Which teams have the best young talent

Laydown

QUOTE(Laydown @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826374544[/snapback]Which teams have the most talented freshmen-sophmores?

Columbia Central has some outstanding talent of underclassmen...if i am correct they have 5 or six sophmores starting,a goalie, three midfield, a defender/sweeper(outstanding), and a striker- three of which started last year...they have three talented freshman that could see alot of playing time this year

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(akula21 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:41 PM) 826389348[/snapback]Alcoa has a few quality young players:

Sam Thompson, Soph

Andrew Mitchell, Soph

Dusty McClanahan, Soph

Adrian Womac, Soph

Derrick Brodus, Fresh

Harrison Powell, Fresh

I am not sure if he has been mentioned yet, but a kid from Catholic named Tyler?????

He is a stud. I think he is a soph.

Tyler Gibson. Tremendous skill and he grew some this past year.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826389839[/snapback]Tyler Gibson. Tremendous skill and he grew some this past year.

Yeah, he is a great player. Last year against us, he was winning headers over much bigger players and even scored on one i think. And he was the smallest kid out there, which made it much more impressive, and kinda embarrassing for our team hahaha.

QUOTE(Laydown @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826374544[/snapback]Which teams have the most talented freshmen-sophmores?

In West TN, look out for the following young players:

Pedro Villegas, Northside

Kurt Kroeger, Crockett County

Artem Slyusarenko, USJ

Cody Mitchell, Jackson Christian

Josh LeNoir, Trinity

Gilbert Leon, Liberty

here at Oakland High

we have alot of new freshman and a new coach

Trevor Horsby Freshman

Austin Hornsby F ( who just came of surgery )

Jeff D Freshan

and we have 2 foreighn exchange students which we added

I personally am a sophmore here at OHS and last year we were

reallly not so good but i can't wait for this year a much much improved

OHS PATRIOTS team /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(lampost_17 @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826395965[/snapback]why doesn't this be categorized by position? just a thought

well mr lampost_17 apparently the person who started this topic didnt want it to be by position, and also there is already a topic thing for forwards, defense and midfield so... haha just messing i'm not sure but just wanted to say David Platillero is one of the new freshmen and is one of the smallest on the team but has some of the best footskills i'v ever seen. So all to say he might surprise some people.

QUOTE(DHS Soccer @ Feb 16 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826374694[/snapback]Midfielder Evan Jones, Striker David grueser and Defenders William Lay and Kyle Youmans will be standouts for dyersburg this year. They are all sophomores and probably 8 out of the starting 11 will be sophomores.

They were regional champions.....right?

QUOTE(Mcbride @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826398682[/snapback]They were regional champions.....right?

We played Dyersburg yesterday (3/3) in the jamboree. David Grueser was very impressive. Uses both feet equally, and his shooting technique is deceptive, very hard to predict what he is going to do with the ball. Made some great crosses, too.