Best guess (Morgan v. Coffey) OUTCOME?

HSDAD

QUOTE(footballwrestler @ Feb 16 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826375126[/snapback]

Morgan beats coffee like a drum

If that is the case, how do we fix the way that the state is seeded or run.

How can we set up the tournament so that this does not happen in the future?

What kind of "Round Robin" format would work? How do the top 6

boys compete to see who is better. It looks like Morgan had what it

takes to be # 2. We will never know! What about a seeding only format

for the state??? Anyone else have any ideas?

I was talking at state with some people and Ive decided a way to have the undisputed 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners.

How to win 1st--like always win your bracket

How to win 2nd/3rd You lose in the finals for 2nd and win the conso for 3rd. Then them two meet one time to decide the who gets 2nd and 3rd, and who then cant have any complaints, he never wrestled this guy, so how do you know that 3rd place was a better wreslter than the 2nd placer. What do yall think about this, Im pretty sure yall have heard this but I figure Id put it on here.

QUOTE(ut18vols @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826376061[/snapback]

I was talking at state with some people and Ive decided a way to have the undisputed 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners.

How to win 2nd/3rd You lose in the finals for 2nd and win the conso for 3rd. Then them two meet one time to decide the who gets 2nd and 3rd, and who then cant have any complaints, he never wrestled this guy, so how do you know that 3rd place was a better wreslter than the 2nd placer. What do yall think about this, Im pretty sure yall have heard this but I figure Id put it on here.

That may be a good idea! Sure would help decide who was 2nd. Any other

ideas out there?

QUOTE(HallsDE#72 @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826382988[/snapback]Frankie would beat Coffey easy.

U might want to Check with Shane Reveiz on how easy Mr Coffee is! Shane had close matches agaisnt Frankie for the last two years with the last match going to 2 ot. Coffee beat shane by more points. It's al about match up's and in my heart I would pull for Frankie but Coffee proved he is no push over.

They only top kid he didn't face was Frankie.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(ut18vols @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826376061[/snapback]I was talking at state with some people and Ive decided a way to have the undisputed 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners.

very good idea, its called true second and it could only happen if the 3rd placer never wrestled the second place in that tournament. The only reason they dont do that is because everyone comes to see the finals match, after that, no one really cares about 2nd or 3rd place. But most if not all regions use true second as a measure for team state.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:31 PM) 826390021[/snapback]U might want to Check with Shane Reveiz on how easy Mr Coffee is! Shane had close matches agaisnt Frankie for the last two years with the last match going to 2 ot. Coffee beat shane by more points. It's al about match up's and in my heart I would pull for Frankie but Coffee proved he is no push over.

They only top kid he didn't face was Frankie.

yeah Frankie's always had close matches with Reveiz (including one for third), but Frankie has this weird mental block with Reveiz. Frankie's beat people who have killed Reveiz before, like at that tournament ( i dont remember which one, sorry) where that state champ from florida showed up. when shane wrestled the florida guy he got his but kicked, but frankie ended up beating the florida guy by 2.

• 2 weeks later...