• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JCHSblindrefson @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826372862[/snapback]

well thats good hopefully he can bring home the gold again

does anyone know if Jake Young won or not in his quarterfinals match

He is looking like the stud of the tournament so far and may not allow any slip ups again!!

QUOTE(JCHSblindrefson @ Feb 15 2007 - 07:09 PM) 826373512[/snapback]

i hope he wins b/c he beat Robbins who is my teammate that deserved a state title

The seeding for 171 was terrible, IMHO. Granted Young did not win his region, but that should not deprive him of all seeding criteria. Seems like a ridiculous course of action, and may have cost Robbins a state finals appearance, at the very least. And who knows, he could have even won it because as we saw with the very talented Mr. Young, we all have our off days. However, that all falls into the category of "Coulda', Woulda', Shoulda" like so many other things at the state tournament. I wish him luck in the consolations.

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Feb 15 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826373549[/snapback]

The seeding for 171 was terrible, IMHO. Granted Young did not win his region, but that should not deprive him of all seeding criteria. Seems like a ridiculous course of action, and may have cost Robbins a state finals appearance, at the very least. And who knows, he could have even won it because as we saw with the very talented Mr. Young, we all have our off days. However, that all falls into the category of "Coulda', Woulda', Shoulda" like so many other things at the state tournament. I wish him luck in the consolations.

yeah just cause he lost his finals match doesnt mean he has no talent he should ahve been seeded 2nd so it could have been Robbins in the finals with Young

QUOTE(JCHSblindrefson @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826373556[/snapback]

yeah just cause he lost his finals match doesnt mean he has no talent he should ahve been seeded 2nd so it could have been Robbins in the finals with Young

Hmmmm....this sounds like last year's comments about young and the draw he got......faced the number one seed last year and was sent to the consols.

I am glad to see him in the finals this year.

QUOTE(texas23 @ Feb 15 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826373572[/snapback]

Hmmmm....this sounds like last year's comments about young and the draw he got......faced the number one seed last year and was sent to the consols.

I am glad to see him in the finals this year.

well im glad to see him in the finals too i just wish he would have not wrestled robbins in the second round

the seeding criteria is set for a reason just because someone SHOULD be in the finals or DESERVES to be in the finals doesn't mean they will. if everything was given to these wrestlers then this tournament would be pointless. there are many many guys that SHOULD have won state but never did, due to illness, bad draws, or bad luck. that's life, some great wrestlers never even get to go to state.

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:34 AM) 826374079[/snapback]

the seeding criteria is set for a reason just because someone SHOULD be in the finals or DESERVES to be in the finals doesn't mean they will. if everything was given to these wrestlers then this tournament would be pointless. there are many many guys that SHOULD have won state but never did, due to illness, bad draws, or bad luck. that's life, some great wrestlers never even get to go to state.

If someone are so great then they should win state no matter what kind of draw they get. But still i dont like the way they do it.