Lake Co Stuns #1 Ranked Gleason

mrbigster

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 16 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826375118[/snapback]

We must have pulled the trigger almost at the same time....LOL...Congrats to the Lady Falcons....

Hopefully this is a good sign that will follow with the other Falcon team clipping the seemingly unbeatable Tornadoes..But ..this is the girls post so I'll post about that on the boys site..U.C. girls have to be feeling good about the L.C. win also after beating the Lady Falcons both times...The last game was a great game between U.C. and Lake Co ..Both teams played well!U.C. has a tough game with a Bradford team first though that seems to really be on a roll right now!

Let me tell everyone a little story:

The best girl's high school BBAll team I have ever seen was from Lauderdale County (Alabama). I believe the year was 1999. I may be off a year on that. They were beating everyone all over the state. Undefeated, #1, could not be touched. Then another top 10 team, West Limestone, caught them on an off night and beat them by 2. Lauderdale County had already beaten West Limestone a couple of times that same year by large margins. But on that one night, West Limestone took it to them.

Lauderdale County never lost again. Talk about a wake up call. They walked all over everyone else the rest of the year, including West Limestone in the regional tourney. When they got to state in Bham, final 4 in Alabama, it was like Men playing against young boys. They walked everyone's dog.

The moral here is: The best the rest of us can hope for is that Gleason does not wake up and walk all over the rest of us. They have to be great. They have accomplished too much not to be. This loss may break their spirit. But it might just relight a fire in their rears. We shall see. Good luck Gleason. I would love to play you in a few weeks.

All the above goes for ClarkRange too. With their coach, watch out for them now. They may start tearing teams up.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 17 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826376538[/snapback]

Let me tell everyone a little story:

The best girl's high school BBAll team I have ever seen was from Lauderdale County (Alabama). I believe the year was 1999. I may be off a year on that. They were beating everyone all over the state. Undefeated, #1, could not be touched. Then another top 10 team, West Limestone, caught them on an off night and beat them by 2. Lauderdale County had already beaten West Limestone a couple of times that same year by large margins. But on that one night, West Limestone took it to them.

Lauderdale County never lost again. Talk about a wake up call. They walked all over everyone else the rest of the year, including West Limestone in the regional tourney. When they got to state in Bham, final 4 in Alabama, it was like Men playing against young boys. They walked everyone's dog.

The moral here is: The best the rest of us can hope for is that Gleason does not wake up and walk all over the rest of us. They have to be great. They have accomplished too much not to be. This loss may break their spirit. But it might just relight a fire in their rears. We shall see. Good luck Gleason. I would love to play you in a few weeks.

All the above goes for ClarkRange too. With their coach, watch out for them now. They may start tearing teams up.

Break their spirit? Haha!