records in the state of Tennessee. All I can say is I am glad I am not from Stoney Creek right now because I have a feeling the basketball fans arent to happy at the moment and I dont see it getting any better.

So does anyone think there will be a coaching change at the end of the season or will Unaka finally let its program drop to an all time low? Wouldn't be surprised if they lost the play in game this week.

QUOTE(rangerparent @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:20 AM) 826371078[/snapback]

If this coaching staff is still in place next year, I do not believe there will be a single junior or senior on the team. The players are fed up with the head coach and most of them with the assistant. coach Minton. The one good thing is the other assistant. coach. (Dannial M) I think he has done an excellent job and should be commended. The problem with Snavely is he has been out of the game to long. He does not know how to coach todays game. All of the players say they cannot understand him "he makes no since" He is unable to comunicate with them and most of the time he does not even know who is in the game. He only knows maybe 2 offensive plays and it don't take long for the opposing team to catch on.I think he meant well when he took the teambut he has proved that he is not capable of running the program any longer. The sad thing is we have 2 talanted seniors on the team that with the right coach could have had a shot at sometype of a scholarship, excuss me I have been advised that maybe Church will have a shot in baseball , thats great. What about Roper? Brandon is one of the best shots in the region and plays with great heart, but because of the coaching situation and the problems with this program I am told he does not care if he plays anymore. There are some very talanted 10th and 11th graders here also, not sure if some of them will ever play again because of the way they have been treated. The 11 graders on this team have had 3 different head coaches and many more assistant coaches, how do you expect to gain any type of consistancey with this many coaching changes. How did we get to this level in such a short period of time. This is the state this team finds itself in. I think it is time we as parents and true fans stand up and tell the school board that enough is enough, we want a new coaching staff in place before school is out for the summer if not before. If the current staff had any school pride or cared anything about the kids they would resign today. I believe we could find someone to finish out the postseason.We need to have a new staff in place by the end of this year or we will have the same problem next year. Snavely I do not have anything against you personaly, but I beleive your time as a coach has come and gone, please do what is right for the school but more importantly the kids.Excuss the spelling and gramar as you can see its very late and I am somewhat upset.

I hope so. We are in bad shape, this year is gone maybe we can look foward to next year. It has been a great 10 year ride. Its time to get to work and fix our problems and rebuild the team starting with the coaches. Who would be available any sugestions. How about Arron Dugger I would like to look into that a little more. I was told he graduates in May. I have been told he wants to come to Unaka. I know the current players all like and respect him. Thats a lot more than I can say for our present coaches. Dannial we are not talking about you. I think you have done a good job and I hope you will stick with us.

QUOTE(nosebleedsection @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:10 AM) 826371075[/snapback]

I never thought I would say this and it kills me to but truthfully King does have a right to bash Unaka on this one as does every other fan on this thread. There is so many things wrong with Unaka's program right now if I was Unaka I would bring someone in who is new and is willing to change the system but I dont see that happening because the creek is to ignorant to make changes outside there so called "SYSTEM" well reality check it's not working.

For one Snavely nor the rest of his staff know how to make adjustments offensively or defensively. Any coach with common sense can realize you dont have the depth or personal to press for a full 32 minutes. Yes it is ok at times but when you have 2 seniors and basically a Junior Varisty team out on the floor there are things you can do and you can not do.

Everytime I watch Unaka play no matter who they play its the same defensive scheme every time no 2-3 zones no 1 2 2's god forbid lets make an adjustment everynow and then instead lets do what Unaka has done in the past and live or die by man to man and press even though truthfully they only have 6 actual players who can play.The offense is just as worse they have no clue about x's and o's its catch the ball and shoot there inside game is as weak as you can possibly get Happy Valley just basically drove to the basket anytime they wanted, got easy layup entries anytime they wanted it and Unaka turned the ball over time after time after time.

I agree Unaka does not have the talent they have had in the past but there is no exuse as bad as Unaka is for them to lose to a 2-21 ball club that is probably has one of the top ten worse records in the state of Tennessee. All I can say is I am glad I am not from Stoney Creek right now because I have a feeling the basketball fans arent to happy at the moment and I dont see it getting any better.

So does anyone think there will be a coaching change at the end of the season or will Unaka finally let its program drop to an all time low? Wouldn't be surprised if they lost the play in game this week.

No, Snavely's not killing the program. We lost. Brandon Whitehead had a big game in his last game on his home court. You can't take that away from him. It's been a tough year no doubt about it. This ain't the pros though, it's high school. You don't go around making demands about changing coaches like ESPN. It is what it is. If Aaron wants it I'm sure he'll get it in time and will do well. Causing more of an uproar right now at the beginning of the districts won't help the team at all. Saying it's over and done before we've even started the tournaments doesn't help either. When it over and they've played their last game then whine, but at least save it until then. Roper's getting some new shoes today, so he's just liable to pour in about 30 a game now. Publicly running down the coaches is not a solution.

Hey nosebleed, there's room on that bench. How about you go down there at the next game and dazzle everyone with your expert coaching abilities. It's alot easier to coach from CoachT than it is from the sidelines.

QUOTE(THE KING @ Feb 14 2007 - 06:25 AM) 826371105[/snapback]

50-48

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!! This is hysterical!! I cannot believe how great this year has started. I've never enjoyed coacht this much, until now. Every school in the county now owns the former state champs. I would have loved to see the look on Rangerbooks face after this one. Forgive me, people, the new has not wore off yet. The King and his honeymoon with the demise of Unaka basketball!! This is great. Now that the Big Blue Alliance is in total control of Carter County, we will set out to assert our complete domination of Unaka in all athletics. Our alliance is going to wipe Unaka off the face of the map. Who now has the power to face the King and the union of the Big Blue Alliance!! Whoooooo!!

beyond the bad coaching and bad officiating excuses that youall always seem to make up. did it ever occur to you creekers that maybe you all just arent good enough to beat happy valley?... why do you people who know nothing get on here and talk about what the coach is doing wrong, like you have the knowledge to criticize someone who has been coaching longer than most of youall have been alive... and who ever was praising the assistants more than the head coach has got to be on them good stoney creek drugs because the head coach is all that unaka has going for them right now, no not the assistants... maybe unaka's players just wont listen to snavely. why dosent that excuse ever come up, it's always the coachs fault; never your own kids always somebody else. a coach can only do so much... i know for a fact that snavely knows how to win games. however, what few players unaka has dont have the talent, desire or leadership to win...

QUOTE(H-Town34 @ Feb 14 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826371232[/snapback]

beyond the bad coaching and bad officiating excuses that youall always seem to make up. did it ever occur to you creekers that maybe you all just arent good enough to beat happy valley?... why do you people who know nothing get on here and talk about what the coach is doing wrong, like you have the knowledge to criticize someone who has been coaching longer than most of youall have been alive... and who ever was praising the assistants more than the head coach has got to be on them good stoney creek drugs because the head coach is all that unaka has going for them right now, no not the assistants... maybe unaka's players just wont listen to snavely. why dosent that excuse ever come up, it's always the coachs fault; never your own kids always somebody else. a coach can only do so much... i know for a fact that snavely knows how to win games. however, what few players unaka has dont have the talent, desire or leadership to win...

was that one person talkin about mccinturf being a good coach or minton?

Announcements