Hermitage Springs

tiggerbaby

To all whom have ever played basketball at Hermitage Springs High School, I would like to say, Thank You ! Thank you for all the good, high spirited and memorable games we played with you. We, at Clarkrange High School, know what it is like being from a small school, and I just hope we never have to face what you all are facing right now. I know you will all have some very good memories of your high school years there. Let me tell you, of all the years I have been playing and going to basketball games, Hermitage Springs ALWAYS has the BEST food at your concession stand. THANK YOU ! Good luck to all of you at Clay County High School next year.

I won a hermitage spring pee wee boys tourny with pickett co. back when I was back in 6th grade, which capped off our perfect season. I made a trip to hermitage springs every year I was in high school, most if not all of those games weren't gonna be close, the only reason I made that long track across three counties for the last three years of my high school years was for that wonderful consession stand. More schools should take a hint from hermitage springs, and help out there consession stand. I sure hope clay co. gets the people that were responsible for that consession stand. Thank you for the memories.

I am from nearby Red Boiling Springs and I absolutely hate to see Hermitage Springs High School go away. I never went to school there...but I know several people who went there and several who live in that community. It hurts to know that it is finally going to happen. We have battled consolidation here in Macon Co. in the past as well and we surely know it's a sensitive subject. If any of the students want to come on over to Red Boiling Springs...I know it would be much closer for travel time and our athletic programs would love to have you!

The Hermitage Springs girls team I have to say show the best sportsmanship I have ever seen. The girls on the basketball team no matter always played thier heart out regardless of what the records show. From start to finish they are a class act and will be missed. Good luck to you all no matter where you finish your high school years at.

There aren't enough students to move Clay County up to AA. There are around 100 students at the HS high school and around 260 - 275 at Clay County.

I wish the best for all the students at Hermitage Springs. My husband and I helped coach the softball team for 6 or 7 years. Most people don't really understand the atmosphere of that school. Sure, they have their problems, but it's a very special place. I've been to very large schools in Indianapolis, and finished high school at Hermitage Springs. I wouldn't trade all the extra curricular activities and opportunities that I had at the larger school for the friendships and respect that I felt for the students and staff at Hermitage Springs. Sometimes there is more to learning about life than sitting in a class room. I learned about respect and friendship for people of all classes.

Hermitage Springs students, you're number 1 in my book!

Hermitage Springs has had some very great teams in past years and the seed

of pursuing excellence (no matter what the won-loss record) has been planted in the hearts of these students and student athletes. Yes, it is difficult to see a high school close, but may this community use their energies and attitudes to positively impact the future for the students, student athletes, families, coaches, teachers, and fans.

Remember Romans 8:28, "All things work to the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose."