Ture State Champs

amIaCoach

In this day and age is TSSAA wrestling we have two divisions. We have had this for many years now. With that saying some of these wrestlers over the last few years have done all they could just to be a state champ. Sometimes I wonder though if we were all under one banner would we have some of these guys dominate like they do now. How many kids would be 4 time state champs? How many 8th graders would win their first state? Would Father Rayan all those years ruled the duals? Would Bradley have ruled all these past few years in the State?

I know other states have more than two division but I feel this state just need one. Thanks to the Football rule I feel wrestling has missed out on some pretty big and exciting things.....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pointblankrange @ Feb 17 2007 - 11:14 AM) 826375941[/snapback]

if we are going to split it in two divisions why dont we do large school/small school. i dont know one other state that does public/private

It's not public/private. Its non-scholarship/scholarship.

As far as true state champions, I would love to see a tournament a week or even a month after the TSSAA state championship where the Division I and Division II top 4 (or even six) face off to see who would take it all. It would take alot of work and is probably out of the question, but it would be a great tournament to see.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:33 AM) 826375975[/snapback]

It's not public/private. Its non-scholarship/scholarship.

As far as true state champions, I would love to see a tournament a week or even a month after the TSSAA state championship where the Division I and Division II top 4 (or even six) face off to see who would take it all. It would take alot of work and is probably out of the question, but it would be a great tournament to see.

Divison 2 schools do not offer scholarships they offer financial aid just as most colleges and universities. The families of students wishing to receive financial aid must complete a series of forms requiring detailed personal financial information including past Internal Revenue Service tax returns. After the forms are completed the forms are sent to Princeton, NJ and that is where the decision is made as to how much financial aid a family may receive. Once a decision is made as to how much aid a family may receive the school must then make the decision as to how much financial aid they wish to extend to the family while not exceeding the maxium amount that Princeton deemed acceptable. Some schools may give 100% of the maxium financial aid while others may extend 25% or 0% of the maxium. All financial aid decisions made by the various schools are made on an individual basis.

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826375993[/snapback]Divison 2 schools do not offer scholarships they offer financial aid just as most colleges and universities. The families of students wishing to receive financial aid must complete a series of forms requiring detailed personal financial information including past Internal Revenue Service tax returns. After the forms are completed the forms are sent to Princeton, NJ and that is where the decision is made as to how much financial aid a family may receive. Once a decision is made as to how much aid a family may receive the school must then make the decision as to how much financial aid they wish to extend to the family while not exceeding the maxium amount that Princeton deemed acceptable. Some schools may give 100% of the maxium financial aid while others may extend 25% or 0% of the maxium. All financial aid decisions made by the various schools are made on an individual basis.

While most schools require the families to have a financial need not all do. Several school offer scholarships regardless of the household income.

QUOTE(RHSraptor @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826377885[/snapback]My idea is after the State Championships are over have a DI/DII dual meet with the champions wrestling each other. That would solidify the argument of 1. which champion is better and 2. which division is better.

What do you all think?

Are you saying take the 14 state champions from each weight and each division and put them on a team and then have a dual meet with the opposite division? If thats what you're saying, that would be a great idea. Not sure it would ever happen (like said before), but it would be the best way to go.

QUOTE(Cox @ Feb 18 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826377707[/snapback]While most schools require the families to have a financial need not all do. Several school offer scholarships regardless of the household income.

If you know of students that receive a scholarship or aid without dealing with Princeton you need to turn them in if that student is an athlete. There are alot of people that spread rumors but most of the time that is all you have, a bad rumor.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826377891[/snapback]Are you saying take the 14 state champions from each weight and each division and put them on a team and then have a dual meet with the opposite division? If thats what you're saying, that would be a great idea. Not sure it would ever happen (like said before), but it would be the best way to go.

This can be done but you will have to use seniors. You will not be able to use anyone that is not a senior because it would be considered an All-Star match.

QUOTE(bamafan125 @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826377891[/snapback]Are you saying take the 14 state champions from each weight and each division and put them on a team and then have a dual meet with the opposite division? If thats what you're saying, that would be a great idea. Not sure it would ever happen (like said before), but it would be the best way to go.

I think some Refs from Middle TN tried to do this many years ago. HTey had all the kids set up to do this but it fell through because of the TSSAA.

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826377906[/snapback]If you know of students that receive a scholarship or aid without dealing with Princeton you need to turn them in if that student is an athlete. There are alot of people that spread rumors but most of the time that is all you have, a bad rumor.

If I have been personally involved with a situtation like I stated before then it is not a bad rumor it is truth.